Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1289813 times)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16325 on: January 07, 2020, 01:04:19 am »
like our Hyundai not manually adjustable with the drum in place,real good design?

Online seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16326 on: January 07, 2020, 01:20:15 am »
Open the bleed screw.
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #16327 on: January 07, 2020, 06:48:03 pm »
Loan it to me and I'll drive it down to Bairnsdale and park it at my cousins place Spotty, how much is it insured for? ;D

Bairnsdale fires 4 Jan 2020 by Terry Prendergast, on Flickr
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
  • Adelaide South Australia ...
« Reply #16328 on: January 07, 2020, 06:57:14 pm »
I did indeed take out the little screw holding the drum to the axle
But there is no hole to make any adjustments from outside

No slot with a rubber bung on the backing plate...??? FMD, could they be that stupid ...???

Give it to Terry for a drive  ;)

vik... :-X

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #16329 on: January 07, 2020, 07:36:11 pm »
I did indeed take out the little screw holding the drum to the axle
But there is no hole to make any adjustments from outside

No slot with a rubber bung on the backing plate...??? FMD, could they be that stupid ...???

Give it to Terry for a drive  ;)

vik... :-X

The heat might help it come off. 8)
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16330 on: January 07, 2020, 08:18:26 pm »
my car pisses me off, i know that the front discs are a bit ( ? ) warped and have adjusted my driving style to suit but this morning whilst taking my usual perilous route to work down a single lane gravel track with a 14% average incline i press the pedal as usual ( most of the way down the hill , its nasty steep) the pedal decides that it needs to sink a big bit further towards the floor just as someone else appears round a corner going up the hill....sheeeeet

managed to avoid collecting him but the brakes got a whole lot worse from then on, stopped for fuel and the m/c was nearly empty, this just gets better

got to work and thought i shall look at that later, someone else comes in and asks me why my back wheel is leaking some fluid or other....looks like i've blown the slave cylinder in the back drivers wheel so up on a stand , wheel off and do you think the drum will come off ? not a bloody chance, even using the large hammer of persuasion it won't budge

shall try and get some help this a/noon but a train/bus ride home ios looking on the cards tonight

and of course the bike is in bits awaiting putting back together
I want to see the bus driving you back, up the 14 percent grade !
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16331 on: January 07, 2020, 11:43:58 pm »
He's not joking Frank, Spotty's driveway is near vertical! The first time I went to his place my BMW R1100GS fell over while I was trying to turn it around on his driveway, and as he was helping me manhandle it back up it rolled backwards into his horrible holden, smiting it a mighty blow and putting a dent in his door.

Later that day, while still quite sober, we both fell over more than once walking around his property. Seriously, he's got a magnificent view, but I don't envy him, I quite like being able to stand up without fear of tumbling down my front yard, or falling down my driveway. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #16332 on: January 08, 2020, 12:23:24 am »
The bus doesn't use that road, it comes up the paved road but that takes a more gradual gradient, the dirt road is 1.2km and the proper road takes about 7km to reach the same spot

Back to being pissed off with the car, one of the real mechanics at work finally found the adjuster and the drum is off
Not only is the slave cylinder shagged but the shoes are nearly back to metal too so both sides are going to need doing
At least the drums should be ok to reuse

And another driveway tale.....my spare vmax motor lives strapped to a skate board and one day I was shifting it around the carport.
I thought I'd chocked it against a garden bed, imagine my delight when I heard it trundle off down the driveway, I started off after it thinking " what the hell am I going to do if I catch it ?"
Luckily it hit a bump in the tarmac and flipped over sideways, did a couple of tumbles and came to rest upside down in another garden bed
I had to attach a rope to haul it back up the hill
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16333 on: January 08, 2020, 12:37:10 am »
Spare VMax engine? Hmmnnn, I wonder if one could be shoe-horned into a CB750 frame.............? ;D

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #16334 on: January 08, 2020, 12:44:58 am »
v max powered skate board?sell it to the local kids?

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #16335 on: January 08, 2020, 08:49:13 pm »
I loved that car and only sold it because I was posted to Brisbane, and the drive would have been horribly expensive with an average of 9 MPG.

Well at least that makes me feel a little bit better about the 20 MPG I'm getting out of my GMC powered Landcruiser.

Sorry Uncle Tez,I was going through my trucks log and it would appear that I have made a blue with my fuel figures.
I'm getting an average of 17mpg. :(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:26:43 am by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #16336 on: January 08, 2020, 11:43:40 pm »
He's not joking Frank, Spotty's driveway is near vertical! The first time I went to his place my BMW R1100GS fell over while I was trying to turn it around on his driveway, and as he was helping me manhandle it back up it rolled backwards into his horrible holden, smiting it a mighty blow and putting a dent in his door.

Later that day, while still quite sober, we both fell over more than once walking around his property. Seriously, he's got a magnificent view, but I don't envy him, I quite like being able to stand up without fear of tumbling down my front yard, or falling down my driveway. ;D

I would like to see a picture of Spotties driveway. Got a bit of a gnarly one myself.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16337 on: January 09, 2020, 02:57:10 am »

I would like to see a picture of Spotties driveway. Got a bit of a gnarly one myself.

Think of a staircase, without any steps, just mossy, slippery bitumen mate, and that's Spotty's driveway. I've been to Hitlers "Eagle's Nest" in Austria, and I think Spotty's driveway is steeper. I never saw footage of Hitler falling arse over head in Berchtesgaden.... ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #16338 on: January 09, 2020, 02:00:15 pm »
i got a flat battery on the vmax one day so i thought that the gradient of the driveway would enable an easy roll start, no.....

it wouldn't start and i couldn't get it back up the top to charge the battery on my own so i had to ring one of the boys from the cfa and get him to come over and help push the bastard thing back up the bastard hill
i blame Terry

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #16339 on: January 11, 2020, 12:52:28 am »
I feel your pain Spotty, have had to push a few motorcycles.
What's pissing me off you might say.
went to show off the beer that I'm drinking and could not find the thread.
Mac's Interstate APA if anyone is interested.
moderators feel free to shift my post to the correct part of the web.
That pisses me off, nice beer tho.
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #16340 on: January 11, 2020, 04:53:58 pm »
What really pisses me off is when you're on a diet and have the #$%*s. it's like dam I'm already barely eating at least let me retain some food. Also would ve nice for my arse not to be ablaze
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16341 on: January 11, 2020, 06:44:23 pm »
Spotty , carry the battery up the hill next time..
 Gurp, I hope the Flaming Hopp cools down for you..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #16342 on: January 11, 2020, 06:47:42 pm »
Was kindly informed by a state trooper highway patrolman the tail light on my truck was malfunctioning.
Sure enough, the fixture was flickering and flashing like a ghost had possessed it.
Get "home" and take the lamp out to look at it.
It was snowing, 20 degrees american, dark, and i thought the reason for the troubled tailight was the epoxy potting failure.  Since it was not a fun time to be fixing stuff.  Duct taped it together and planned to get in the garage next morning.

This is where we get to the pissed off part.
Turns out the obviously broken part was not the cause of the problem.

The cause of the problem was a section of replaced wiring harness that had been twisted together and e taped in previous repair.
A repair that was done at an ASE certified automotive service center by a professional.

I get it, these people are trained, experienced, and invested into a career field that emphasize quick turnaround times.
It shouldn't come at the cost of their integrity however.
75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #16343 on: January 11, 2020, 07:07:58 pm »

Or run an extension lead and battery charger down the hill......
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16344 on: January 11, 2020, 10:21:49 pm »

Or run an extension lead and battery charger down the hill......

Yep, carrying a battery up Spotty's driveway wouldn't work, you need to hands to break your fall........... ;D

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #16345 on: January 12, 2020, 01:07:34 am »
 I Just use my head .....to break the fall, no danger of hurting myself then
i blame Terry

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Old Timer
  • Indiana
« Reply #16346 on: January 14, 2020, 05:27:37 am »
Being lazy pisses me off. The other day I was replacing the heating elements in my electric water heater, I've done it before on another water heater and it was a breeze however I had the water supply shut off when I did it. (you probably know where this is going don't you) This time though it was cold outside and didn't feel like crawling under the house to shut the water off so I figured so long as I had the new heating element ready, I could swap elements with the water on. I mean how hard could it be? What could possibly go wrong? Eh quite a bit actually. I swear the moment I pulled the lower heating element out I had a gusher on my hands and at that very moment I realized my plan wasn't such a good idea after all. Any time I would try to get the new element to thread in, the water would just spray like putting your finger over the end of a garden hose just with a lot more intensity. That water pressure I thought wouldn't be an issue wouldn't allow me to get the new element close enough to start a thread so if it wasn't spraying water it was gushing. By this time I'm soaking wet but I dropped everything and headed out the door to shut the water off. At that moment my youngest son had just showed up and as he was coming in the house, I was hot footing it past him out the door with my son having a WTF look on his face as he sees me coming. Oh and I didn't grab a flashlight on my way out either but fortunately I had a general idea where the valve was under the house. With the water shut off, the new element threaded in easy but now I had a mess to clean up. The wet/dry shop vac picked up about 6 gallons and the rest with a mop so I figure a good 10 gallons or more got spit out. If there was anything good about it is that a lot of lime deposits that were setting at the bottom of the water heater tank got flushed out in the process and the room where the water heater is located isn't carpeted so clean up wasn't too bad. Once both upper and lower elements were installed I also put in new upper and lower thermostats and the water heater works like a charm now. I spent the rest of the day feeling like an idiot, not because I should've known better but because I DID know better but did it anyhow.

Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16347 on: January 14, 2020, 02:37:41 pm »
That sucks Scott, I can understand your hesitating to crawl under your house when it's snowing, I hate the cold, and even more so since I've lost 150 pounds of personal insulation.

My pissed-off-edness is centred (not self-centred) around smoke. The bushfires are still devastating the Australian landscape and this morning the smoke is particularly thick. Since I smashed my face in back in November I've pretty much lost my sense of smell so I can't smell it, but when I walked out this morning at 0730, instead of a beautiful summer sky, it looked like a foggy winter's morn.

My crappy Samsung phone's camera was having problems focusing on the sun, so I focussed instead on the orb spider, with the sun as background. I could just see it. We're expecting rain for the next few days which will (hopefully) put a damper on the fires, and clear the sky. The only good thing about it is I won't get sunburned out in my driveway while I'm working on my big Kawasaki Zed. (Zee in the US) ;D

Smokey Wednesday morning 15 Jan 2020 1 by Terry Prendergast, on Flickr   

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16348 on: January 21, 2020, 01:48:46 am »
I can't believe that I'm the only one who's been pissed off in almost a week? To be honest I'd almost forgotten this one, as I've been busy building my big Kawasaki Mad Max bike, and keeping an eye on the bushfires too, in case I needed to rescue my old Ma again, but they've had some good rain in the last 24 hours, so that's a good thing.

Anyway, my Subaru Liberty GT (Legacy GT in the US) is a great car, looks like a real sleeper but frightens me whenever I drive it. My youngest son drives it more than I do, which is fine, but he's had noting but bad luck with it. We bought this one to replace the '95 model twin turbo beastie that was written off when an Asian driving a loaner from the panel shop that was fixing his own car from a previous crash, crashed into my son and Wife, writing it off.

We'd only had this one a year when an 18 year old girl ran up his butt whilst texting on her phone, and now, some deash1t camel humper delivery truck driver reversed into the front of the car when it was parked at my son's boxing gym. The driver tried to pretend he hadn't damaged the car so just continued onto the delivery at the convenience store next door, but shat himself when 4 or 5 tough looking boxers converged on the convenience store and confronted him.

Luckily they had security camera footage of the truck reversing into the Subaru and pissing off, so I had no problems with Shannons Insurance accepting that it was all his fault, and the Subaru is off to be repaired tomorrow, slowly restoring the car, panel by panel. Of course said camel rapist didn't have a driving license (how do you get a job as a delivery driver without actually having a license?) and his address is probably false, but that's not my problem, I pay over $600 a month to insure my cars, bikes and house with Shannons, so that I don't have to deal with getting money out of turds like him, although I think my son and his fellow pugilists wouldn't have had any issues.

Useless cnuts who don't have drivers licenses, (or insurance) who crash into other people's cars then piss off quick, piss me off. ;D 

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #16349 on: January 21, 2020, 02:46:13 pm »
You're not alone in your anger, Terry.

Been pissed off all week.  Thinking of how neat it would have been to accomplished my goal and graduate mmi.

Instead I'm pissed off because nobody (but me) seems to have the resources to investigate the cyber stalking i endured while a student there.

75 CB550F Bloo
03 DS650/720 Bombardier
76/78 XS750 Oscar the Grouch
07 FJR1300; Lydia
05 YFZ450/470 Stroker (sold)
73 Norton Commando 850 Cafe
99 Roadstar Silverado (rebuild)
Certified Harley Davidson Tech