Author Topic: STARTER PROBLEM  (Read 1019 times)

666BIGTRASH

STARTER PROBLEM
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:44:48 pm »
 I RECENTLY REPLACED MY STATOR IN MY 77 CB750. AFTER PUTTING THE COVER BACK ON WICH I HAVE HAD OFF MANY TIMES FOR ROTOR,COIL, AND SUCH I WAS TRYING TO START MY BIKE UP (IT HAS BEEN SITTING FOR 5 MONTHS) SO NEEDLES TO SAY IT WAS TAKING A BIT. BUT AFTER A FEW TRIES IT STOPPED CRANKING THE MOTOR AND STARTED MAKING A LOUD BUZZING NOISE. IM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA WHAT CAUSES THAT BEFORE I GO BACK INTO THE CASE..  HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICATED.....

Offline Rigid

• She likes a
  • Expert
  • Speak from personal experience, or don't
    • KingCustomCycles
Re: STARTER PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:58:48 pm »
PLEASE STOP YELLING....lol, sounds like a starter clutch slipping or you pinched the main wire to the starter grounding it.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:00:36 pm by Rigid »
36 years of this stuff, here to help.

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:07:37 pm »
Solenoid stuck?

Sent from my GT-S5363 using Tapatalk 2

'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Draw and drawer. Could care less/couldn't care less. Bought/brought FFS.

Les Ross.            Certified by a Professional

666BIGTRASH

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 03:10:04 pm »
thanks

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:02:38 pm »
Slow down for a minute. Why did you replace the stator, rotor, and field coil in the first place? Were you having a charging issue? The "buzzing" noise may be from the starter solenoid, due to a run-down battery.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

666BIGTRASH

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 08:10:24 pm »
I was having charging issues and i threw in a new battery stator rotor and rectifiers and rewired the bike and getting all those parts on (one at a time) the wiring was the last which is stupid on my part. But the noise hadent happened until i did the wiring and was testing to see if it had fixed the problem. Could i have #$%*ed up there?

Offline 74750k4

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »
rewired the bike...   hmmm...

Offline XLerate

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:40:11 pm »
The fundamental and most Basic Rule: Always make One Change at a Time, test results, then proceed with next change.

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 08:57:35 pm »
I was having charging issues and i threw in a new battery stator rotor and rectifiers and rewired the bike and getting all those parts on (one at a time) the wiring was the last which is stupid on my part. But the noise hadent happened until i did the wiring and was testing to see if it had fixed the problem. Could i have #$%*ed up there?
Well, it's hard to say just where you #$%*ed up. ;) Normally, rotors NEVER go bad, except on 650s. Stators and field coils rarely fail, and when they do, it's usually in the wire connections, and easily fixable.
Try charging your battery, and see if the buzzing goes away.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

666BIGTRASH

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:38:12 am »
Thanks ill give it a try.