Author Topic: Header to Silencer gasket on CB550F - suggested replacement material?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Tim.

• Master
  • www.DOTHETON.com
    • DO THE TON
Last year when I checked, part number 18391-390-000 was discontinued.  It is a 'gasket' that seals between the 4 into 1 header and the silencer on the CB550F.

Mine is long gone, and who knows what is there now - some ugly wrapping of some sort not doing the job.  Anyone have suggestions on what to use in place of the original Honda part?

Service Honda has it as discontinued as well unfortunately, so any thoughts would be welcomed.
Roule comme dans les annĂ©es 70...   Roll as in the Seventies...

Offline neckyzips

• Enthusiast
hmm,
i think it is just a mesh ring, aprox 2 inches by 1/8 th inch, by what ever diamater. so you could either check shops for one off a newer bike, or use like med weight seel wool?

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
Go to a car store and get one or more of those bandages for temporary repair of silencers (mufflers to you) then just wrap round till its thick enough. Yamahas used a lot of the same type so try there also try two or more of the ones on the CB250 wet dream or CX500 and carefully cut and piece.
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!