Author Topic: cb750 performance parts??  (Read 3683 times)

Offline DarcyB

cb750 performance parts??
« on: December 10, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »
Hi y'all I have a 1978 cb750k that I bought last spring. I'm planning on doing a complete teardown and rebuild on the bike this winter hopefully starting next weekend, I have it at a friends for storage right now  but they're out of town and get back within the next few days (fingers crossed). when i rebuild it I want to build it a bit more performance orientated (street race performance) without boring out the cylinders if i can, thats dependant on the condition of the internals.

My understanding of what i've read on the forum is porting the head helps quite a bit so that will definately be on the to do list along with a new camshaft. Apart from those two items i have no clue what else to do to increase the power of the bike and that is wherein my question lies.

What modifications can i do to increase perfomance? and what is a good camshaft to choose for the street race style of performance i would be looking for? I believe i read on the forum as well that the carbs may be a good item to replace for better performance as well, if so what are good performance carbs?

i want to keep it as the stock engine bore, and have no turbo. Right now my bike has the pamco ignition, cheap pod filters, the main jets are 118, and needle jets are (clips on 2nd ring from bottom). Thanks again in advanve for the help, I've learned a lot from everyones posts on this forum already with just getting my bike ridable :)

My build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=116471.0

"I believe every human has a finite amount of heartbeats, I don't intend to waste any of mine." -Neil Armstrong

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
Re: cb750 performance parts??
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:32:29 pm »
Hi y'all I have a 1978 cb750k that I bought last spring. I'm planning on doing a complete teardown and rebuild on the bike this winter hopefully starting next weekend, I have it at a friends for storage right now  but they're out of town and get back within the next few days (fingers crossed). when i rebuild it I want to build it a bit more performance orientated (street race performance) without boring out the cylinders if i can, thats dependant on the condition of the internals.

My understanding of what i've read on the forum is porting the head helps quite a bit so that will definately be on the to do list along with a new camshaft. Apart from those two items i have no clue what else to do to increase the power of the bike and that is wherein my question lies.

What modifications can i do to increase perfomance? and what is a good camshaft to choose for the street race style of performance i would be looking for? I believe i read on the forum as well that the carbs may be a good item to replace for better performance as well, if so what are good performance carbs?

i want to keep it as the stock engine bore, and have no turbo. Right now my bike has the pamco ignition, cheap pod filters, the main jets are 118, and needle jets are (clips on 2nd ring from bottom). Thanks again in advanve for the help, I've learned a lot from everyones posts on this forum already with just getting my bike ridable :)

If you are interested I have two new performance cams for a 750.  A Webcam and an Andrews. You can PM me for more info and photos if you have any interest...Larry

Offline DarcyB

Re: cb750 performance parts??
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »
PM sent
My build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=116471.0

"I believe every human has a finite amount of heartbeats, I don't intend to waste any of mine." -Neil Armstrong