Author Topic: Another Old 750 Drag Bike Surfaces in Houston  (Read 1520 times)

Offline george

• Back To My Roots !
  • Hot Shot
  • K8 The Project
Another Old 750 Drag Bike Surfaces in Houston
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:29:47 am »
Someone put alot of effort into this thing,started out as a 76 Fmodel, the welds on the swingarm extension are top notch,for some reason he added 2 struts per side, looks like an 82-84 Nighthawk front end which looks great actually except for bent tubes, unknown rear wheel, the rear tire is only a 130/90, KZ tail piece . BUT, it got smacked super hard and probably ran over ! The Kerker is smashed flat , it broke the cases at the ignition area very badly. The good part and sorta weird is that the carbs are nearly spotless on the inside and it's got #140 mains in them ! The engine kicks over great,very strong compression, will know more when we look inside ! There is no reinforcement on the valve cover(which is also smashed and cracked) like what was common on big bore jobs. The big jets leave me to believe its not a stock engine . We will pull it out soon to see exactly what's there!
My buddy , Old Ned , picked it up for cheap, $175.00 , I believe , hope it will be worth that !
Found this bike in completely stock condition in Feb. 08. Paid over twice what my new one cost 30 years ago. Am trying to re-create the look of the late 70's Drag Bike styling.More later. 4-2-10 It ain't stock any more and I have no idea what I am trying to create !

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
Re: Another Old 750 Drag Bike Surfaces in Houston
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 04:09:56 am »
I got the drag bike carbs you need = RC CB750F racing carbs with big thick ALUM. stacks that came from a TEXAS drag racer of long ago = gave to me for work done on his 1000cc SUZUKI drag bike that no one could get to run right, and it was less than one year old. LOOK under race parts for sale.

POPS BK911

Offline Elan

• Expert
    • Vital Motor Parts
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 04:41:31 am »
Nice! How's the frame? You gonna try to build it back up like it was or a different direction?
Oil Pump Kits are Available on eBay!See my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/Vital-Motor-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

k6 build   http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=79833.0

76 750k

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 06:33:57 am »
George, the only good thing about this bike is the price, good luck with the resto mate.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike