Author Topic: Hush's new ride  (Read 748 times)

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
Hush's new ride
« on: June 09, 2013, 11:53:26 pm »
Hey peps, still lurking around here as it's the best forum bar none for bike help. I sold the S83 as it couldn't go around corners and madame's seat was too hard, 12k got me half a bus, I mean what do you call a bike that weighs 300 kgs? The 2011 Suzuki Boulevard C90T is a very very big bike, handles extremely well, not nifty like a sports bike but point it at a corner and it floats around like a large glider. Unfortunately it came with the original Bridgestone tires and I'm swapping them out for Metzlers. I asked the American owners of C90's what one thing I could do to improve handling, they said "cut off them Brickstones!!!" ;D Apparently I also need a Bully Power Commander to improve the fuel injection smoothness since the PO fitted some lovely Cobra pipes but failed to follow through and then maybe $1000 worth of other "necessary" items before I can start enjoying my new toy! :o
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Hush's new ride
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:11:17 am »
I mean what do you call a bike that weighs 300 kgs?

A "Lightweight"? Well you would if you owned a Triumph Rocket III Hushy, and if you owned a new Goldwing, (over 400 KG) you'd call it a "Monkeybike", ha ha! Seriously, bikes aren't getting lighter, they're getting heavier, and for no good reason, methinks? Get the Power Commander mate, and a K&N air filter too, if it's not a 6 hour job to replace like it was on your other Suzy?

All the BHP and torque figures quoted by the manufacturers are "Crank" figures and not "Rear Wheel", so I was happy that when I installed a Jardine "Big Boss" pipe, Power Commander III and K&N filter, my Rocket was bunging out 140.7 BHP and 147 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheel, as that's a tad more than the factory quoted for my model, at the crank with the stock pipe and filter.

The Power Commander was easy to install, and I just downloaded the power and torque curves from the CD that came with it, via my laptop. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)