Author Topic: 69-76 sidecovers  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Quail "Owner of the comfortable k8"

• Expert
  • Now thats good eaten!!
69-76 sidecovers
« on: May 15, 2005, 08:56:34 am »
Why do those side covers have air vents in them but my 78 does not?
These wonderful little birds are great flyers, delicious eating, excellent for training your hunting dog, and just fun to shoot,or stuff and keep around the house.  Bobwhites can be put with other types of Quail and have very large penis's.  Quail are very popular with the babes.

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
Re: 69-76 sidecovers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 09:17:53 am »
they go slower than the 1978 ;D
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
  • "Damn! These HM300 Pipes Are Expensive!!!"
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 05:57:03 pm »
According to my Honda guide, the sidecovers were changed on the K1 model to "...a more slender, sportier look and alluring emblems were added." I'm not so sure about the alluring part... Maybe something was lost in the translation.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles; it makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 08:55:38 pm »
The original K0 sidecovers were big 'orrible boxy looking things, and the later 1971 - 76 sidecovers were FAR MORE ALLURING, in fact, SEXY, I believe, ha ha! All joking aside, I think the later ones were easier on the eye, the originals looked like they were designed by Volvo. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 05:00:07 am »
It was the emblems that they said were alluring, but personally I like the first design. Something about the louvered "intakes" behind the airbox gave it a mean look, similar to a ram-air scoop on a sports car. ;D

Ah, well.... to each their own!
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles; it makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen

Offline Quail "Owner of the comfortable k8"

• Expert
  • Now thats good eaten!!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 07:11:31 am »
did the venting add to an increase in cooling something?
These wonderful little birds are great flyers, delicious eating, excellent for training your hunting dog, and just fun to shoot,or stuff and keep around the house.  Bobwhites can be put with other types of Quail and have very large penis's.  Quail are very popular with the babes.

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 08:04:23 am »
i like the looks of the k1`s better myself.
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 10:31:58 am »
did the venting add to an increase in cooling something?

I think they were like the air scoops on the fenders of the original Corvette. They started out with a defined purpose, but ended up being kept on the basis that they looked cool, even thought they ended up serving no technical purpose.

Bobby

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 11:43:34 am »
Quail, the '77-'78 CB750 oil tank does not have the sexy exposed "chrome" dipstiick or the "odd shape" of the '69-'76's.  It has the plastic dip and rests a little neater inside the frame rails.  Check the pics.  I put a '75 oil-tank on my '78, but that was for the Tracy Body.

-Bobby