Author Topic: 1972/3 cb750K2 Turn signal buzzer location and "cancel button"???Weird!!,  (Read 4407 times)

Offline kaceyf2

• Enthusiast
Hya again folks, heres another weird one for your puzzle-solving skills! after the magic switchgear info you gave me!!!

TWO questions, First off..where is the STOCK location of the turn signal buzzer meant to be on a 1972/3 cb750K2??  I know, I know, Nearly everyone in the world has removed it and thrown it away in sheer hatred, ( and I fully and totally understand this!) and you may have never even seen one, even if your bike Should have one.....BUT, out of the eight or so books and mauals I got, NOT ONE even shows the buzzer! let alone says WHERE it was factory located!!!

AND second question.......AND this has totalled my head completely..........here goes....
In the book "Honda cb750 SOHC super profile" by Pete Shoemark, ( A Haynes publication I might add!)   It states ( in the model year changes ) for the 1972 cb750 K2 (engine no.cb750E 2000001,frame no. cb750 2000001 Onwards)
That it had,  (QUOTE)       "New handlebar switches fitted, THE LEFT HAND UNIT INCORPORATING A SMALL BUTTON, which cancelled the newly installed turn signal bleeper"
(UNQUOTE)

MY question is this........what button??   I have never seen a left hand unit with a "small button" on it (other than the horn button of course) to cancel the buzzing nuisence beeping thingy.......
and why wouldnt turning the indicators off the "normal" way do this???

I am trying to build back to factory concourse,so (sadly and unfortunately) need to locate the buzzer in its proper place on the bike, and get the correct switchgear, if it had a "small-button" then a "small buttoned" switchgear for the left side is what i need to get!

Has anyone SEEn this? heard of it in dreams, or had nightmares in their sleep with buzzers and no buttons to turn them off??

any and all input most welcome on this one!!
( as an aside me misses says she has a "small-button" AND it does make her "beep", but that aint in the manuel either)
thanks in advance...........

In my own experience...
It wasn't a Previous Owner who didnt know what he was doing that messed up your bike, it was The Previous owners mate who THOUGHT that HE did.

Stevien1

On my '74, the buzzer is located underneath the speedometer.  One thing I've noticed on the '74 versus my friend's '71 is that the turn signal switch on my bike has a "lane change" position (like every late model car).  On the '71, when you click it on, it won't turn off when you let go of the switch....

Offline kaceyf2

• Enthusiast
Hya bro, just to check out that i understand what you mean , is it one of them indicator switches on your bike that has to be pressed "IN" for it to cancel? and say for example, when you are turning left, you move the switch to the left, and let go, then when
you look at it again, it aint in the left where you left it, its gone back to the central position, but the indicator is still on? And you have to press it "IN" to cancel it? whereas your mates on his K1 would still be where he left it, over to the left so to speak?
Ahhhhhhhhhh, if this is so, The "newly installed turn buzzer cancel button" is on the INSIDE of the K2's switch, and I dont need to be looking for a switch with a small button on the outside after all!!!!!!
Hope this is it, cos i aint seen any switch with a "small button" showing!!!! (apart from the horn of course!)  Thought it sounded odd!!!
cheers!!!
In my own experience...
It wasn't a Previous Owner who didnt know what he was doing that messed up your bike, it was The Previous owners mate who THOUGHT that HE did.

RyanLilly

I think the Lane change function he as talking about is when you push the switch only slightly to one side, it turns on the signal but does not click into place, so when you remove your thumb the switch goes back to center. Thats how it is on my '74, don't know about the '71 though.

Good luck finding you button.

Offline GroovieGhoulie

• Master
  • I have to return some videotapes.
Question about the turn signal buzzer:

Were they only on 750s?  My 400 does not have one and I'm not sure if it's supposed to.  Did the 350s 500/550s, or 650s have them?

gpjerry

My 78 550 had the buzzer.  I thought it was cool for about a day.  Unplugged it after 3.  On mine when you went to the lane change position, not quite clicking into full on, the buzzer did not sound. (That is how I got through day 2  :P )

Offline kwbikr

I am re-doing a 1972 CB750 and it has the elusive "beeper button" screwed to the bottom of the left side switch. There's a small rubber jacket on the wiring and it goes into the bottom of the switch housing and down the bars...I'd not seen one till this one...I can take a picture if someone needs it...

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
 I've got a K2 I pull out and ride around a little bit each summer with. I will say it can be a little bit of a challenge to hold the cancel button with your thumb while you manipulate the clutch with the left hand and do the throttle and off switch with your right hand all while turning. Kind of like holding back a fart a little squeaker from the buzz box gets away sometimes  ;D ;D  Works really easy while waiting for a light to turn  ;)

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
72 only I think. For the push button.
 The buzzer has a rubber cover and fits into a welded on bracket of left headline ear.
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline Deltarider

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Another big liar has to face the truth.
The thing to do with that buzzer is, make it a 'sidestand out' warning. You need some kind of a brake pedal switch.
CB500K2-ED Excel black
"There is enough for everyone's need but not enough for anybody's greed."

Online lash

• Hot Shot
Best I can do..
Analog mind in a digital world..

Offline MauiK3

• A K3 is saved
  • Old Timer
  • Old guy
Yes, on the left headlight ear. On my K3, I changed to K0/K1 ears with no buzzer bracket. I moved the buzzer inside the headlight can which makes it just loud enough to remind me to turn the turn signal off. If you need a new rubber for the buzzer, good luck, I could not find one that was not cracked.
1973 CB 750 K3
10/72 build Z1 Kawasaki

Offline robvangulik

• Honda Fourever
  • Expert
Is noone enough awake to notice this is a thread from 2006?

Offline Deltarider

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Another big liar has to face the truth.
Must have overslept (the buzzer of my alarm clock).
CB500K2-ED Excel black
"There is enough for everyone's need but not enough for anybody's greed."

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
Search function is working for new member kwbikr   ;)

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
yeah? So?  Why start a new thread?
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline robvangulik

• Honda Fourever
  • Expert
yeah? So?  Why start a new thread?
I could understand if someone with a similar question used the search and post in an existing thread, but to offer to make pics for the previous posters from august 2006? Not very smart  ;D

Offline Sigop

• Hot Shot
Removed my pic.  Didn't want to overload you.   8)
CB750 K3  Original Owner and Operator

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
Interesting thread! :)
I searched for that buzzer some years ago, found a NOS not cheap and it sits now on my K2 build. It needed to be lubed to enter the square hole on left headlight ear. I'm not sure if I aimed it correct. It face backwards which I think will give best sound for the rider. Alternative facing down to fender. Gauges will cover from rain falling.

I'll see if I'll get the connections right at first attempt. And yes, I have the real K2 left switch with cancel button.

Seriously, it is a safety hazard to check if the blinker is on now and then to avoid forgotten blinker and cars that will cross my lane. It take around 2 sec of loosing focus on the road to lock down for a check.
I miss the buzzer rather often. Maybe a vibrator in seat is a better alternative for those that will feel stupid with a beeping bike? ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:11:51 am by PeWe »
CB750 K6-76 1005cc JMR Billet block.
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32