Author Topic: donington park  (Read 927 times)

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
donington park
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:02:27 am »
Hi, just been reading a article in my local paper, donington park are holding a 3 day classic bike meeting next august, on the 9th 10th and 11th, its going to be based on 60s and70s grand prix machines. they say that gileria, moto guzzi, etc will be there, also bike auction, and display tent for bikes, this years event was good, with lots of good racing, one bike, that i didnt even know existed, was on show, and also did a few laps, was a 250cc 4cylinder, 4 stroke yamaha, i have just ordered my tickets for the sunday, maybe if there is enough interest we could make a bit of a club meet, what do you think?

Offline tony sawyer

Re: donington park
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:38:20 am »
might be the same time as crmc weekend the club has shared  the donnington weekend before

Offline cobra

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:27:29 am »
yes it is a crmc weekend.

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:33:16 am »
it was pretty good this year , yamaha had loads of there gp bikes on display [ old and new  ] plus chris wilson brought his ex rossi ducati , his ex sheene suzuki etc . the crmc racing was well worth a watch as well.

Offline Chris Tyler

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:41:13 am »
Hi
If you can get enough members togeather, contact John Davison about setting up a display. Both the Norton Owners Club & the vintage Japanese owners club support the CRMCC & do a display & do the lunchtime parade. Now thats a circuit worth riding around! We only charge £10 a head at the NOC &  last season it was free. Please note it is roadbikes only & you have marshals front & rear.
Brilliant weekends racing. The 4 cylinder 2 stroke Yam had a fantastic pipe on it!!! I could not believe it was only a 250 & had a real timber to it not a peaky 2 stroke noise at all.

Chris