Author Topic: L.A.Cooper engineering,  (Read 8665 times)

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
L.A.Cooper engineering,
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:31:39 am »
See cast iron discs, Bad Service. section

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Re: L.A.Cooper engineering,
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:03:06 pm »
Give us a clue Tony,  ::)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:41:04 pm »
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline Colin Tweedie

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:53:28 pm »
Did you eventually get you money back , I thought about using them last year to port a K4 head .Glad I didn't

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 02:28:23 am »
If you keep watching bad sellers,you can keep up to date, i dont use the racing forum because its not race related, i know Sam would move it.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 03:39:10 am »
Sam would not move it Tony, it would help racers to know about people like this.
I doubt most people on here ever venture into the bad sellers section.
Name em and shame em.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 02:04:52 am »
Well its been over a month now, since i sent a claim, through the small claims court, to mr cooper at C.A.T. Engineering, he has decided not to reply, to me or the court, so today i have issued a warrant of execution, to the court, this means that the court will be sending in the bailiffs, this has cost me another £100 to issue, along with the £50 for the small claims court and the £90 for the original soliciters letter, but if i have to spend another £500.00 i will carry on exposing this company, a company that wants paying upfront to carry out work, and then doesent deliver the goods. will keep you posted.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:25:57 am »
Good on ya Tony, best of luck mate.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 04:31:32 am »
well done Tony, sometimes you just have to make a stand. It's not pleasant but when it's over and you have won it'll all be worthwhile...
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 06:44:47 am »
and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you may have helped others from going down the same route.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 07:53:28 am »
Latest news on Mr L A Cooper Engineering, well the bailiffs have been to his company, on 6 occasions and up to now, have had no joy on getting hold of him, he is obviously lying low, so i still have not received any money back off him. To -day i have sent all the details to the daily express, business section, to see if they can help. But you can rest assured i will not let this matter drop, Mr Cooper is cashing cheques, and not delivering the goods.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 11:17:17 am »
When they get cocky enough to think something so monetarily minor will not proceed to this point is when they need to be chopped down to size. I took on my attorney. As soon as the judge signed off on my divorce I filed a complaint with the state Supreme Court Attorney Regulator. He did a disappearing act during the divorce (which turned out fine). He is now suspended for 3 years. Not only did he disappear on me but there turned out to be at least 4 others. Shouldn't happen again. Principle! AND $$$.

Stay on him. Hoping there will also be a judgement for you pertaining to your time, troubles and expenses.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Jim F

• Need a bigger house for more toys
  • Master
  • go baby go
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 12:29:49 pm »
If anything you can put a lien on his business
and if it ever does have to be liquidated you will be in line to
receive your funds..................

Good luck
Jim
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
2002 998 Dukati (Customers Bike)
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 12:39:38 am »
At the very least his credit rating will take a nosedive. The credit agencies all take county court judgements into account, and financial institutions before lending or extending credit check with the credit agencies. Goodness the man could have saved himself all of this, and what seems odd is that he appears to have had the raw materials to fulfill your order ! Odd, but running away won't help. In fact, I've never known of a case where it did.

My €0.02 !
Kev

Offline neal

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:33:52 am »
You are being way too civil about this sad situation...Have you considered a bat to his knee caps?

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 07:38:47 am »
Oh yes many times, my problem is, as i have said before, being a full time carer for my 92 year old father, i cant get out for long enough to go and visit him, but if the worst comes, and he doesn't pay up, i have a couple of friends who are willing to go and see him, and as you say, EXPLAIN the position.

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 12:27:04 pm »
Can you charge interest on the outstanding amount Tony? It used to be the case that once you got over I think £1000 owing, you could apply to the courts for a winding up order and put him out of business...might be worth looking into?
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 03:05:04 am »
Received a letter this morning, from Northampton County Court, reads, The bailiff has visited the debtor's address and spoken with the debtor who refused to allow the bailiff peaceful entry. The bailiff manager has also visited the address and met with similar response. The debtor is entitled to refuse the bailiff entry to domestic premises and in the circumstances, the bailiff has not had an opportunity to establish whether the debtor has goods on which a levy can be made .         This is what the British legal system is all about. You do everything by the book, pay all the fees to have the job done, all within the law, and this is how the establishment treat you, what a load of W..........kers. Think it's time now to get the job done my way. will keep you posted.

Online MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 09:29:12 am »
What the hell happened to this guy??? Sounds like he was legitimate for quite a while. ???
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:26 am »
Sounds like it's time for a "big boys day out" Tony! Not good, he must have really lost his marbles...
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 06:36:38 am »
Hi all once again, i have another meeting with my solicitor on the 14 march, can anyone give me the home address of Mr Len Cooper, of L A Cooper Engineering, Crowthorne, Berkshire. if so can you PM me, thanks. Tony

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 01:28:31 pm »
Looks like all roads lead to the Glendale works to me Tony but there is an entry for LA Cooper not far away in Tilehurst, Reading, Berks, RG30 which looks like it could be him. You'd have to join 192.com to get the address (just a case of registering) and if you have to pay for a search I think it's about £2. If that fails you can search electroal records via www.itraceuk.co.uk but that's charged and is about £7 for 20 searches I think...

After that, it's probably a case of private investigator and follow him home!! :-\
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline freedomgli

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 09:46:15 am »
What a shame.  They were on my list of bookmarks but now I'll have to cross them off my list.  It amazes me how in today's day and age some people can be so brazen.  Classic racing is such a small community and word travels fast.  Why would someone destroy their reputation and risk putting themselves out of business so handily?

http://www.cateng.co.uk/racing.html

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 09:28:51 am »
latest news is, Mr Len Cooper, is using his business as a domestic address, therefore the bailiffs can't break in to seize goods, as it's against the law.

Online MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 09:37:03 am »
latest news is, Mr Len Cooper, is using his business as a domestic address, therefore the bailiffs can't break in to seize goods, as it's against the law.
So....theoretically he could be sitting on thousands and thousand of dollars worth of goods people have paid for and the police can do nothing?? What are you supposed to do....get him on wire fraud or something?? You have to wonder....was he aware of this law and did he plan it to go the way it has?
 If he was holding goods paid for by a member of Parliament you can bet your a$$ they would quickly find a way to be in there.

Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"