Author Topic: My turn for look what I found! W/ pics  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Re: My turn for look what I found! W/ pics
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 06:08:13 pm »
You meet the nicest people on a Honda!
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 07:40:09 pm »
Damn you Don, damn you  ;)  No boring upper case for those sleeves either. When you get ready here are the Total Seal part numbers for rings: Top 203778, 2nd 201336, and 3 PIECE OIL RINGS 001549. I used the rings from the kit for top and 2nd but ordered the 3 piece oil rings. Damn, I need to quit interior house painting and sort the clutch out so I can report back to you how my HA 900 runs  ;D It does run good in the garage.

Damn you Don, damn you  :)
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 08:30:32 am »
If I were a collector I might get jealous over a sandacst find, but as a guy with a very limited budget and no garage, daily driver bikes interest me more than valuable collectables.

What makes me green with envy is your ability to find cheap, running ready to ride bikes like the 750F/GL1000 deal you and Bud found last year, which was basically buy one get one free.

My dad had this same gift when it came to cars.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 09:12:23 am »
Hey, they're just a couple old innocent looking SHARKS that prey on the unknowing innocent  ;D  Damn good guys too  :)
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 03:17:15 pm »
 We were lucky on that deal. And lucky again this week.
 The sandy is a nice survivor, needs correct handlebars and a right sidecover. The owner has health issues and can't finish it. I don't have the cash to pay what it's worth and don't have the heart to make a low offer. I do have to ask if he has a price in mind though.

Thanks Jerry, I'll write those numbers on the box somewhere.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2012, 03:53:26 pm »
Don -  if the sandy owner can't finish and the bike means something to him, he may find happiness and relief in it going to a good home (you) and give you a better deal than you expect.

A similar situation happened to me recently. The seller had a 550 for decades and still really loved that bike, but didn't ride or have time to restore. He was so happy to sell to me and offered me such a deal that I didn't even bother to negotiate! (rare)
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline chewbacca5000

• I polish covers!
  • Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 07:03:02 pm »
Hi Don,

I think you need to hook me up with with that 900 kit to persevere your sandcast karma my 72 is hungry for MORE POWER!  The 811 kit which is identical to this http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=62985.50 is just not enough for me.  Everything is ready to go head, cylinders, pistons, rings, head gasket, but no wrist pins.

Sometimes it's not about the money it's about heart.  Show the sandy's owner that this is not a quick flip and I bet you could work something out.  Better you than getting parted out on Ebay.

2 cents.

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 09:56:46 pm »
Damn, I need to quit interior house painting and sort the clutch out so I can report back to you how my HA 900 runs  ;D It does run good in the garage.
You need to get your priorities in order, Jerry. ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....