Author Topic: BOLT ON CARB ADPATERS FOR 750CC  (Read 2030 times)

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
BOLT ON CARB ADPATERS FOR 750CC
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:03:11 am »
SOHC/4 Bike owners :  A few years back on a E-BAY ad they had 4 aluminum bolt on adapters for a CB750cc that turned the boot openings out to straight back and not at a angle. I missed the bid ,but would like to find some to have made up at a foundry.  You put a sealer on the stock necks and screwed the adapters on with allens around the collar, then put on straight boots for other nonstick cabs. Wonder why CYCLE-X never found these to sell on there site. If I cannot find these, I will take a head with stock necks cut at a angle and new tubes welded onto the stock necks to come straight out of head = for straight boots hook ups.  This welder is a artist of metals, making many odd parts for racers.  Any lead to find these adapters will be greatly thanked for in advance.....................

POPS BK911

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Re: BOLT ON CARB ADPATERS FOR 750CC
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:37:21 am »
The new head that CycleX had done recently looks exactly like the modification you describe Pops. Its like what we do with the GS heads. Paul Gast does them along with C&W and a few others. My GPZ head was done the way  Lazer Porting. In my opinion, for a bracket Honda, its just not worth the money when you can buy carbs from CycleX already reraked to fit directly to the Honda carb spacing.

I've never seen the spigot adapters you mentioned on Ebay. Post up if you find them so we can all check them out.

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:41:37 am »
Should not be hard to make.
Better sorry for failing then for the lack of trying.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 11:20:11 am »
Pops,

You really should have gone to Valdosta even if you had to hitch to ATL and catch a ride with us from there. The CycleX head Frank is referring to is quite amazing. Straight shot back for BIG carbs and probably the largest valves you'll ever see in a 750 head! I'm not telling sizes on Kenny's TOP SECRET 8 second head! (but I do know  ;) )
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 12:41:33 pm »
JERRY: I'm going to DAYTONA for the RICHARD PETTY PRO DRIVING School [ 50 laps ] first part of 2013 so my driving South for racing will be to that event at a cost of cost $2500.
Cost for me to drive to Valdosta $452 gas money , and  $100 to race buy backs to the second round [ have a home to stay at 23 miles from track ]  cannot compare to crawling thru the window of a K&N RACE CAR  ON 2.5 MILE " TURNING LEFT " at `165+ mph.

POPS BK911

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 02:52:45 pm »
Pops, you just reminded me that i won a spot in George Byrces pro stock motorcycle school a few years ago and i never used my entry. I sure hope Jackie will honor it- i might try getting into the first school in 2013.

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:44 pm »
RACERS :  Trying to get intake spigots out of head ,soaked in BLASTER PB PENETRATING CATALYST every day for 3 days,used 36mm socket, 1/2" breaker bar with a long handle = would not budge. Might try my air impact but afraid I might snap the necks off.  Got a electric impact 1/2" might try that first. Will use heat gun at last resort on this rebuilt,ported,polished ,lapped, and new valve seals 750a head. Got any better ideals?
POPS BK911

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 05:24:29 pm »
RACERS :  Trying to get intake spigots out of head ,soaked in BLASTER PB PENETRATING CATALYST every day for 3 days,used 36mm socket, 1/2" breaker bar with a long handle = would not budge. Might try my air impact but afraid I might snap the necks off.  Got a electric impact 1/2" might try that first. Will use heat gun at last resort on this rebuilt,ported,polished ,lapped, and new valve seals 750a head. Got any better ideals?
POPS BK911
Forget the heat gun and use MAPP or a big propane flame. You should do a valve job after applying the heat. Actually you should do a modern VJ to any of these heads ( as a matter of course) as the factory one isn't close to performance oriented.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 08:42:56 pm »
 If they do break off, bore them out, machine new ones, then weld around them.
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 04:36:57 am »
THANKS: For the info. I will use the rubber F's until I find those bolt on adapters I saw on e-bay.  Head is already done and I will leave it as is for now. I wonder how much the bends take away from a straight shot into the port like my ol KZ ZIR ??  Not that hard to get bigger CV carbs into F boots on a 750A  after a few lube [ w/STP ], push,shove and damm their in fire her up.......

POPS BK911

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:30 am »
Old guys rule!
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)