Author Topic: Let's see your non-SOHC4 on the road  (Read 319728 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let's see your non-SOHC4 on the road
« Reply #625 on: March 26, 2016, 03:58:20 am »

Thanks for the reply tez, I'm wanting to buy something a little more modern in the future and it's looking like either a super tenere' a fjr1300 like yours or a h.d. cruiser.....leaning towards the super ten though......ciao

Sent from my HTC_M9u using Tapatalk

Well that Super Tenere looks pretty good mate, but make sure you take one for a decent (long) ride before you lay down your hard-earned dough. I love my BMW R1100GS, it handles fantastic with the new Ikon shockers front and rear, sounds beaut with the Staintune pipe and goes like a cut snake with the ECU mod and Dyno tune, but sadly, the seat lets it down after the first half hour or so. 

I've ridden a few Harley big twins and they were all pretty comfy. My Sportster was sh1t when I bought it with stupid lowered Progressive shocks with bugger all travel so I bought new Ikons (yep, I spent over $2K on Ikon shocks for it and the BMW just before Christmas) with nearly 4 inches of travel and with highway pegs so I can stretch my long legs out, it's almost comfy! Cheers, Terry. ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline eigenvector

• Master
  • Member of the despondent public
« Reply #627 on: March 26, 2016, 10:14:44 am »
How about in the backyard? :P

I finally got my Nighthawk in semi-rideable condition.  I just need to build my throttle cable (thought about it today, but I might have broken a finger last night) and that's really about it.  Mirrors and turn signals can be picked up no problem.

Rob
--------------------------------
2018 HD Softail Heritage
1979 CB750K Limited Edition
1977 CB550K
1984 CB700SC Nighthawk
1983 VF750S Sabre

Offline Magpie

• Old Timer
« Reply #628 on: March 28, 2016, 04:54:53 pm »

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #629 on: March 28, 2016, 05:19:16 pm »
Great pic there, MP!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline trenchgrinder750

• 78 CB750F
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #630 on: March 28, 2016, 06:14:51 pm »

This is Audrey. 2016 triumph street twin. Lots of fun. Put almost 800miles on in the 5 weeks I've had.  Top speed so far is 90-95mph. 
I've only been riding since October and between my 2 bikes now I'm over 2,000 miles/3,200km. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
78 CB750F

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #631 on: March 29, 2016, 01:54:39 am »
I had intended to ride the 400 miles back to Canberra yesterday, but for reasons beyond my control, I had to wait until today. Probably a good thing anyway, as I was able to have another day with my family, before heading back to work.

Anyhoo, I jumped on the big blue beast and had a great ride, did the 650Km (400 miles) in 6 hours 15 minutes exactly, including fuel, drink, and piss stops. Once more I maintained my super power of being invisible to cops, including the Highway Patrol d1ckhead who did a U turn on the highway just south of Gundagai, and almost smacked right into me!

He sh1t himself and immediately pulled over to the side of the road, probably to change his undies, while I sped away, waving with one finger. I did eventually stop to take a pic of the famous "Dog on the Tuckerbox" statue, while taking the opportunity to have a drink to replace the spittle I expended at the cop who almost took me out. (and not in a nice way.........) Cheers, Terry. ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline GV1390

• Hot Shot
  • Express Gratitude.
« Reply #632 on: March 29, 2016, 08:29:02 am »
2WD winter DD:

Summer DD/Track pig:

93' GSX-R1100, 78' CB550, 71' CL350, 71’ CB500 & 02' ZRX1200R.

Offline Powderman

• Master
    • Creative Candy Powder Coating
« Reply #633 on: March 29, 2016, 09:13:43 am »
2WD winter DD:

Summer DD/Track pig:

is that side hack 2wd?

Offline GV1390

• Hot Shot
  • Express Gratitude.
« Reply #634 on: March 29, 2016, 09:35:27 am »
Sure is!  :P
93' GSX-R1100, 78' CB550, 71' CL350, 71’ CB500 & 02' ZRX1200R.

Wobbly

« Reply #635 on: April 01, 2016, 06:51:35 am »
RnineT this week in the Dolomites (a father-and-son trip).

Beer and cake in Austria:

Snow in Italy:

Taking a break in the sun:

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #636 on: April 01, 2016, 11:37:33 am »
Nice!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #637 on: April 01, 2016, 04:34:55 pm »
Brrrrrr! As much as I love your pics Tom, I hate snow! Does the snow up there actually melt in summer? Finally, who got the beer, and who got the cake? Cheers, Terry. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #638 on: April 01, 2016, 09:47:23 pm »

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
« Reply #639 on: April 02, 2016, 02:50:09 am »
its even got snow tyres on terry !

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #640 on: April 02, 2016, 04:00:54 am »
Usually I drive home to Melbourne every weekend, but as I only rode the mighty FJR back to Canberra on Tuesday, I elected to stay in Canberra this weekend. I Had a late night at a pub last night and rode the BMW back around 2am.

I woke up this morning around 1030, staggered into the shower, had a light breakfast, then jumped on the big blue Yam and rode 130 Km (80 miles) to Cooma for lunch. It's all about the ride and not about the destination, the food at the Chinese restaurant there is only OK and not great, but the beer was cold, so good enough.

On the ride back, a bug (dunno if it was a spider or a bee) decided that I wasn't it's fcuking friend and bit/stung the sh1t out of my right wrist, fcuk it hurt! I was riding along at 60 MPH no hands on the bars, belting the general area of my right arm (thru my jacket sleeve) with my left fist.

The pain subsided as I arrived back at my little apartment, I took my jacket off and found a red welt on my wrist, and what looks like one or two stings. It's a bit swollen and feels a bit weird, but I'll live. I'm hoping for some super powers, and I'll be pissed off if I don't get any........ Cheers, Terry. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #641 on: April 02, 2016, 04:02:10 am »

Ha ha, that's what Wobbly needs on his BM! ;D

Wobbly

« Reply #642 on: April 02, 2016, 06:19:52 am »

Would be helpful at times.

Offline jas67

• Expert
« Reply #643 on: April 02, 2016, 05:24:29 pm »
On the ride back, a bug (dunno if it was a spider or a bee) decided that I wasn't it's fcuking friend and bit/stung the sh1t out of my right wrist, fcuk it hurt! I was riding along at 60 MPH no hands on the bars, belting the general area of my right arm (thru my jacket sleeve) with my left fist.

The pain subsided as I arrived back at my little apartment, I took my jacket off and found a red welt on my wrist, and what looks like one or two stings. It's a bit swollen and feels a bit weird, but I'll live. I'm hoping for some super powers, and I'll be pissed off if I don't get any........ Cheers, Terry. ;D

That's the problem with living in the land down under, you've got some serious creepy-crawly things that'll freakin' kill you given half of a chance!
Classic Honda:
1976 CB400F
1975 CB400F (project)
1975 GL1000
1968 CL175 (1 nice one, one project)
1967 CB77
1967 CB160 (2 of 'em, both projects)
1967 CL160 project
Triumph: 2017 Thruxton R
BMW: 2016 R1200RS, 1975 R90S, 1973 R75/5, 1980 R100S
Ducati: 2013  Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE track beast, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450, 1966 Monza 250
Moto Morini: 1975 (titled 1976) 3 1/2 Strada, w/ Sport clipons.
Moto Guzzi: 2017 V7III Special,  1977 Le Mans, 1974 Eldorado

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #644 on: April 02, 2016, 06:35:07 pm »

That's the problem with living in the land down under, you've got some serious creepy-crawly things that'll freakin' kill you given half of a chance!

Yeah mate, but to be honest, I was more worried about the dead 'Roo's and Wombats lining the edge of the Monaro Highway, apart from stinking up the road, they're pretty active in the parts, and they've never been taught the "Look to the right, look to the left, then look to the right again" song, so they just fcuking barge out in front of you, and it's hard to not hit them when you're riding at 60+ MPH.

When Brian (Bear here) crashed his race bike and broke his back I visited him in hospital, and he introduced me to his friends/co-patients, who were (not surprisingly) all motorcyclists. One of them had been a real typical yuppie, he was in his thirties, was smart, had a great job, beautiful wife, nice house etc, then he was taken out by a big 'Roo at 60 MPH on his shiny new Aprilia, and forced into a tree.

This guy went from being on top of the world to being a full quadraplegic, all because some big grey hopping poofter wanted to cross the road. I think of that and my sting/bite doesn't seem like too much of a cross to bear........... (no pun intended) Cheers, Terry.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #645 on: April 02, 2016, 06:36:07 pm »

Would be helpful at times.

Fark! Get those snow tyres Tom! ;D

Offline CB500 guy

• "Ride Wacha Got"
« Reply #646 on: April 09, 2016, 08:47:41 pm »
Key West and back!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #647 on: April 11, 2016, 01:24:01 am »
Key West and back!

Nice, gotta love Harley's for long, comfy rides! ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #648 on: April 11, 2016, 01:39:27 am »
Well I know it's not out on the road in this pic, but last night after driving the 400 miles back from Melbourne (home) to Canberra, (work) I installed this new fairing windscreen on my mighty FJR1300.

As fantastic as the bike is for long rides, the standard screen channels the wind blast straight into my helmet, and one of the other members here recommended the Vee Stream windshield, so I did a bit of research and decided it was just what I needed, and bought one on eBay.

It's taller than I expected, so will probably come off when the weather warms up again, but as we're slowly moving into winter here, (because it's still quite warm) it'll be great to keep the icy gusts offa my poor tired old body, it was great n my way to work this morning at 0630 and 45 deg F, but not so good at 4pm and 75........... Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #649 on: April 12, 2016, 10:48:17 am »

my wife on her 350