Author Topic: Adjusting CR carburettors ?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Hummel

Adjusting CR carburettors ?
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »
Hello fellow honda lovers!

I got my cb750 on the road. It's a 836cc with a nice porting and bigger valves.

I just got my CR carbs on a want to adjust them so I'm sure everything is perfect. I must say that out of the box the carburettors seems to be ok adjusted, the bike runs good.

But now to the question:

How do you guess measure and adjust the synchronize of the carbs ? Seems to me that there is no vacuum ports to adjust after, and at idle the CR carbs has a separate system that goes around the stack, so I can't measure flow there ? How do you do???

Also, is it possible to get idle jets some where ?

My plan about the half throttle and full throttle is to use a A/F gadget and then set it to about 14:1 all the way. Is that a no go ??

Thanks

Tommy Hummel

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: Adjusting CR carburettors ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:27:38 pm »
We install 1/4" doomaflitchies into the intake runners. Someone post up a picture and tell him what doomaflitchies are please.

Sudco is the originating US source for these carbs and parts.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 06:39:06 am »
You need to install 1/4" brass hose mender (barb to barb hose splicer)  into the rubber intake boots. Freeze the boots and drill a small hole in them and install with some RTV sealant. Cap them with vacuum plugs when your done. If you check out my TAO build thread you can see some pictures and even my jetting set up to maybe give ya some help.

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:46:23 am »
GET ON E-BAY MOTORCYCLE PARTS :  Type in  [ UNI-SYN MULTIPLE CARBURETOR SYNCHRONIZER ]  you do-not have to drill a hole = just mount [ HOLD ] this tool up to carb throat and dial in the float [ MOST COME WITH A BOOK SHOWING YOU HOW TO USE ] making same settings on all four carbs. I Used this tool many times on any carb motorcycle motor........  cheap prices on e-bay

Offline mec

• Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

My plan about the half throttle and full throttle is to use a A/F gadget and then set it to about 14:1 all the way. Is that a no go ??

Thanks

Tommy Hummel

set A/F to 12.8:1 if you want to be on the more safe side.

mec
Honda Monkey
Takeuchi TB 070
Massey Ferguson

Offline classic bike tuner

• Enthusiast
  • http://www.cmrch.nl/
    • cmrch.nl/
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 02:27:52 am »