Author Topic: Its time for 'airport-like' security at public schools.  (Read 3019 times)

DH

Re: Its time for 'airport-like' security at public schools.
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 08:59:01 am »
You guys all make interesting points. I don't think gun control is the answer because it won't work here. Like tryin to wipe out the drug trade. Too many people in concentrated areas with all kinds of problems. And yeah, our society is screwed up. Turn on the t.v., radio, sit in traffic, listen to latest vernacular, etc. Very little to celebrate that is decent any more. Therein lies the problem IMO.
People are pissed off, about "whatever".  Demographics don't matter either. And revenge is the answer unfortunately, for those who are close to the edge anyway.
To me, airport type security at school will at least protect our kids
better. It sucks to have to resort to those lengths. Just observations....Not challenging anyone's opinion.  :)

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 12:20:02 pm »
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Draw and drawer. Could care less/couldn't care less. Bought/brought FFS.

Les Ross.            Certified by a Professional

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 01:15:40 pm »
guns arent violent,theres no violence about guns being fired,whats so violent about just shooting someone?

Seek help Dave and please don't come here looking for a gun.  We have enough problems already.

FIVES DAYS?BUT IM MAD NOW!

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 02:01:22 pm »
All of the big cities with major gun violence have a problem with gangs and drugs and turf wars etc. Basically a bunch of people who don't want to, or can't find real work. Their idols are rappers and such who glorify guns and the thug like mentality. Its a cultural and social issue more than a gun issue. Here is an interesting report among the many others out there  http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf
That's right. (your link wouldn't open for me, still...) 13% of our pop is black. 50% of our homicides are committed by blacks. Lest you think its a retribution issue, 90% of those homicides are black v black. Of the 13% total, 90% of homicides are committed by the 16 to 22 age group. About 30% of the total 13%. Our stats would look a lot different with demographics like other countries claiming better statistics. A high % of that age group is shot multiple times before the fatal one.

Not to mention the culture that encourages violence. The number of guns is irrelevant. IMO.

Sorry Ron, we are just as multicultural as the US and have plenty of colored people here too mate but a lack of guns {and a better attitude towards them}  means we don't have those horrible statistics..  Its easy to encourage violence when you have that many deadly weapons so easily available..... You guys need to look at the rest of the civilized world and what they are doing, also change the gun toting attitude, you no longer live in the wild west. Which ever way you look at it, guns are a deadly weapon and when any idiot and his dog can get them when ever they want , you will always have a massive problem, its as simple as that...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline bikerbart

• Master
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 02:53:06 pm »
I want to clarify. When I said guns are for cowards I was talking about the BIG picture. Politicians and their Wars. Not the dude who needs to defend himself from a crackhead/gangsta , thief , rapist etc. Sorry if I offended you gun nuts . :)
its better to regret something you have done,than something you havent.Except playing with explosives.

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 03:02:30 pm »
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
You know who said it.  8)
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline bikerbart

• Master
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 10:57:55 pm »
 8) ;)
its better to regret something you have done,than something you havent.Except playing with explosives.

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 12:04:46 am »
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
You know who said it.  8)
eggsactly...made it like that, bought it like that, livin' like that
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 12:06:36 am »
as long as their are people who have nothing to lose, people will behave as if they have nothing to lose...
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline dhall57

• Old Timer
  • The 70's! SOHC4 Honda's & Marcia Brady of course.
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 04:19:59 am »
In just the last couple weeks two of the top news stories:

A 12 year old Nevada middle school student kills teacher and wounds two others.

A 14 years old Massachusetts middle school student kills his 24 year old math teacher with box cutter and dumps her body in the woods and than goes to eat at Wendy's and watch a movie.

These are kids doing these horrific acts :'( Our society in this country has gotten so far down the toilet we have little kids killing their teachers and fellow students. At my Jr. High school (not middle school like they call it now, a few fights would break out every now and then and a few punches thrown. A busted lip, bloody nose at the worse and after a short time your were friends again. Now days heck with fighting, bring a gun to school and shoot somebody or carve your teacher up because she did something you didn't like. Problem solved. When I was this age back in the late 60's early 70's all I was thinking about was riding my Honda's and reading motorcycle mags and going to see On Any Sunday at the movies and getting interested in girls and sneaking a peak at a Playboy we found under my buddy's parents bed.  But our country and the world is a entirely different place than forty years ago >:(

Lord help us all
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:57:05 pm by dhall57 »
1970 CB750KO
1971 CB500KO-project bike
1973 CB350G- project bike
1974 CB750K4-project bike
1974 CB750K4
1976 CB750K6
1977 GL1000
1997 Harley Wideglide

Offline bikerbart

• Master
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 10:58:46 am »
IT has changed for the worse absolutely, I am lucky to have grown up in the 70's. Feels like a Loooooooong time ago.