Author Topic: Lubing the Gorilla grip and carb cleaning  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Randy

• Hot Shot
  • Nothing like a banging four under my legs..
    • Mission Detail
Lubing the Gorilla grip and carb cleaning
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:45:20 pm »
Hey dudes and duettes.. My CB 500K has been sitting for about 3 months... To cold and rainy to take out... So I decided to buy and new  tire an start her up to ride.. I road down and had my rear tire replaced..The throttle was hard to turn.. I mean I have some big for arms, and it was like getting a work out... So today I took care of the problem.. First I cleaned the bike... I used Eagle One mag cleaner in the chrome... It is a light Acid.. I sprayed the carbs and brushed them.. Washing them off in a few seconds.. they cleaned right up..The throttle was binding at the handle bar.. So I released the cable from the carbs and took the handle off... I cleaned and lubed the handle bars and white insert were the cables attach with a light axle crease... I but all back together making sure the philips head screws were evenly tightend.. attached the cable at the carbs and got some 3 in 1 oil... I dropped some in all the moving parts of the carbs.. All the bushings and slide arms and stock spring ends...WOW what a difference... she is smooth now... I had a blast riding today...
1973 CB500k, 1972 CB750 (New Arrival), 1978 Vespa P200 (New Arrival)

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
Re: Lubing the Gorilla grip and carb cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
Very few people pay attention to old dried grease and dirt build up under that plastic tube. Good work!!
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline bartsitarski

Re: Lubing the Gorilla grip and carb cleaning
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »
Nice work. Need to do the same with mine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.