Author Topic: dash cams  (Read 68419 times)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
Re: dash cams
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:02 pm »
hey not only traffic stuff flybox but here i was,pulled up kerb side to check out a lane way access, i walked about ten feet away from the truck and this creepy druggo sort of ambled past me on the sidewalk,,i didnt like hes looks so i turned around just as he had hes arm raised and about to open the passenger door of my truck,,he didnt actually touch it because i think either he thought better of it or read my mind?i marched straight around to the drivers side where he had dissapeared to and i reached for the steel bar from its scabbard thats used for the ratchet strap,he then sort of pretended to cross the street but the new stupid light rail train set construction safety fence stopped him,,so he acts cool and on hes way,for a better opportunistic grab and bolt next time?dodgy #$%*!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:40:19 am by dave500 »

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 04:00:34 am »
ill add clips from time to time if i think they might be of interest,,heres another "temporary australian"today i was instructing a new guy,,hes a bit nervous as hes never driven a truck yet,this is the end of a pretty long day for us and we have two heavy bins on board,we approach the roundabout and i naturally look left,,im not driving so the mirrors are out of my view,,we hear the bike,,then we see it,,then we dont see it no more,i think it came from behind,my offsider didnt see it coming,check the long shadow our truck is casting,on coming drivers have sun in their eyes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:02:46 am by dave500 »

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 04:09:15 am »
And the moron of the week award goes to.... :o
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 06:33:13 am »
He was in the bike (bicycle) lane for a bit...
Nice and quiet that bike was, he would be ticketed for noise ordinance violation in many cities here.
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline wardenerd

• Expert
  • '77 550F '81 650C
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 06:53:54 am »
Did Canadians drive on the left back then?

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 06:25:21 pm »
That's the problem with sportsbikes, you can only enjoy them at illegal speeds. Of course, I can understand why he didn't want to travel behind a garbage truck, those things are poo tinky! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2013, 12:50:43 am »
wheres a cop when you need one?this ute is riding my arse along a single lane road,then it splits into two at a bend just before traffic lights that turn red,he passes me as soon as he can squeeze past through the red light,,have a look what pulls up at the other side going in the opposite direction,two highway patrol cars,he was lucky they were in a hurry to the donut joint,he has a blown right hand brake light aswell,thats slack man!!real #$%*ing slack.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2013, 01:25:37 am »
Yep, tradies would have to be the most aggressive drivers down here Dave, on my way home from the doctors tonight I passed some builders who were doing an extension, anyway, one of them wasn't even in his ute when I went past, but a minute later he sped past me at around 100 KPH in a 70 zone, flicking his cigarette out the window as he went past. I'd reckon that most of the crashes I see on my 1000 km per week commute involve tradies. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline nevernoluck

• Enthusiast
  • Nope I don't have a clue
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2013, 12:16:56 pm »
For anyone else wanting a dash cam, run hams sportinggoods sells them too

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2013, 12:53:23 am »
i see some funny #$%*,this was in south port today,i just checked out where the customer wanted the bin set down at an apartment building and capt jack sparrow was on hes way out to the black pearl?WTF?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2013, 01:12:41 am »
Ha ha, I just spat Makers and Coke all over the keyboard! (it's OK, I licked it up before it did any damage......) ;D

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 03:42:05 am »
just out of interest this is the cheap little toy,it does well for cheap,the display i run in the closed position,its more stealth that way,that blue slit at the rear is the sd card,thats a 32 gig,itll support a 64 gig,,some only go to 32 though,the 32 overwrites in around just over four hours,i have two cards and swap them over if something interesting happens,like jack sparrow,it has an internal LI ion battery that goes about two hours,i have it on the cigarette socket all day which charges it also,when its on the socket it turns on and off with the ignition,you have to manually switch on/off when on the battery power,they come with no sd card,that was about the same price as the camera!about 120 bucks all up.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2013, 01:09:38 am »
havent tried it out yet,this is my dash cam i use in the truck,its a bit fragile and not really sealed for outside usage,i bought a second one today,clearance at office works for 60 bucks,,i think they work fine for the price with a few good features,like motion detect and auto record with ignition on,id like to mount it under the headlight on a gimble,where it is the screen cant be opened without removing the bikes side reflector.

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
  • www.facebook.com/RetroMecanicaAustralia
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2013, 01:27:50 am »
Lol looks good.

Now you can record me
Stranger in a strange land

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2013, 02:11:06 am »
see you tomorrow?that lame mount only took about ten minutes to make,later ill rig up a cigar socket so itll run all day,those internal batteries run an unreliable two hours,i want to see how shaky it might be before i set it up good.

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 03:37:53 am »
Entertaining footage on the clips you have shared with us Dave. The $60 price is much more attractive... Now you need to find a waterproof dive box to put the camera in so you do not need to be worried about weather. Or build a box of plexi and watertite pushbuttons for any controls you might need to push.
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2013, 10:12:33 pm »
well the dash cam works ok untill i start the motor,must be putting out r/f that swamps the sound,it also made the video go wavy,still i managed to capture a little fun today with tim and jason,,heres why i like pirreli sport demons,its rained here yesterday but a nice day today with mostly dry clean roads,take a look at the one minute mark as i come across water over the road on a bend,i sort of held my speed but tried to go as vertical as i could over it,i dont trust any tyre on wet pavement though!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2013, 12:48:32 am »
Yep, those Pirelli Sport Demons are very impressive Dave, I did ride thru a lot of big puddles on my Bavarian Murder Weapon with my new Pirelli's fitted with no issues when I rode the windy road to Kinglake 3 weeks ago, but that didn't stop me from taking a deep breath every time I hit one.

I fitted my Aldi "Action Cam" that I've had, but not used for 3 or 4 years to my 'Wang today, but it's not very impressive as it is hard to operate with gloves and doesn't have a view finder screen like yours, so you have to guess where the lens is pointed. On top of that, my SD card crapped out, so I'm gonna buy another camera so I can record my two wheeled adventures! Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2013, 01:36:38 am »
ive run a few bt45s and the front would always squeal under hard cornering,they never let go or felt funny,always wore with a scallop though,i think the demons are just an edge better and steer faster on these bikes at least, but dont last as long,im lucky to get two years out of tyres what ever i use,and i dont believe in "good in the wet"you hit some wet slime through a corner and you might as well be riding on the bare rims.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2013, 01:59:56 am »
I need to get out on my bike again soon, I fired it up yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 months :-\.  Since we bought our own house we haven't stopped, between fencing, tiling and general cleaning up the property then work during the week.  Now I'm only just over 2 k's from work so it isn't even worth my while firing up the bike to go to work.  I run Michelin Pilot Activs on my 650, and I can lean it right to the edges of the tyres, and they're good in the wet, though I don't push it in the wet.  The factory rear sets give heaps of ground clearance compared to the earlier bikes ;D.
1979 CB650Z

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2013, 02:12:16 am »
get your arse down here trueblue,ill show you some nice tricky rides.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:40 am »
Might have to trailer the bike down there one weekend Dave, there aint no way in hell that I'm riding through Brisbane, that place is damn near suicide in a car let alone on the bike. 
1979 CB650Z

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2013, 02:54:14 am »
your not wrong,i always decline offers to go with a group and ride say mount glorious or whatever,we have so much good riding right in my back yard man!bit of bad news,,today a group of blokes,stu on the suzy450 and christo with the cb550cafe we know went with some others north through brisbane to mount glorious,one of the guys we met this morning on a new ktm990 locked the rear wheel around a left and slid into and over a car!,,he should be ok but word is he wasnt even going hard,just a slippery steep dowhill road.

Offline trueblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2013, 03:15:17 am »
#$%*, that's not good mate.  It's not good hearing that someone had a stack.  Never been to Mt Glorious, a mate of mine has tried to convince me to go down there a couple of times, he has a GL1200, a little more made for spending all day on than my 650.  My back can't handle more than a couple of hours at a time now :-\.
1979 CB650Z

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2013, 03:16:13 am »
You two are poofs if you think riding in Brissie is tough, try Melbourne or Sydney! When I lived in Ferny Hills I rode my Kawasaki 750 I'd just restored up to Mount Glorious and Mount Nebo. Back then, ('89/90) there were no cops, just lots of fun.

Anyway, I was up on top of Mount Glorious, and it started to piss down rain, (then it fcuking hailed) so I pulled under a tree to wait it out. A nice couple came along and invited me to sit in their car with them, and even loaned me their mobile phone so I could ring the wife and let her know I was OK.

Once the rain stopped, I got out of the car and tried to start the bike, but the starter solanoid had schidt itself, so the guy push started me down the mountain. the new tyre on the back (Pirelli Phantom) was still greasy, and every time I let out the clutch (in second gear) the back wheel would lock up and it'd slide left or right, it was fcuking scary, I almost slid into an oncoming 4WD.

I eventually put it in third, and it fired right up. I decided that I didn't like that bike, so I took it to Phil Beaumonts and traded it on a Ducati 900SS, which was a lot worse. Oh well...... ;D