Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1289172 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #14750 on: September 04, 2018, 02:13:54 am »
All the best Terry, you'll come through it just fine.
 I've just spent a week in hospital with viral gastroenteritis, a real pain in the guts it was too. Last Monday week I felt a bit butchers then Tuesday night felt worse so checked in to the afterhours doc at the local hospital and he sent me straight to the ER. I was doubling up in pain. The worrying bit was that the symptoms were identical to those I had in 2001 which was found to be, after the surgeon opened me up, a blockage caused by a bowel tumour. I really didn't want to go through all that again. I mentally kicked myself for being 12 months overdue for a colonoscopy.
Anyway, later in the night the perceived blockage cleared itself with a blast of fluid and continued to do so every hour or so for the next couple of days. I needed morphine several times a day for the pain, topped up inbetween with Panadol. After two days the anal flooding stopped. Then nothing for several days. They let me out once the pain had subsided to a level I could manage at home without morphine. Still have the pain but its getting less and less each day and I can now walk without being bent over. In 7 days I went from 83.5kg to 80kg. Those shakes are the way to go!
Hospitals (and viruses) pi$$ me off.

Sorry I missed this earlier Krusty, sorry to read about your issues, that sounds horrible mate! I was lucky, they gave me an enema last night, which opened the flood gates (sluice gates?) and I'm fine again now, or at least as fine as a bloke can be with a gut full of staples and no stomach, to speak of.

Nothing to compare with poor bloody Brian when I first met him in hospital with pretty much everything broken from the neck down, but there have been occasions when I wondered why I didn't just keep enjoying those burgers and use the operation money to put a deposit on a new Indian Chief?

Oh well, so much for "I'm here for a good time, not a long time". I've said it before and I'll say it again, getting old pisses me off...... ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14751 on: September 06, 2018, 10:52:21 pm »
Well sitting on my arse watching TV is killing me when I could be outside twirling spanners, but my wife told me that if I'm good and rest up for another day or so, she'll let me do some "light" wrenching, so that's not too much of a piss-off.

The hospital discharged me with a "showbag" full of drugs, Oxycodon, (Woohoo!) Tramadol (Party!) anti-nausea, anti-ulcer, anti-constipation, blood thinner syringes that I have to self inject every night, and some other sh1t that I've forgotten. I found an invoice in the bag and thought, "Fark, how much is all this gonna cost?" opened it, and all up it was only $56? I should have asked for twice as much! ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #14752 on: September 07, 2018, 01:39:25 am »
party at terrys place!

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #14753 on: September 07, 2018, 04:02:38 am »
I'll bring the cheap cider and punk rock records, see you all there
i blame Terry

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #14754 on: September 07, 2018, 04:22:14 am »
I'll bring the meat pies and tomato sauce for the main course.
And some Sardines and Custard for desert.
That'll test the fcuking bypass job out.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14755 on: September 07, 2018, 05:02:21 am »
Ha ha, I almost choked on my multi-vitamin tablet this morning mate, so as much as I'd love a delicious meat pie, I'd have to shove it in the blender, and one pie would be 3 or 4 meals for me at the moment.......... ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #14756 on: September 07, 2018, 11:24:24 am »
How is everything going Terry.
Things will settle back into a normal routine again mate.
Speaking of meat pies, I remember my Dad telling me about this bloke who bought a meat pie and found a cockroach in it.
Well he kept whinging his guts out about it and so the old man told him shut the fcuk up and just be thankful that he didn't find half a cockroach in his pie.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #14757 on: September 07, 2018, 11:40:08 am »
I'll bring the cheap cider and punk rock records, see you all there

I like your style
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14758 on: September 08, 2018, 12:34:35 am »
How is everything going Terry.
Things will settle back into a normal routine again mate.
Speaking of meat pies, I remember my Dad telling me about this bloke who bought a meat pie and found a cockroach in it.
Well he kept whinging his guts out about it and so the old man told him shut the fcuk up and just be thankful that he didn't find half a cockroach in his pie.  ;D

G'Day Mick, all good here mate, working my way thru all these beaut drugs they gave me, and did a little tinkering with my old Z1000 drag bike, have you seen my new thread yet?

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,174026.new.html#new

I'm not even supposed to leave my chair at the moment, but I got bored so did a little bit today, but when I tried to kick start that high comp 1100 it kicked back and I managed to knee myself in the guts, so gave up for the day. Sadly I'm not allowed to drink any booze at the moment, so I'll have to have a cup of tea. Oh well, more drugs coming up! ;D

Terry's Z1000 tank by terry prendergast, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:13:04 am by Terry in Australia »

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #14759 on: September 08, 2018, 03:01:27 am »
That'll be a weapon mate.
Always had a soft spot for those.
I know what you mean about staying still.
It does piss you off when they tell you to sit around and watch the grass grow.
Back in the 80's  they shoved me into Royal Darwin Hossie to check my guts out because we'd been smashing Bundy Rum into us.
Every night was a bender.
The then missus came up for a visit and so I escaped and we went to down to the beach for a root.
Then around to my mates place for a few beers and back up to to the ward just in time for tea.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:04:34 am by mick7504 »
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #14760 on: September 08, 2018, 04:28:31 am »
How's it going Mick, haven't heard from you for a bit.
Bill the demon.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #14761 on: September 08, 2018, 03:22:05 pm »
How are you going Bill.
All good I hope mate.
I've been keeping myself occupied with yard maintenence every weekend since mid March when we had that Cyclone that blew sh1t from arsehole to breakfast time around the joint.
It was one hell of a big mess with trees down and buggered fences but on the home run now mate.

Last weekend I took 293 empty beer bottles to the recycling depot so it's been bloody thirsty work.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #14762 on: September 09, 2018, 03:55:07 am »
293 dead troopers? Mick, how many days, just checking? ( seeing how far I've fallen behind ) #$%* I hate being old.
Bill the demon.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #14763 on: September 09, 2018, 01:55:07 pm »
I only have beers on the weekend Bill.
Strictly a non drinker throughout the week.
My mate has been giving me some assistance on a few of the weekends with the cleanup and he is a very enthusiastic contributor to the empty beer bottle collection.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #14764 on: September 13, 2018, 03:10:08 pm »
A gear lever rubber that cost me NZ$130 !
Imported some parts from David Silver in the UK and as an after thought I added a new gear lever rubber to the list at the cost of $6. Turns out that extra $6 pushed the total passed $400 which is the point where we have to pay import duty in NZ so an extra $130 had to be paid. What really pissed me off was when I put the new gear lever rubber in to my spares box I noticed that I already had one - f^*k !!!

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #14765 on: September 13, 2018, 03:56:17 pm »
Landlord shut down my buddies shop.

What a shock to the system.
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14766 on: September 13, 2018, 07:05:36 pm »
A gear lever rubber that cost me NZ$130 !
Imported some parts from David Silver in the UK and as an after thought I added a new gear lever rubber to the list at the cost of $6. Turns out that extra $6 pushed the total passed $400 which is the point where we have to pay import duty in NZ so an extra $130 had to be paid. What really pissed me off was when I put the new gear lever rubber in to my spares box I noticed that I already had one - f^*k !!!

Bloody hell mate, I bought a baggie of those rubbers on Ebay years ago for cheap. The trick with DSS is to tell them to send the parts via Royal Mail, not by courier. Same thing happened to me years ago, I bought a couple of seat covers from them for under $200, but by the time their courier (DHL? UPS? Can't remember) walked my package thru customs, the price doubled. Its cheaper to have DSS just mail the parts to you, and that way it doesn't have any import duty applied. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #14767 on: September 13, 2018, 07:37:33 pm »
Yep, lesson learnt Terry.
On the plus side, I just had a good score with some new CB500 exhaust pipes. I ordered a set from Wemoto's Sydney's branch. They said they had to get them from their UK head office and the freight to me in NZ would be Aus $80. I thought that was reasonable given they weigh 40+ kilos. 3 weeks later they came back and said they had made an error and the freight would $600. Told them to shove it where the sun don't shine and then ordered some from CB Four.com in Germany. The pipes were $180 cheaper and they stuffed up the freight cost by charging me for "Europe" delivery - 35 Euros. I quickly paid them and they are on the way.
As the dyslexic priest said - there is a Dog !

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14768 on: September 13, 2018, 08:08:57 pm »
Ha ha, very good mate, I just bought a heap of parts from WeMoto in Japan for Kwaka Z900 parts, I thought the shipping was awfully cheap, so I hope they don't hit me up for more? I've got tracking references though, so I'm guessing it's too late? ;D

ken65

« Reply #14769 on: September 14, 2018, 02:02:26 am »
Similar story . A mate put an order in from the old dart for $1003 or something like that last year.. Never gave it a second thought till he copped a $100 plus  GST bill.
Now bloody ebay add GST to every ebay order from O/S,  even postage.  Pisses me off.
And now with our piss weak currency rate and paypall conversion rates  I only got 68 cents in the dollar a week ago.. its just not cricket.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14770 on: September 15, 2018, 06:09:56 pm »
Yep, I did the "Buy it now" for a set of 33mm Mikuni smoothbore carbs for the Z1000 dragbike Ken, but Ebay tried to charge me another $80 USD for "Government charges" on top of the $410 (item plus shipping) so my $300 carbs suddenly became $590 USD! Fcuking hell, I could buy them cheaper here in Oz! I had to back out of the deal, but the seller was fine, he could see that Ebay was screwing me.

What really #$%* me though, was that he was a private seller like me, not a business, and I still don't think GST is applied to private sales? It's certainly not applied to private sales on Gumtree etc? I did pay a little GST on all of the bits that I bought from Wemoto, but that's OK, it was still way cheaper than buying it from the ripoff dealers here in Oz. Getting ripped off pisses me off.......... ;D

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14771 on: September 15, 2018, 07:07:31 pm »
 Not having a decent summer sohc reunion pisses me off.
 Oh and a 13 degree high yesterday pissed me off  it's been I  the 20,s a few days ago.
 And we are getting rain.  #$%* every day lately, we went months  without rain..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #14772 on: September 15, 2018, 09:38:11 pm »
Quit your bellyaching, Frank, at least you got to go to B'ville. ;)  Temps here have been as low as 41F, and as high as 95 this week. This is the first time in two months that it hasn't rained or hailed or thundered for more than 3 days in a row. :P   
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14773 on: September 15, 2018, 11:42:36 pm »
Yep, freezing here today too guys, 55 deg F, brrrrr! I'm so looking forward to some warmer weather! ;D

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14774 on: September 16, 2018, 12:02:27 am »
uncommonly excellent beautiful weather here in Michigan after a a sweltering summer...but yeah, I here ya Frank, these old bike dudes flake out when its time to ride...actually most all of these bike dudes in general are just posers

#$%* it though, got a little run tomorrow with some real tight vjmc stoner bros
If it works good, it looks good...