Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1285343 times)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16200 on: December 02, 2019, 01:48:24 am »
It's the kindest thing you could do for him Spot.
I hope today was not to traumatic for either of you.
What can I say?
It's a sad, sad thing losing a mate.
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
  • Adelaide South Australia ...
« Reply #16201 on: December 02, 2019, 02:48:12 am »
Otto is gunna say thanks Spot, dont you worry about that...!!!

Otto doesnt want you to see a mate in distress, Just hold your mate when the vet gives the green mist, one second and thats it...

Just did it the other month with my Bully (cancer), left me on happy terms, cant help it , ya got to do whats best for ya mate...!!!

All the best mate...

vik...

Offline web

• Enthusiast
« Reply #16202 on: December 02, 2019, 07:31:53 am »
Been there too Spotty - You're doing your buddy the best favor possible with the options you have.

Mine was very sudden - an inoperable blood clot taking down (literally) the rear half. It's heartbreaking if that's the only thing you can still do for your buddy - but try to find peace in the certainty that it's the only option. It's not a difficult choice, it's the only one, and thus by default the right one.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #16203 on: December 02, 2019, 11:10:10 am »
Cheer up Spotty, I had to hold Jerry the black cat's little paw as the vet gave him the shot, and watched the life go out of his eyes, then take him home to bury.

He still comes to visit now and then, we've all seen him, so we think it's pretty wonderful that of all the places he could be now, he still thinks enough of us to drop in now and then. Nothing wrong with feeling sad about their passing, it reinforces our faith in humanity.
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline CBJoe

• Master
« Reply #16204 on: December 02, 2019, 12:31:19 pm »
Cheer up Spotty, I had to hold Jerry the black cat's little paw as the vet gave him the shot, and watched the life go out of his eyes, then take him home to bury.

He still comes to visit now and then, we've all seen him, so we think it's pretty wonderful that of all the places he could be now, he still thinks enough of us to drop in now and then. Nothing wrong with feeling sad about their passing, it reinforces our faith in humanity.

Well said...I cry like a little girl everytime we lose a cat.  Our last few vets have been nice enough to let me hold them and even apply the shot myself.  We've got 2 ancient old lady cats left and I think I may consider in-home visit if I can find a vet to do it.

'07 Bonneville Black
'15 Moto Guzzi California 1400
CB750K2 Hot Rod Revival http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,171693.0.html
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #16205 on: December 02, 2019, 01:06:02 pm »
yeah its awfull spotty,pets aren't just pets theyre a loved family member.

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #16206 on: December 03, 2019, 12:07:31 am »
Thanks for all the kind words, twas still a twunt of a day, but he's in a less troubled place now

He's propping up a fluffy white rose bush now and not hurting, same can't be said for me, I still expect the little fcuker to be waiting halfway down the stairs to trip me up, maybe his mate gnocchi will take over sabotage duties

Much in the way of beer and cider has been inhaled and that can't hurt
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16207 on: December 03, 2019, 01:28:22 am »
Rest easy mate, he might have thrown off his mortal coil, but he's on his way to many more adventures. Go and rescue another one, and continue the good work. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #16208 on: December 03, 2019, 07:31:17 am »
 We haven't had a cat for over a year and out of the corner of my eye I still expected to see a cat when a bag of squirrel food was left in his spot by the patio door. Last night in the dark I bumped into a chair with a coat over it and it reminded me of the big dog. They do become a part of our lives.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16209 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:20 am »
I caught a nasty cold and just looked in the mirror. I now know what my brother meant when he said my eyes look like two pi ss holes in a snow bank. 

Offline CBJoe

• Master
Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16210 on: December 03, 2019, 01:51:34 pm »
Cheers to Spotty and all the cat lovers...Who says bikers aren't softies.  I dont want to turn this pissed off thread into a tearjerker thread but just had to say goodbye to my old Tortie cat...had Gaz for almost 19 years.  Thought she was gonna live forever.   

Gonna go drink a scotch and have a cry in tribite to Gaz and Otto and all the rest

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 01:53:10 pm by CBJoe »
'07 Bonneville Black
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16211 on: December 03, 2019, 03:17:32 pm »
Enjoy that drink mate, being a human doesn't make you a softy. And get another cat, there are plenty that need a good home. ;D

Offline CBJoe

• Master
Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16212 on: December 03, 2019, 03:32:10 pm »
Enjoy that drink mate, being a human doesn't make you a softy. And get another cat, there are plenty that need a good home. ;D

Oh...i've done and am doing my part.  we've got 6 other cats....1 Old Lady, 2 rescues (one of which had kittens and we kept 3).  So no new kitties for a bit. 

ok...back to angry threads now...no more crying gents.  letting old Rasputin and scotch get me worked up for a good #$%* about my old Ford Ranger spitting some sort of fluid on my exhaust manifold and smoking under the hood.  Digging into that this weekend.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:33:51 pm by CBJoe »
'07 Bonneville Black
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16213 on: December 03, 2019, 04:01:00 pm »
Nice. What year Ranger? I've got a '98 Exploder and I think the same year Rangers had the same drive train? I'm pissed off that we never got the 90's rangers here, our first rangers were just the "Badge Engineered" Mazda's which weren't as cool. ;D

Offline CBJoe

• Master
« Reply #16214 on: December 03, 2019, 04:14:40 pm »
2001 2WD Ranger edge with the 4.0L

I’ve had this truck since new...planning to keep it running till the bitter end.  I didn’t have time to look close but it’s burning off the rear driver side manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'07 Bonneville Black
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16215 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:51 pm »
Cam cover gasket leaking perhaps? My son has a 2002 Exploder thats been parked for years in my back yard. I used to start it and run it every few weeks, but forgot about it when I got sick, so now the fuel pump's not working. Not sure if it's a fcuked relay or dead pump, but I'm pissed off that it's not running, I was gonna steal the engine and tranny for  my '98 which has the rattley camchains and electronic overdrive problems. ;D

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #16216 on: December 03, 2019, 05:18:38 pm »
I am pissed that I can't afford to replace the 390cfm Holley 4bbl on my hotrod 85' GMC S-15 Sonoma with a fuel injection unit. It has the stock 2.8l 60 degree V6 block, oil pan, timing cover and rods. The rest of the motor is aftermarket or GM 3.1/3.4 60 degree V6 parts. The carb is sucking air somewhere but I need the truck for a little while longer. Then I can figure out what the problem is after I get the other truck licensed.
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #16217 on: December 03, 2019, 06:17:00 pm »
I’ve had this truck since new...planning to keep it running till the bitter end.  I didn’t have time to look close but it’s burning off the rear driver side manifold.

my rodeo ( aka the clown car) has the same problem, we chased the problem for ages, new cam cover gasket, new spark plug seals, nope, still leaking...turns out its a cracked rocker cover, still haven't fixed it though, scares the crap out of people next to me at the lights when smoke starts billowing out when i stop beside them, makes me laugh though
i blame Terry

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16218 on: December 04, 2019, 12:52:34 pm »

my rodeo ( aka the clown car) has the same problem, we chased the problem for ages, new cam cover gasket, new spark plug seals, nope, still leaking...turns out its a cracked rocker cover, still haven't fixed it though, scares the crap out of people next to me at the lights when smoke starts billowing out when i stop beside them, makes me laugh though
[/quote]

I removed an approx. 4' dia. welded and riveted flue off of a coal boiler, we put it on the back of my shop truck with a crane. There was a couple feet sticking up in front, a 90* elbow and more pipe sticking up in the back. As we drove home the soot was blowing out of the pipe, there must have been a lot because every passing car was flashing it's lights and honking. They assumed we were on fire,  we smiled and waved back.

Offline CBJoe

• Master
« Reply #16219 on: December 04, 2019, 02:32:07 pm »

Looks like PCV valve is bad or one of the coolant lines to it is leaking.  Not sure if I’ve ever replaced it to be honest.  And didn’t realize till now the valve has a wrap around tube that’s a coolant line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'07 Bonneville Black
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16220 on: December 04, 2019, 03:07:52 pm »
Looks like lots of burned on coolant Joe? ;D

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #16221 on: December 04, 2019, 03:40:31 pm »
FCUK MY BROWN DOG SPOT!   >:( >:( >:(
I've just spent $2000 on radiator and thermostat housing my #$%*box truck. :o
If The Lovely Evelyn ever finds all my receipts for this thing, I'm a dead man. :(
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #16222 on: December 04, 2019, 05:19:36 pm »
FCUK MY BROWN DOG SPOT!   >:( >:( >:(

always glad to help out a fellow biker but that may be stretching it a bit.......

and i doubt the Lovely Evelyn would be overly happy about it either
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16223 on: December 04, 2019, 06:13:37 pm »
Yes, I'm in a similar situation Brian, lots of big expensive looking boxes have been arriving at Chez Terry of late, and yesterday the missus had clearly had enough, and said in her most accusatory tone, "How much did THAT cost???"

Luckily for me it was only a rusty old rear fender for the K1 and not the Lesters or the new Delkevic exhaust, so I proudly showed her the included invoice ($20 USD) and she quickly lost interest.

Hopefully she won't ask again when some of those really expensive boxes arrive......... ;D

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #16224 on: December 04, 2019, 06:23:58 pm »
You need some decoy boxes and tell her they are "Christmss" presents.🙈🙉🙊
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s