Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1276401 times)

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #15775 on: July 13, 2019, 03:19:33 am »
A mate worked with a guy who fell off the roof on the weekend and broke his leg...put up with it until Monday, got the wife to drive him to work, fell over as he got out of the car and claimed the broken leg on workers compensation....got away with it

Now Terry, do you see where I'm going with this ?
i blame Terry

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #15776 on: July 13, 2019, 03:53:00 am »
Ha ha, yeah mate, but how the F would I claim breaking a toe in an office environment, especially if I can't even get my shoe on?! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #15777 on: July 13, 2019, 04:02:52 am »
A mate did a similar thing one night back in the 70's spotty.
We were all mad cnuts on the snakes hiss and the hooter.
One of the the party tricks to impress the girls was the dance of the flaming arseholes.

Now you had to get a news paper and roll it up, then drop ya dacks and then climb up onto an irioning board and light the newspaper at both ends.
You were either gonna get a fried fried freckle or a fried pecka.
No problem.

Well the ol' mates sack started to get a bit tropical and he went arse up off of the irioning board and fcuked his knee.

Anyway, come Monday morning as he was clocking on for work, he had the big fall at the time clocks in front of all and sundry and workers comp covered him for the nasty accident.
Happy Days.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:05:30 am by mick7504 »
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #15778 on: July 13, 2019, 10:28:37 am »
( big brakes AND loud pipes save lives )

I agree about big brakes, but disagree about loud pipes, especially in today's world of insulated cages. :(

if they're loud enough they get through

They certainly do Spotty. I've told the story before about how loud pipes saved my life when I almost strayed into the path of 4 angry looking Bandido's on my ultra quiet Goldwing, but at the last minute I heard them before I saw them, and managed to steer out of their way before I caused a scary collision that had I survived, I would probably then be raped or beaten to death on the side of the Hume Highway.

Steering a land barge into the path of 4 drug crazed criminals on Harleys is a recipe for disaster, and enough to piss anyone off. ;D

Scottly, try to think of loud pipes save lives as a metaphor for something else.

99% of bikers are good people
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #15779 on: July 13, 2019, 12:41:38 pm »
Back in the 80's I was working as a mechanic for a trucking company. My duties included helping out the tire guys when needed. I worked swing shift so sometimes I had to finish up day shift jobs. One evening I had to finish a complete tire replacement on a bobtail truck (6 wheels). These were old style 22" split rim wheels. I was on my 2nd or 3rd wheel and I was having trouble getting the old tire off of the rim (kinda rusted on). While shaking and hammering the rim out of the tire the rim came free all of the sudden and landed on my left foot (shifter foot!). I danced around in extreme pain for a good half an hour before taking my boot off and noticing my big toe was already turning blue. I decided I wasn't going to finish up the tire work and go home but I was on my bike and had to ride 30 miles to get home. I had to shift with the side of my foot and it was mucho uncomfortable. The next day I went to the dr. and he said my toe was broken. The nail fell out a few days later and I ended up on crutches and worker's comp for close to a month. Fingers and toes are some of the most painful things to smash. If I would have had steel toe boots or just had my foot an inch or 2 apart from where it was the edge of that heavy ass rim would have missed me.
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15780 on: July 13, 2019, 06:24:55 pm »
Well I think I dodged a bullet, after a couple of Tramadols, a couple of Panadeine Fortes, 4 Panadol Osteo and a bottle of Ginger Joe, I woke up this morning, and my ol' toe, although a bit black and blue, doesn't feel too bad. I was pretty sure it was busted last night, so obviously the above mentioned drugs are an actual cure for broken bones.

Naturally, discovering an instant cure for broken big toes does elevate me to the Marie Curie/Christiaan Barnard level so I suppose I better start rehearsing my Nobel Prize acceptance speech, but I need to crack on and get the front wheel on my K2 first, I need to get my priorities sorted, so as not to piss off the K2's prospective new owner. Pissing off the financial source of my next two builds would be a mistake. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15781 on: July 14, 2019, 02:18:54 am »
Ha ha, yeah mate, but how the F would I claim breaking a toe in an office environment, especially if I can't even get my shoe on?! ;D

re - booting a computer?a soft re-start = barefoot?

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #15782 on: July 14, 2019, 03:54:55 am »
Jesus ! Mick I thought that the dance of the flaming #$%*'s was a Canadian Navy ritual they being the only ones mad enough to perform it.
Bill the demon.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15783 on: July 14, 2019, 03:58:53 am »
I used to watch a particular stripper in Kings Cross in Sydney doing her version of the infamous dance. She only lit one end though, as the other end was inserted somewhere........ moist. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15784 on: July 17, 2019, 11:24:27 pm »
Well flew back to Darwin today, and I'm glad I did, sunshine, warm weather, fancy big arsed Ford Ranger truck thingy to drive into the outback (before I swap it for a Corolla on Sunday for the second half of my stay here) but what pisses me off is technology.

I'm still using my old iphone 5 until my iphone 7 comes back from the shop, but my 5 with IOS10 is not compatible with Virgin's in flight entertainment (which requires IOS 11) so I can't watch any movies. Not much fcuking fun on a 4(+) hour flight. Kill me, kill me now...... ;D

ken65

« Reply #15785 on: July 18, 2019, 12:29:19 am »
Poor little baby. Anything I can do to help??

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15786 on: July 18, 2019, 01:06:33 am »
just recently Terry I went from my trusty old Samsung s3 to a brand new s8!i #$%*ing hate the thing,exactly the same but totaly different,cant do easy short cuts etc,has better reception where we live though,i even went back to the s3 for a few days,new #$%* pisses me off!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15787 on: July 18, 2019, 01:22:34 am »
Thanks Dave, I'm glad you understand my dilemma, unlike that brute Ken, to think I answered my phone the other night brcause it was an incoming call from Southport QLD, and the only person I know from that area is Ken? Turns out it was someone called "Bet Easy", so I immediately hung up in their ear! Good thing is my old Ma gave me a shiny new iphone 7 but even though she paid for it, Telstra fcuking locked it, so I had to pay a little man $60 to unlock it before I can put my sim card in it. Technology sh1ts me as much as unsolicited phone calls from Southport...... ;D

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #15788 on: July 18, 2019, 01:29:50 am »
the only place in south port I can picture Ken would be the watch house!no phones allowed there so I guess he smuggled one in?and with the size of phones now that's gotta hurt?so you can get a square peg in a round hole?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15789 on: July 18, 2019, 02:26:08 am »
Ha ha, true. I remember when they were for making phone calls and Nokia ruled, I had a tiny Nokia phone, fcuk it was good, its such a pity that I still can't use it, I could easily sneak it into Southport lock up and give it to Ken so he could ring me now and then? ;D

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #15790 on: July 18, 2019, 06:02:56 pm »
Took the day off sick, cough cough. Pissing down with rain and cold as #$%*. playing in the garage it is then.
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15791 on: July 19, 2019, 03:36:10 am »
Took the day off sick, cough cough. Pissing down with rain and cold as #$%*. playing in the garage it is then.

Whaaat? You took a day off on sick leave Scunny, but you weren't really sick? Thats disgraceful! (And I'm not saying that because I'm jealous because I still don't have any sick leave days in my book because I still owe days from when I was sick last year, but needless to say, not having any sick leave to take pisses me off........) ;D

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #15792 on: July 20, 2019, 05:33:12 am »
Pissed me off...a local guy bought a scratch lotto ticket  after I bought mine at a local store & he won $4,000,000.00. My ticket = $0.00 Young guy and is being very reasonable w/ his winnings, ie, bought a Used Jaguar 2 seater.
Actually I'm happy for him as he's a nice guy. ::)
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #15793 on: July 20, 2019, 07:30:12 am »
Tests at the doc office piss me of.
Been having a issue lately and they missed doing a test on a sample now i have to wait 4 more days for results. And the bad thing. Its one of the most common reasons for my symptoms....
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline Trevor from Warragul

• Expert
« Reply #15794 on: July 20, 2019, 10:29:10 pm »
Mosquitos!  It's the frickin' middle of winter, and I just killed two of the beggars while working on my bikes in the garage.  I'm starting to believe this climate change stuff...
1971 Kawasaki H1A
1972 Honda CB350F
1976 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1978 Honda CBX
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Ducati Monster 750

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #15795 on: July 20, 2019, 10:54:30 pm »
Volkswagen and "German engineers "  , that has got to be the ULTIMATE OXYMORON! I completely ran out of cuss words today, and that is hard to do since I have been in construction for over 4 decades! The only freaking car I have seen that you need to raise it up on Jack stands to remove the rocker cover from the top of the engine. Plus they put the timing chains on the wrong end of the motor so you have to split the engine and trans to change a simple timing chain. Plus about $100 to $150 for "special" tools to use once and toss just to time the cams.

Did I mention that I HATE VW?
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15796 on: July 20, 2019, 11:28:40 pm »
Kangaroos. Big fat stupid jumping rats, that for some reason can't see shiny new Ford Ranger pickup trucks barreling down at them at 130 KPH (80 MPH) with lights on high beam in total darkness.

BANG!!!! FCUK!!!! SH1T!!!! SPEW!!!! Dammit, there goes my day, I didn't bother stopping, the roo was probably dead, but if not, I didn't have anything to put him out of his misery, and it might look odd to passers by if I was beating a kangaroo to death with my suitcase. The massive eagles who patrol the Victoria Highway at dawn to pick up any wounded roos and fly away with them for a good wholesome breakfast would have sorted the poor dumb baastard I suppose, luckily for me Army guys don't pay any excess on hire cars they damage, or I would have been out $1100.

Nearly killing yourself because our national symbol is the stupidest animal on earth really pisses me off........ ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15797 on: July 21, 2019, 03:23:15 am »
But there can't be that many national symbols that taste quite that good fried with a shedload of chilli

And that must piss those dopey skippy bastards right off,
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15798 on: July 21, 2019, 03:36:11 am »
That's true mate, the eagles reckon they're good tucker, but to me, I'd rather eat a nice looking cow, or one of the Buffaloes or Brahmans that were wandering around on the side of the road just outside Katherine? I don't know if anyone owned them or if they were wild, but they were huge, each carrying probably 3000 or 4000 delicious quarter pounders.

I'd seen a couple of carcasses on the highway on Friday when I was driving down, I'm guessing they were cleaned up by road trains, because if you hit one in your car, you'd come off second best. ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #15799 on: July 21, 2019, 03:53:29 am »
Did hear many years ago of a chap who hit some form of large bovine creature out that way somewhere, he was riding one of Bavarias finest twin cylinders, he apparently came off less than second best..
And that must have pissed the BMW club off as it can't be easy attracting members with their reputation, eh Terry ?
i blame Terry