Author Topic: Jerry RX Griffin gets T-boned!  (Read 18107 times)

Online scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Re: Jerry RX Griffin gets T-boned!
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2013, 07:55:55 pm »
This was Jerry when they told him how much his Harley's now worth............ ;D

LMAO!!
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Red Good

• Enthusiast
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2013, 08:09:29 pm »
Funny pic , good to hear the ortho went well  heal well . Red

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:02 pm »
Yikes your swollen, but it could have been worse that's for sure. Glad to see your OK and back home in good spirits. And sense you have some free time clip them toe nails buddy! haha ;D

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2013, 09:34:55 pm »
Jerry, Glad you are doing better. Yes, the swelling is down and your new scooter is a pain. Tried to use on of those and they are not fun. I was on crutches for 6 months when I ruptured my achilles in my right ankle back in mid 09. Looks like they are having you not use the crutches, your arms will thank you. I was suppose to be non-weight bearing on the right ankle for over 4 -5 months but I simply couldn't do it and get around any distance and my job was having me move around at longer distances than I could do without putting weight on the ankle.

You are retired now, right? So, hopefully that will work out better for you. I wasn't suppose to drive either but I did left footed. You do what you have to when you live alone.

Heal quick and keep that thing elevated and iced as directed.
BTW, 10-15% by volume of 90% isopropyl alcohol to water can give you an ice pack that is more gel like so it conforms better. McDavid is the make of one of the sports ice packs that is a gel like instead of like a blue ice. They work better than regular ice most of the time I found. Also, those little ice bags you get in the hospital with the blade closures work well for regular ice packs,  I save those when I end up with an injury where they use them on me.  Velcro and an elastic band can help keep the ice pack in place.

Heal quick brother and speedy recovery...
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2013, 08:03:43 am »
Jerry..........I just saw this.........been away for a while at RA events and healing my own twisted ankle from a mild lay-down on my Aprilia Pegasso..........loose sand on pavement.  Good to see and hear that your on the mend :) :) :).............We will both have stories to tell when we meet in Wendover.  Take your time to let it heal so your good to go ;)

Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2013, 04:41:45 pm »
Dennis,

Yeah, this 'issue' has changed my plans. Not likely to be riding but I have that nice new red car in the garage.  :D

Hope your ankle is doing well! The damn swelling is annoying.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2013, 05:29:30 pm »
Wow!  Take it easy!   Sorry it took me so long to find this info. 
Get yourself a T-bone tattoo and ride again!  Heal well.
Today: '73 cb350f, '96 Ducati 900 Supersport
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f

Offline jtb

• An unlikely
  • Expert
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2013, 06:33:42 pm »
Damn, Jerry.  I'm glad you're coming around.  Take it easy and watch out for those ex's.
John
1977 CB750F
1985 V65 Sabre
1986 VFR 750 (gone but missed greatly)

Offline Frankensteins Bride

• Enthusiast
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2013, 06:37:14 pm »
Jerry love your new scooter.  ;D Glad to see your smiley your way through this! :)
Working on: 78 Cb750k
Waiting for arrival: 73 Cb750

Frankensteins Wolf

Offline Thousandson

• Enthusiast
  • Ride, Fix, Repeat
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2013, 06:49:35 pm »
Get better my bother. I hope to see you out on the road soon, car or bike. I just know your going to supe up that scooter.  Best wishes, glad to see you moving.
Current ride: 78' Cb750F

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »
I've just been watching the news and the fires in Colorado Springs must be very close to Jerry's place, does anyone know if he's OK? Cheers, Terry.
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Online scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 06:47:30 pm »
He just posted earlier today on the Relay thread, Terry. ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 07:32:12 pm »
Fires are 50% contained and last I heard from Jerry, he was a mile south of the voluntary evac line. 
Today: '73 cb350f, '96 Ducati 900 Supersport
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f

Offline cb650

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 08:02:45 pm »
And the fires are bad but very over rated.   A few farms go up and no reports.  Some mansions go up and its the end of the world.     Idiots want to live in the sticks should prepare.  Happens every year nothing new.   I want to live with nature  What fire is natural  WTF????    Sorry rant over.
18 grand and 18 miles dont make you a biker

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 09:20:53 pm »
Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for asking. Definitely not overrated though. And yes, some very expensive properties plus some very humble properties too in densely forested area. It's peoples lives that matter. Just glad the 30-35mph winds were blowing everywhere but in my direction. I'd had to grab the crutches and leave it all behind. The fire started north of me about 5 miles perhaps as the crow flies. The total effort by the fighters was/is amazing. The last numbers were 15,000 acres burned with 55% containment. 400 homes burned to the ground. So far about 1 in 10. The count is ongoing so the total home losses will climb. 2 deaths so far with a few people still unaccounted for. 92 people refused to leave. The winds fanned the flames in many directions like it was many separate fires going everywhere. Not a big circle they could surround. It sounds like they are going into the mop up phase and the containment number will increase tomorrow. Some of the evacuations have been lifted but it will still be a while before the people from the burn areas will get to go home or go to their vacant lot. The infrastructure will need to be rebuilt, power, water, phones, etc before people/families can either begin the rebuilding process or start totally over after all those years. 

I didn't get to see the previous largest fire in the mountains here last year as I was working out of town when it crested the ridge on the other side of the interstate but it was visible from my house. That was perhaps 10 miles as the crow flies. This one eclipsed that one in size and destroyed homes (347). Thursday my kinda estranged daughter and I took the Vette out for a look around the fringes. She has 2 friends families that live in the area but we're not sure about their property. I had another friend that evacuated to my house. Words can not describe what we saw unfolding before our eyes! This is a large military community so perhaps shock, awe, devastation, war zone, napalm, Armageddon, hell might be some descriptions.

Anyway, my heart goes out to those affected.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2013, 04:30:22 am »
I'm glad you're OK Jerry, and your home and property too. Hell it's bad enough that your Harley's no more, it'd be awful if your (Fugly) F and your beautiful new 'Vette were destroyed too! Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: Jerry RX Griffin gets T-boned! NEWS FLASH - A GOOD DAY
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:31 pm »
Just thought I'd pop in with an update. My doctor released me from his clutches today  ;D He said my bones are healed and there is no reason to come back. That is unless I want to have the hardware removed in early December  ;) I told him I'll see him in early November to schedule that procedure. All is well, getting better every day. Walking mostly normally. Swelling is GREATLY diminished.

I'm thinking a good dose of salt as in the BUB trials at Bonneville Salt Flats and the AHRMA event at Miller Motorsports Park the last week of this month should complete my therapy (physical, not mental). Looks like Old Scrambler and Grasscutter will be there with me. Anyone else want to go? I have room for one in my $35.99/night suite  8)

Now I have to decide about riding and if so what will I replace the Fat Boy with.

Thanks for all the good thoughts  :)   

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2013, 09:12:02 pm »
Good to hear Jerry.  You ready to jump on two wheels?
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Ichiban 4

• "Ichi"
  • Hot Shot
  • A "Boomer" still going strong.
Re: Jerry RX Griffin gets T-boned! NEWS FLASH - A GOOD DAY
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »
Just thought I'd pop in with an update. My doctor released me from his clutches today  ;D He said my bones are healed and there is no reason to come back. That is unless I want to have the hardware removed in early December  ;) I told him I'll see him in early November to schedule that procedure. All is well, getting better every day. Walking mostly normally. Swelling is GREATLY diminished.

I'm thinking a good dose of salt as in the BUB trials at Bonneville Salt Flats and the AHRMA event at Miller Motorsports Park the last week of this month should complete my therapy (physical, not mental). Looks like Old Scrambler and Grasscutter will be there with me. Anyone else want to go? I have room for one in my $35.99/night suite  8)

Now I have to decide about riding and if so what will I replace the Fat Boy with.

Thanks for all the good thoughts  :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Jerry..

Glad to hear your well on the way to the mend.  As to your question about what to replace the Fat Boy with..how about one of those new cut-down Gold Wings?

Take care Bro..

Al / Ichi
Al Summers

Present: '77 550K
Past: '73 CB450(twin), '72 CB175, '68 CB350, '58 Ariel Square 4 (1000cc), '58 Matchless Typhoon (650cc single), Whizzer Motorbikes '48 -'55 (Pacemaker & Sportsman)..Vespa, Lambretta scooters..etc.

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:58 pm »
Ready to jump on 2 wheels?! Seems I went through this scenario 11 years ago. I've covered all the western US from a line from North Dakota to Mexico, 3 Canadian provinces, and all the southern states from Kentucky southward over those 11 years. 11 GOOD years with 2 exceptions.

I do like the new "Wing" (no way on the 'regular' Wing) but don't wish to ante up another $10K for a brand new bike that probably won't get that much use. I'm trying to be retired and don't have an extra $10K laying around now that I have the new Vette. I had mine just like I wanted it. It WAS a great bike. Gotta fight the insurance battle. They last offered $11,550 and I said $15K minimum. A 160hp slightly used BMW that does not need customization perhaps? Road and sport ready. Quiet (wouldn't that be a change!) and smooth. I've debated myself on even getting another bike. Perhaps 2 old Hondas one day to putt around on is all I'll need. Perhaps spring fever will reign.

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:34 am »
Glad you are doing better and have been cut free from the doctor. Removing the hardware is a good thing I understand.

Just have to get out there and ride the Hondas a lot more and contemplate the what ifs on a new bike.

Good luck with the insurance battle, they really suck...just trying every way they can to reduce paying out.
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline Dimitri13

• Not a
  • Master
  • 1974 CB550K
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2013, 03:13:58 am »
K1300S gets my vote ;)

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2013, 03:35:20 am »
That's great news Jerry. If choosing a new ride is the toughest decision you have to make these days...that's a good thing brother!

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2013, 03:52:20 am »
Good news!  Congratulations!

Offline Tintop

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2013, 05:43:53 am »
That's great news Jerry. If choosing a new ride is the toughest decision you have to make these days...that's a good thing brother!

+1
1977 CB550/4 Cafe - Speed Warrior / BOTM 03/11
1980 CB750F (project)
Whittaker GBF Vintage Racing Sidecar (XS750 power) - ITG / 151's / CMR Racing Products (SOLD)
1976 CB400 SS - stock / BOTM 04/11 (SOLD)
1973 CB750 K - basket case (SOLD)
77 CB550 Cafe build
550/750 Filter Thread
Sidecar Rebuild Thread