Author Topic: 1974 CB550E K0 Cafe / Brat Project  (Read 2087 times)

Offline JayCB550

1974 CB550E K0 Cafe / Brat Project
« on: September 14, 2012, 06:55:15 am »
Hi Guys

I Found Honda CB 550, I am excited as I have been looking for this bike for a long time. Perfect platform for a café racer.

This is what it looked like in the heydays

I found her in a rusty old shed, the owner says he put her into the shed and never took her out in five years. She has a lot of work but at least all the original Parts are there.

However, for now it is cleaning and stripping time.

I got her. (Sorry for the bad pictures left my Camera at home)

This is what I hope the end project could look like.

Thanks For reading , Comments and suggestions welcome
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:02:59 am by JayCB550 »

Offline JayCB550

Re: 1974 CB550E K0 Cafe / Brat Project
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 07:05:13 am »
Well Guys

I have been hard at work , finalys split the motor to becays i had no compression on the 2 cylinders,  when I split the motor i found that 2 valves where slightly bent. was also nice to see that the motor has never been opened.

So after a week of waiting for Honda sa to come back to me I sourced parts from the UK , its been 2 days and I got the notification that the parts are in south africa. awesome service. Dave Silver spares.

Took the Bike for a power wash

just letting her dry off before i start

Started on the hand sanding/cleaning and polishing of the motor, could years of rattle can black sticks like CR@%

all the valves out

the tank is pretty dented , no use tanking half measures took it down to bare metal.

After some body work, I will use the black for the second set of flatting to see for any minor dents I still need to work out. Does look tops flat black   O0

Just some more inspiration

CAFE BRAT :)