Author Topic: Swingarm bushing question  (Read 884 times)

Offline Lastlaugh

Swingarm bushing question
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »
Hey guys, getting bronze bushings and am not sure which to get. There are two types, one with a shoulder and one without. The frame is a 76' cb750 but the swingarm may have been swapped for an earlier one. The pivot bolt has the zerks on each end and I removed steel bushings without a shoulder. If I get the shouldered ones will they fit? Also, will I need a thrust washer and/or fibre washer?

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
Re: Swingarm bushing question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:17:59 am »
You should fit the same as what came out with the felt washer and plastic(?) thrusts
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!

Offline Lastlaugh

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 12:34:21 pm »
There were no washers at all when I disassembled it and the original zerks were gone. Just the dust sheilds. 

Offline CycleRanger

• No comment about being an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas Shop Manual Advocate
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:16:16 pm »
If you use the shouldered bushings you won't need the plastic "top hats" and felt dust seals, just the sealed dust caps.
The "top hats", felt dust seals, and dust caps are still available from Honda.
Do you have a copy of the Honda Shop Manual or Parts List for your bike? Get one here:
https://www.honda4fun.com/materiale/documentazione-tecnica
CB750K5        '79 XL250s     CL350K3
CB750K3        '76 XS650      '76 CJ360T