Author Topic: RE: Blow turn signals  (Read 573 times)

Offline chewbacca5000

• I polish covers!
  • Old Timer
RE: Blow turn signals
« on: June 22, 2013, 09:31:35 am »
Went to get my inspection sticker today after fixing the front brake switch and now the turn signals won't work.  Did some digging and here is what I found.

1. Low beam clip loose.
2. Right rear turn signal blown bulb.  Ground was suspect.
3. Left front light blown bulb.

All this seemed to happen after I left my lights on and ran the battery dead.

I'd really like to know what caused this as I want to ride and need a legit sticker.

Offline Powderman

• Master
    • Creative Candy Powder Coating
Re: RE: Blow turn signals
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:35:34 am »
Sucks that one little thing makes the whole trip a total waste of time. I love where I live because there are no inspections required for anything, including emission inspections.

Offline chewbacca5000

• I polish covers!
  • Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:39:08 am »
Sucks that one little thing makes the whole trip a total waste of time. I love where I live because there are no inspections required for anything, including emission inspections.

Must be nice.  Think I am going to get a big old trailer and head in your direction.  They are total Nazis about the stuff here.  Originally I failed over front brake switch.  So today I think everything is fixed and the stupid signals don't work.

Took me a couple hours to fix them and now I am not sure they will stay fixed.

Could a weak / bad battery cause this?

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:42:25 am »
Don't think a weak battery could but corroded or loose terminals might cause things to blow...Larry

Offline Bootlegger56

• Butch
  • Hot Shot
  • Nuthin' taps ya out quicker than cole corn likker!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:48:45 am »
+10 on living in a state where there are no motor vehicle inspections required on 35+ year old vehicles.  Its the only thing MC related that NC has going for it.  Not to rob the thread but I agree....a dead battery wont cause that.....but you didn't say how you charged it back up.  Is it possible they got fried somehow during the recharge?
Ya can travel near or ya can travel far; but no matter where ya go thar ya are!

750 K5
550 K1

Offline Powderman

• Master
    • Creative Candy Powder Coating
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 10:19:39 am »
+10 on living in a state where there are no motor vehicle inspections required on 35+ year old vehicles.  Its the only thing MC related that NC has going for it.  Not to rob the thread but I agree....a dead battery wont cause that.....but you didn't say how you charged it back up.  Is it possible they got fried somehow during the recharge?
There's no year limit. I drive a 97 Dakota and didn't need any sort of inspection when I bought it or renew registration yearly.