Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1276464 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #15750 on: July 10, 2019, 10:35:24 pm »
Terry, I'm in the middle of this country between two big rivers, 40 miles each way. Nobody here wears a cowboy hat. But if you wanna visit we'll kick out the roo's and throw a shrimp on the Barbie!

Woohoo! Thats going on my retirement list Don, thanks mate! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15751 on: July 10, 2019, 10:50:46 pm »
Terry, if you get caught wearing chaps in Arizona, you better be sitting on a horse. ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #15752 on: July 10, 2019, 10:55:15 pm »
Way to go Scottly,  now I'm pissed off. I have a picture of Terry wearing chaps and singing Y M C A! Quick someone hit me in the head with a shovel so I can stop seeing that!🤯
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15753 on: July 10, 2019, 10:59:24 pm »
I just want to jump in and make sure everyone knows that Jgger has a MENTAL picture of me doing that, not an ACTUAL picture...... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #15754 on: July 10, 2019, 11:01:44 pm »
You hope!
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15755 on: July 10, 2019, 11:03:00 pm »
Jim, now picture Terry with chaps and only a thong underneath. :o :o ugh, burp I'm going to puke....
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #15756 on: July 10, 2019, 11:05:08 pm »
Oh my! This isn't going to end pretty.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15757 on: July 10, 2019, 11:14:14 pm »
Well, this is the pissed off thread. ;) Some years ago, there were quite a few pics with Terry's mug photo-shopped into numerous unflattering scenarios. ;D ;D

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #15758 on: July 10, 2019, 11:22:07 pm »
Wow, sorry I missed that..............not. But I did enjoy when Terry and Martin would go after each other, what ever happened to ol' Martin?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15759 on: July 11, 2019, 05:00:31 am »
Wow thats Freaky Jim, I'm chatting to him on Facebook right now! He's going well, rode his F2 to work (English summer) and I'm guessing that life is good! I must ask him to come back here, I missed him and I guess you guys have too? He's a great guy with a good sense of humor, which is mandatory if you want to survive on this site! ; D

Online Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #15760 on: July 11, 2019, 09:59:06 am »
 My bike's acting funny I don't understand why---- well, I added this, and took off that----and I rewired it---and drilled the jets---put on pods---took off the fenders and now I get wet---
 Some of the guys have so much patience helping, and then the poster finally admits he screwed the pooch himself.
    Kudo's to the guys that maintain their cool after spending time looking things up and finding answers, only to realize the posters problems are not described well, self inflicted and obvious.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #15761 on: July 11, 2019, 02:05:40 pm »
My bike's acting funny I don't understand why---- well, I added this, and took off that----and I rewired it---and drilled the jets---put on pods---took off the fenders and now I get wet---
 Some of the guys have so much patience helping, and then the poster finally admits he screwed the pooch himself.
    Kudo's to the guys that maintain their cool after spending time looking things up and finding answers, only to realize the posters problems are not described well, self inflicted and obvious.

How many hail soichiro's do I owe for being THAT GUY.

Also, gods of speed forgive me for what I am about to do!
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15762 on: July 11, 2019, 03:54:36 pm »

Yeah mate, the Internet is a truly wonderful thing, but the negative for me is any clown and his dog assuming that if he wants to be a "fabricator" all he needs is an angle grinder and a can of flat black. I despair when I look at the dangerous sh1t they turn out and all their flakey followers who kneel at the alter of incompetence, jerking off the "builders" ego with over flattering adulation.

And if anyone comes along and makes the least disparaging comments on safety or practicality, they're labelled as a troll. Fee Fi Fo Fum, that really pisses me off ! ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #15763 on: July 11, 2019, 04:20:34 pm »
i'd like to say right here and now, i'm fully aware of the effects of any changes to any of my motorcycles, both in regards to safety and practicality, though it must be said most safety changes these days tend to be of a positive and increasative nature ( big brakes AND loud pipes save lives )

except for that time i replaced the ( castellated) rear axle nut on my vespa with the coolest looking pike nut you ever did see, unfortunately i was not aware that the castellations and hole through the axle were for putting a split pin into to prevent said nut undoing itself thereby allowing said nut to undo itself and the wheel then comes off the single sided axle disappearing up into the body of the vespa, this causes a slight loss of traction and a great and sudden increase in friction as the back end of the body itself comes into contact with the road surface, shortly followed by the left hand side of the bike , shortly followed by the rider itself
 a lesson well learned i say ( and two months in plaster from toes to testes gives you plenty of time to reflect on your mechanical shortcomings )
i blame Terry

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #15764 on: July 11, 2019, 07:10:12 pm »
I like big brakes and I cannot lie
Been told I share tmi

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate

See me Rollin, gonna catch me white and nerdy.

I digress   resume talk of the poo...wait, wrong thread.
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15765 on: July 11, 2019, 08:20:06 pm »
Ha ha, I must say that I love bikes that are modified to go faster, handle better and stop quicker, but if "form over function" mods that are just plain dangerous make me a hater, then I'm proud to wear that badge of honor! ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15766 on: July 11, 2019, 08:41:40 pm »
the vespa was modified for function as well, it had gone from a stock 197 with a breadbox exhaust and 24mm carb to a right little powerhouse...

it had a 212cc kit with a stroker crank that took it to 225cc, 30mm carb, unbaffled and  modified for freer breathing expansion chamber and hi-po clutch kit

it did however cop more than its fair share of bling...shed loads of chrome and engraving ( this was the mid 80s remember ), gold metalflake custom seat, trick backrest that flipped over for rider or passenger with matching gold metalflake pad, engraved windscreen, halogen conversion, candy metalflake gold/black paint, head/tail and indicator light grilles, stereo in the glovebox and probably other stuff i've forgotten

i finished it on the thursday before the first run of the year...trowelled it on the sunday

if i can ever find the photos of it i'll post them up for a laugh
i blame Terry

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15767 on: July 11, 2019, 08:44:39 pm »
( big brakes AND loud pipes save lives )

I agree about big brakes, but disagree about loud pipes, especially in today's world of insulated cages. :(

Offline goldarrow

• one day, i'll be an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #15768 on: July 11, 2019, 10:14:15 pm »
I’m pissed off.  Really pissed off.  No riding. No wrenching. I’m pissed.  When life got busy with other things. 

Life Is Full Of Challenges - And My Backyard Is Full Of SOHC4's

CB550 K0
CB750 K0, K2, K23 JDM, K45, K5
And the little ones z50r, xr50r, st90

750k5 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=114817.0

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15769 on: July 11, 2019, 10:33:07 pm »

I agree about big brakes, but disagree about loud pipes, especially in today's world of insulated cages. :(

if they're loud enough they get through
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15770 on: July 12, 2019, 04:43:01 am »

if they're loud enough they get through

They certainly do Spotty. I've told the story before about how loud pipes saved my life when I almost strayed into the path of 4 angry looking Bandido's on my ultra quiet Goldwing, but at the last minute I heard them before I saw them, and managed to steer out of their way before I caused a scary collision that had I survived, I would probably then be raped or beaten to death on the side of the Hume Highway.

Steering a land barge into the path of 4 drug crazed criminals on Harleys is a recipe for disaster, and enough to piss anyone off. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15771 on: July 13, 2019, 12:04:30 am »
Well I managed to drop my rear wheel brake backing plate assembly on my foot from about 3 or 4 feet when I was installing my rear wheel this afternoon, and I suspect I may have busted my big toe. Possibly breaking my big toe pisses me off. ;D

ken65

« Reply #15772 on: July 13, 2019, 12:19:17 am »
Well I managed to drop my rear wheel brake backing plate assembly on my foot from about 3 or 4 feet when I was installing my rear wheel this afternoon, and I suspect I may have busted my big toe. Possibly breaking my big toe pisses me off. ;D

I feel your pain Terrance. Once I dropped a sprocket carrier with a dirty but new sharp sprocket onto my leg just above my ankle .
The black grease tattooed half a dozen lines into the skin. Took a couple of years to disappear. Fair bit of blood.

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15773 on: July 13, 2019, 12:27:16 am »
o mah gawd!...that #$%* gots assbestass
If it works good, it looks good...

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15774 on: July 13, 2019, 01:14:35 am »
Thanks guys, and not worried about asbestos, I smoked for 40-odd year years and that didn't hurt me, so more worried about pulling on my Army boots later this week with a big swollen toe. I'm going to Darwin for 8 days, and I'll need to be able to walk. Bugger. ;D