Author Topic: Question on RH switchgear and wiring diagram  (Read 776 times)

AtLarge

Question on RH switchgear and wiring diagram
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:46:57 am »
Spoiler alert!

This is on a SOHC single cylinder.   :o  I have been trying to find the answer to these questions and none of the other Honda sites I found have been much help so maybe somewhere here knows the answers.  Especially since so many of these parts are interchangable from model to model.  I read the write up in this forum too and though well done, it didn't quite cover this either.  The dots on the wiring diagram detail make absolutely no sense to me in determining this.

I took my brake side switchgear apart for a thorough cleaning and contact refreshing. I did not realize the sliding clips were different when I took it apart.  Now after re-assembly I'm not sure what is correct. There are 3 dimples on one and 4 dimples on the other.

I found this on the net but it doesn't seem right.

I have reversed them and the headlight Lo/Hi and indicator in the speedo still work as they should but I want it to be the same as it was from the factory.

First question:

Should the 3 dimple slider be on the 3 contact and the 4 dimple be on the 5 contact side?

Second question:

On the wiring diagram I circled three areas.  What are they trying to tell me here and why the short tracer and the dotted line if they don't actually connect to anything?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:39:10 pm by AtLarge »

Offline Xnavylfr

• Expert
  • Beers, Babes and bikes since 1965
Re: Question on RH switchgear and wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:30:43 am »
The way I read the diagram, the 4!!! arrows should be connected to the wire that they point away from.  The 2 wires above the sparkplug/coil is to power your coil and main system. The other 2 connections EXCITES/powers your alternator and sends recharge power to the battery!!!
According to this site HONDA MC all use the same color codes for their wirings.

http://www.satanicmechanic.org/wiringcodes.shtml

Xnavylfr(CHUCK)

Offline kirkn

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:27:42 am »
AFAIK, in that diagram, the wires with the arrows at ANY connector is the MALE for that connection.  The wire at any connection without the arrow is the FEMALE for that connection.  Note that on some of the connections, one FEMALE accomodates several MALES...   (groan...  :)  )

As far as why, on your diagram, there should be 4 "dead" connectors, I really couldn't say.  I've never seen such a thing on any wiring diagram I've ever seen.

Just my thoughts on it...

Kirk

Offline Xnavylfr

• Expert
  • Beers, Babes and bikes since 1965
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:13:23 am »
If you look at the COMPLETE diagram you will notice without the arrows connected to the nearest + wire , you WON'T have POWER to the units the FEMALE connector is attached to!!

Xnavylfr(CHUCK)