Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Help needed
« on: August 20, 2012, 03:14:41 pm »
To put it quite simple, I need to know of any good Honda parts suppliers that have a web site where I can dial in a parts number to find the parts that I need, are there any good businesses in the States that offer this service.
I know that web sites have been mentioned in the past but can't remember all the names, please help me out guys.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:46:26 pm »

Service Honda?  ???

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts.html

Western Hills?   ???

http://www.westernhillshondayamaha.com/fiche_select.asp

Is that what you're looking for Sam?
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:47:55 pm »

Oh,oh, oh....not specifically Honda dealers, but other parts suppliers?
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Online CycleRanger

• No comment about being an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas Shop Manual Advocate
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:31 pm »
Cmsnl? David Silver?  http://www.westernhonda.com/fiche_select.asp
I frequently just plug the part number into google.
Do you have a copy of the Honda Shop Manual or Parts List for your bike? Get one here:
https://www.honda4fun.com/materiale/documentazione-tecnica
CB750K5        '79 XL250s     CL350K3
CB750K3        '76 XS650      '76 CJ360T

Offline jweeks

• Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »
www.bikebandit.com has the microfiche for lookup. Don't know if they ship overseas.

J. Weeks

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 08:56:15 am »
Thanks guys, I'll let you know how I get on.
The parts I need are listed but I'm not sure if they are the right parts or just parts that will fit.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline H2Eric

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 11:14:04 am »
Hi Sam

I've found Joseph T. Marks in the USA to be very helpful with CB750 parts. Email jtmarks@hvc.rr.com. Proberbly does loads of other Honda stuff if his e-bay listing are anything to go by. Just email him the part numbers that you need and the model you want the parts for.

Cheers Eric
Honda CR750
Honda CB750K3
Kawasaki 750H2B
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB175
Honda CB350F
Yamaha R1

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,94588.0.html

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 09:26:02 am »
Well that idea fell flat on its face. >:(
I was talking to a guy who told me he had found some very hard to find parts on the DSS site by just dialing the part number into their search function.
I thought OK, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I entered the part number for a set of race kit rings for my CB95 and was gob smacked when I found that they had 2 sets in stock, a little pricey at £40 a set but these things are made of hens teeth glued together with rocking horse sh1t.
I phoned the next morning and they confirmed that they had them so I ordered both sets. 
I then started this thread to see if there were any pistons hanging around in the spares departments in the USA to go with the rings as Silvers didn't have any.
I wasn't to worried about not being able to get the pistons as I was going to get some made if need be.
The rings turned up today and they were just normal 50mm rings that you can buy anywhere and are 10 a penny. The part number was hand written on the box and when I phoned them, they said that these were the correct rings and the part number had been superceeded and they would fit. I said they would if I had the superceeded piston to go with them which you havn't got in stock. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
They have been posted back for a refund and I'm now on the look out for a 50mm oil ring of 2mm thickness....anybody? :(

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 11:50:54 am »
when I had trouble finding rings for the slipper piston on the xl250s a local reconditioning outfit looked up their computer and found the size needed are in a suzuki car. problem solved. worth a try
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »
Many years ago, I was given a "racing" piston by the guy next door, supposedly from his S90 TT racer. It was a tight squeeze into my C200 cylinder, so I fashioned a hone from a sliced tennis ball, with a 1/4" screw and washers for an arbor, and a strip of emery cloth. I managed to open up the jug enough for the piston to slide freely (barely) but also burned up my drill motor in the process. :(
I took the piston to the Honda shop to get rings. The parts counter man looked at it, and called the mechanic over. They both carefully examined it, checked the books, etc. I do recall the mechanic stating "Yup, it's a Honda piston, it's got Art's name on it." Then he handed it back to me and said "This piston doesn't exist". :o Then, as he turned and walked away, he muttered something about a 150 twin....

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:05:03 pm by scottly »
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline napoleonb

• Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:36:33 am »
The best site if you ask me is www.cmsnl.com there located in the beautifull country Holland but you can find every obscure bit you need.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 08:15:26 am »
Yes NAP, they claimed to have the same ring set but at 165 Euros :o :o :o :o :o

Sam. ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:52:30 am by SamCR750A »
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 08:18:44 am »
Many years ago, I was given a "racing" piston by the guy next door, supposedly from his S90 TT racer. It was a tight squeeze into my C200 cylinder, so I fashioned a hone from a sliced tennis ball, with a 1/4" screw and washers for an arbor, and a strip of emery cloth. I managed to open up the jug enough for the piston to slide freely (barely) but also burned up my drill motor in the process. :(
I took the piston to the Honda shop to get rings. The parts counter man looked at it, and called the mechanic over. They both carefully examined it, checked the books, etc. I do recall the mechanic stating "Yup, it's a Honda piston, it's got Art's name on it." Then he handed it back to me and said "This piston doesn't exist". :o Then, as he turned and walked away, he muttered something about a 150 twin....

That's right Scott, the 90s had bores from 48 to 50 depending on the model.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 08:24:00 am »
A nice gentleman named Keith phoned me at lunch time from DSS.
He offered me a full refund including the shipping.
I thanked him and told him about our forum and how happy people in the States were with the service they get from DSS.
He told me that things would be even better quite soon.
You heard it here folks ::)

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/stock/evening_sun_Hanover_article.pdf

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 07:01:45 pm »
Hey Sam, just saying those thin 50mm rings were scarce as rocking-horse poo in the late '60s. Still, I have to chuckle every time I think of that statement "this piston doesn't exist". ;D Worst case, could you have the piston ring-grooves widened to fit the available rings?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »
Total Seal piston rings or Hastings, both on this side. They've both been a big help for me.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)