Author Topic: Tyres – 750 sohc K0 frame and swing arm  (Read 927 times)

Offline Dion

Tyres – 750 sohc K0 frame and swing arm
« on: March 26, 2013, 03:54:38 am »
Tyres – 750 sohc K0 frame and swing arm. What is recommended for racing by the chaps in the know? (Can’t use slicks)18” is this ok? Is 17” to low? What is the max size front and rear - width ? I have been hypothesizing with these questions the last few months. Going to order rims from Hagons shortly. Can anyone shed light on this subject?

Offline gschuld

• Master
Re: Tyres – 750 sohc K0 frame and swing arm
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:37:14 pm »
I don't consider myself fully "I the know", but it but it would be helpful if you were a bit more clear about what type of "racing" you intend to do.  I presume that you are referring to setting a bike up for road racing, but drag racing is a possibility.

For handling, I think that you'll find that the "perfect" wheel/tire combination doesn't really exist.  Many seem to use a 110 front, 120/130 rear combo.  Some using an 18" front rather than the stock 19".   There are many factors that affect handling, ride height, suspension details, etc.

I'll defer to those far more experienced that I to help you with the specifics.  But I would suggest that you give as much info as you can regarding what you have and what exactly you plan to do so those that can help, can do it easier.

George