Author Topic: Paging Mr Jon Weeks.  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Paging Mr Jon Weeks.
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:57:05 pm »
Jon boy, check this out for a good bit of dialing.
My good mate Walter Sprout, normally in Pro Street went dial in racing with a 6.98 dial.
Right hand lane at 4 minutes 38 seconds on the video. (lilac and black leathers)

http://youtu.be/POhr_CIetNE

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline jweeks

• Hot Shot
Re: Paging Mr Jon Weeks.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »
     I went to an import event a few years ago at a local quarter mile track. It was a damp day in September, so they limited it to time trials to the 1/8th mile. I was there due to a young friend who was into the import scene. We sat in the stands and watched the time trials. A PR team was running a turbo 4 cylinder Toyota Starlet, similar to the white one in the video that went upside down. The father decided that it was time for the middle son to learn how to drive the car. We watched the two attempts to do a good burnout. I commented to my friend and others in my section of seats that I was concerned for the Civic driver in the other lane from the Toyota. Sure enough, the kid lost control, crossed over the centerline in front of the Civic, and crashed into the Jersey barrier, grinding to a stop against the wall. Every person in the section was looking at me, wondering how I had predicted the crash. The point is that the short wheelbase, high horsepower cars take a lot of skill to drive properly. Several racers have died including John Lingenfelter, driving turbo powered high horsepower 4 cylinder cars. They make me nervous just watching.
     Sam, the next time you come up against a bracket bike that dials in the 6's, just treat it as another time trial. Just don't bother looking for the 200+ mph opponent around the finish line. He'll be along if everything runs right.  ;)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »
Sad Jon, I didn't watch all the video as I knew where Walts pass was on it.
I've just spoken to him. On that pass he only cut an .080 RT and went out next round with a -001 red. damn. ;D He should stick to heads up racing. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam, off to bed. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:42 pm »
          Sam, the next time you come up against a bracket bike that dials in the 6's, just treat it as another time trial. Just don't bother looking for the 200+ mph opponent around the finish line. He'll be along if everything runs right.  ;)

Yeap, its a time run for the faster bike too. I block out the bike in the other lane and just wait for my light to drop. At least thats the way i always look at it when i'm doing the chasing

Offline jweeks

• Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 05:48:31 am »
Cutting an .080 reaction and running right on your dial should be a losing run in bracket racing. To go rounds even in Street ET, you need better than .08 second packages (combination of how much over your dial-in and reaction times, for those who don't bracket race) Both Bill and Sam have run a better package occasionally on a well explained Hondamatic. Consistency is what separates the good racers from the rest.
     Trying to judge the finish line with the opponent going over 90 mph faster than you is near impossible without a lot of practice. That's why it's best to ignore the opponent and to trust your dial-in. If the dial is honest, let the chaser worry about catching you. Game playing at the finish line usually doesn't work against honest dials with good reaction times. Beating poor reaction times can be done many ways. The best way is to just cut a good light and trust your dial-in. ;)

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »
Simple concept - you ain't racing anyone other than yourself!
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »
Cutting an .080 reaction and running right on your dial should be a losing run in bracket racing. To go rounds even in Street ET, you need better than .08 second packages (combination of how much over your dial-in and reaction times, for those who don't bracket race) Both Bill and Sam have run a better package occasionally on a well explained Hondamatic. Consistency is what separates the good racers from the rest.
     Trying to judge the finish line with the opponent going over 90 mph faster than you is near impossible without a lot of practice. That's why it's best to ignore the opponent and to trust your dial-in. If the dial is honest, let the chaser worry about catching you. Game playing at the finish line usually doesn't work against honest dials with good reaction times. Beating poor reaction times can be done many ways. The best way is to just cut a good light and trust your dial-in. ;)

All good points. I totally agree. Sandbagging has never worked for me. Dial it what it runs and never look til just before the stripe.

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 05:47:08 am »
Mr. Weeks : If you race at my home track in Ohio and 17 bikes are in ST.ET  and the let first round loser buy back for $10 then in that long day of 1320' drag racing you might have some 5.08 lights, now if they make you all run in one class [ ET and SUPER PRO ] say 30 bikes with a buy back in first round and you on a street bike running BRUCE BIKES with boxes, bars, sliders,two steps and many x- National Champions [ we have 2 #1 NHRA DRAG BIKE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ]  that race at our track with many years in the game, and if you do not know what a BRUCE BIKE is then IDBA, AMA PRO-STAR, and AMA DRAG BIKE was not a weekend event for you over the pass 25 years. Got a BOB BURT so watch Columbus NHDRO and INDY CUP RACE for this ST.ET. BIKE rider to get the gold.= bet his dial in is 10.61

POPS BK911

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 12:04:15 am »
Mr. Weeks : If you race at my home track in Ohio and 17 bikes are in ST.ET  and the let first round loser buy back for $10 then in that long day of 1320' drag racing you might have some 5.08 lights, now if they make you all run in one class [ ET and SUPER PRO ] say 30 bikes with a buy back in first round and you on a street bike running BRUCE BIKES with boxes, bars, sliders,two steps and many x- National Champions [ we have 2 #1 NHRA DRAG BIKE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ]  that race at our track with many years in the game, and if you do not know what a BRUCE BIKE is then IDBA, AMA PRO-STAR, and AMA DRAG BIKE was not a weekend event for you over the pass 25 years. Got a BOB BURT so watch Columbus NHDRO and INDY CUP RACE for this ST.ET. BIKE rider to get the gold.= bet his dial in is 10.61

POPS BK911

Pops, what is Bruce up to now???

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 05:17:50 am »
GOT BRUCE ??????  Building fast KZ and still winning on " THE MONEY MAKER " the red KZ he won many CHAMPIONSHIPS on over the pass 22-28 years same bike. He also has the ZX10  RAZOR  that he won many races on = push button start and ride back to pits at the end of the 1320'.
But like I said watched this young man on a ST/ET HONDA win both classes in one day and yes he put  BRUCE out too = BOB BURT ST/ET CHAMP 2012.  Yea BRUCE won the SUPER PRO bike class again 2012.  Come to Columbus, Ohio for the NHDRO race in 2013 if you want to run the pass Champs from the many states that are around our neck of the woods, bet many have IDBA, MIR, AHDRA, PRO-STAR and AMA DRAGBIKE trophies sitting in their homes. You know KLEMME and the boyz will come over for a reunion like when they were JET RACING, #2 NHRA  COWBOY BOB will come up from XENIA, OH and maybe another NHRA WORLDS FINALS 2012 race with him and #1 NHRA KLEMME.

POPS BK911