Author Topic: 4 into 1 Yosh Style exhaust for 75-77 CB400f Super Sport  (Read 16052 times)

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: 4 into 1 Yosh Style exhaust for 75-77 CB400f Super Sport
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 09:07:26 pm »
Here is part of the problem.
 Yoshi style headers are short, welded solid, and dont flex much.
 In the mid 70s when you bought a header for a bike like Hooker, Jardine, etc, they usually went on easy and fit well..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline 74CB400FFourSS

• Cafe for life
  • 75 CB400F Super Sport
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 09:31:49 pm »
Retro Rocket, you called me a noob LOL! you forum peeps can be so f-ing stupid sometimes. You don't even know me, you obviously don't know Carpy. Yes Carpy builds the first pipe then has a place manufacture them in bulk just like most companies do in order to cut the cost for the consumer so people will actually buy them. I can't count how many headers i've ordered for different bikes even cars i've built that needed the trusty broom handle to get them on. You guys shouldn't talk #$%* about someone you actually don't know It makes you look like the ignorant bastard you are in front of everyone reading the thread. Either way I don't care what you think. You talk smack online, and hide behind a computer screen, typical forum loser BS.

Anyway he'll be making his Yosh style exhaust for the CB400f and is planning on more parts in the future. Exhaust is going to run $280-$300, there will be no issues with it like the 550 and all you non Carpy haters are welcome to get a good exhaust for the price. Or you can buck up and spend $1000 on and exhaust from Japan. That's just crazy if you ask me.
Rob

1975 CB400F Four SS

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 09:39:07 pm »
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 11:38:44 pm »
Retro Rocket, you called me a noob LOL! you forum peeps can be so f-ing stupid sometimes. You don't even know me, you obviously don't know Carpy. Yes Carpy builds the first pipe then has a place manufacture them in bulk just like most companies do in order to cut the cost for the consumer so people will actually buy them. I can't count how many headers i've ordered for different bikes even cars i've built that needed the trusty broom handle to get them on. You guys shouldn't talk #$%* about someone you actually don't know It makes you look like the ignorant bastard you are in front of everyone reading the thread. Either way I don't care what you think. You talk smack online, and hide behind a computer screen, typical forum loser BS.

Anyway he'll be making his Yosh style exhaust for the CB400f and is planning on more parts in the future. Exhaust is going to run $280-$300, there will be no issues with it like the 550 and all you non Carpy haters are welcome to get a good exhaust for the price. Or you can buck up and spend $1000 on and exhaust from Japan. That's just crazy if you ask me.

I think i know where the trusty broom stick has been..... ;D ;D ;D

Yes mate, I called you a noob {as in new} because you are running off at the mouth like a spoiled little child about something you obviously know nothing about, like Motorcycle exhaust  and whats involved in making them SAFE, Your crap about them getting "bent in the mail" {these ones mentioned must have got wet because they grew  ;D}is fcuking hilarious and complete bullsh1t, they were POORLY DESIGNED {and by the master  ::)], there's simply no other way to look at it. Motorcycles only have 2 wheels, when one gets jammed in the poorly designed headers there is no excuse or stupid explanations as to why is a "simple mistake" and to, "just cut some guard off to fix the problem", just the fact you think thats acceptable tells its own story, maybe if you had come here asking questions instead of showering us with blind devotion to someone you've just met and believed his bullsh1t excuses unequivocally then you may have gained some credibility, as Powderman pointed out, this problem was brought to his attention over a year ago and he continued to sell those pipes, thats is not good business in any mans book. There's some very knowledgeable guys here trying to tell you something you clearly don't want to hear, but thats not the point, its the way you tried to bullsh1t around it to people that know better, your the second bloke this week that thinks we are all idiots and know nothing, more the fool you. Anyway  While your here take a look in the project shop, there's tons of very well engineered bike's in there and a lot of people with far more talent than Carpy.... I've had enough face palm moments in this thread, time to leave noob boy to his own demise..... ::)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 11:53:28 pm »
Here is part of the problem.
 Yoshi style headers are short, welded solid, and dont flex much.
 In the mid 70s when you bought a header for a bike like Hooker, Jardine, etc, they usually went on easy and fit well..

Thats True Frank, all well made pipes should fit easy, I've also had Yoshi's though,  back as far as 1980 {CB750 1 piece} and 1984 {CB900 1 piece} no problems fitting the pipes and plenty of bikes with 4 into ones since and never had a problem or used a broom stick to fit them, even on my cars.  :o.. ;D
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline thirsty 1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 08:00:30 am »
How about Carpy makes a set and has them fitted. Do some dyno runs, stock / aftermarket and let the results be the verdict. If they fit without some very very minor messaging then so be it. I'm sure this Carpy fellow is a nice guy or maybe not. I don't know?  He runs a bike shop and has a business so I'm thinking has not all that bad. It is unacceptable to make a production run of something that puts us in danger. That's a no no in my book. I'm sure he had his pee pee slapped over that one. I personally have a two sets of 400 pipes so I don't necessarily need a new header but would be interested in seeing the goods. OP, you get a maybe from me.
73' CL125, 75' CB400F, 16' KTM 1190R, 05' KTM 525EXC

75' CB400F  -  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=127295.0

My 79 CB750F for fun   ----   http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=19923.0

Offline Tintop

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 08:09:21 am »
1977 CB550/4 Cafe - Speed Warrior / BOTM 03/11
1980 CB750F (project)
Whittaker GBF Vintage Racing Sidecar (XS750 power) - ITG / 151's / CMR Racing Products (SOLD)
1976 CB400 SS - stock / BOTM 04/11 (SOLD)
1973 CB750 K - basket case (SOLD)
77 CB550 Cafe build
550/750 Filter Thread
Sidecar Rebuild Thread

Offline thirsty 1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 08:32:10 am »

Got any more you can pass this way.

Sorry but Nope. The original set is pretty beat up and I scoured a nice set off of eBay. They arn't perfect by no means but nice enough for my little build. The originals have had oil leaking onto them for years so I'm thinking of putting header wrap on them.

My 79 CB750F for fun   ----   http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=19923.0

Offline Powderman

• Master
    • Creative Candy Powder Coating
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

Sorry but Nope. The original set is pretty beat up and I scoured a nice set off of eBay. They arn't perfect by no means but nice enough for my little build. The originals have had oil leaking onto them for years so I'm thinking of putting header wrap on them.

As long as you are putting header wrap on for cosmetic reasons only and not try to convince yourself of any other value to header wrap on a motorcycle then it's ok.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:57:11 am by Powderman »

Offline thirsty 1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 09:43:15 am »

As long as you are putting header wrap on for cosmetic reasons only and not try to convince yourself of any other value to header wrap on a motorcycle then it's ok.

Ya it's just to cover up the nasty baked on oil and rust. The PO layed it down in parking lot and the #4 pipe has rash on it and the collector has rash too. My replacement header has just a little rash on the underside of the collector in the normal spot. Besides that it looks real good. I was thinking maybe a recrome?

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 09:57:52 am »

Ya it's just to cover up the nasty baked on oil and rust. The PO layed it down in parking lot and the #4 pipe has rash on it and the collector has rash too. My replacement header has just a little rash on the underside of the collector in the normal spot. Besides that it looks real good. I was thinking maybe a recrome?

Have you checked pricing on rechroming? It ain't cheap.

Offline thirsty 1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 10:25:47 am »

Have you checked pricing on rechroming? It ain't cheap.

No I haven't and I don't know anything about the process either so...research time for me.   I don't want to hijack this thread but I have question.

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 10:28:32 am »
Ask your question.

Offline 74CB400FFourSS

• Cafe for life
  • 75 CB400F Super Sport
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 10:31:29 am »

Yes mate, I called you a noob {as in new} because you are running off at the mouth like a spoiled little child about something you obviously know nothing about, like Motorcycle exhaust  and whats involved in making them SAFE, Your crap about them getting "bent in the mail" {these ones mentioned must have got wet because they grew  ;D}is fcuking hilarious and complete bullsh1t, they were POORLY DESIGNED {and by the master  ::)], there's simply no other way to look at it. Motorcycles only have 2 wheels, when one gets jammed in the poorly designed headers there is no excuse or stupid explanations as to why is a "simple mistake" and to, "just cut some guard off to fix the problem", just the fact you think thats acceptable tells its own story, maybe if you had come here asking questions instead of showering us with blind devotion to someone you've just met and believed his bullsh1t excuses unequivocally then you may have gained some credibility, as Powderman pointed out, this problem was brought to his attention over a year ago and he continued to sell those pipes, thats is not good business in any mans book. There's some very knowledgeable guys here trying to tell you something you clearly don't want to hear, but thats not the point, its the way you tried to bullsh1t around it to people that know better, your the second bloke this week that thinks we are all idiots and know nothing, more the fool you. Anyway  While your here take a look in the project shop, there's tons of very well engineered bike's in there and a lot of people with far more talent than Carpy.... I've had enough face palm moments in this thread, time to leave noob boy to his own demise..... ::)

You're an idiot and a thread hijacker too. The world needs less ignorant jackasses like you. All i'm trying to do is get some good quality parts made for the CB400f and all you can do is #$%* and moan about one bad part in the past. Every company has made mistake or 2 no one is perfect live and learn and improve. I can't believe how blind to this you are and how immature you're being as well. You don't know sh!t about Carpy and you've obviously never met him or seen any of his bikes 1st hand. He's been building bikes and hotrods for a long time. I respect him and have looked up to him for a long time too. I've met him, hung out with him and bought quality parts from him, he's a great guy, very nice, totally professional and the blokes got skills you only wish you had fraction of. You don't know crap and that's why you hide behind a computer screen. blah blah blah I'm done with your b!tch fest on my thread that I posted to see how much interest there would be for a Yosh style set up for the 75-77 CB400f. I didn't post this thread for you're bs.

I'm going to let the CB400 parts he makes speak for themselves. I'll even see if he'll do a dyno run too when I drop the stock bike off for him. If not I'll do one on my own just to shut your ignorant pie hole.

Moderator, will you please close and delete this thread "Retro Rocket" and others have tainted it with their utter stupidity and ignorance.
Rob

1975 CB400F Four SS

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 10:32:24 am »
Retro Rocket, you called me a noob LOL! you forum peeps can be so f-ing stupid sometimes. You don't even know me, you obviously don't know Carpy.

Are they one in the same?
Do you typically refer to yourself in the third-person?
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 10:44:45 am »
Hey Mick, turn the other cheek brother, nothing to gain here.

Offline Powderman

• Master
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 10:47:36 am »
You complain about RR not knowing Carpy and making comments about him and then turn around and make the exact same comments about RR who you know absolutely nothing about his skills or accomplishments. I don't know Carpy personally but know, from reading his website and comments from others who have dealt with him, that he is a liar and a "sheister", look up the definition if you need to.
Good luck with getting the mods to do anything you are requesting. If you're happy with your experiences with Carpy, fine. I will however continue to warn anyone who wants to do business with him about his practices and lack of regard for the safety of others.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:51:09 am by Powderman »

Offline y2kc0wb0y

• B00msh0cka
  • Hot Shot
  • Shoot the pickle....
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 11:30:52 am »
I will however continue to warn anyone who wants to do business with him about his practices and lack of regard for the safety of others.

^ And to that there is a place on this forum to do so. Pretty sure it's called Vendor Review
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?board=102.0

CB750K3 890cc| 2004 VFR800A| 76 CB550F| 77 CB750F| 73 CB350G| 79 XLH| 2007 BMW R1200GS| CB750K2

Offline Tim2005

• Expert
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 11:45:13 am »
I can't see there'd be much of a market for this - you can already buy a pipe which isn't so far off the desired style,  the rather nice and well priced Marving

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=35262.0

The MC-Again one is rather nice admittedly, especially their titanium version, and expensive too, but I'm still curious if it is a remake of a 1970s/80s Yoshimura pipe as I've never seen a 400 Yoshimura pipe in that style in a photo of that era. There's often confusion with the smiliar looking Yoshima too.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 12:42:58 pm »
Hey Mick, turn the other cheek brother, nothing to gain here.

Yes i know , but it was fun while it lasted.... ;)

Had a wonderful PM from the OP last night, brought a tear to my eye.... ;D
It was titled
" hey #$%*! keep hiding behind your computer screen". I just love this guy..... ;D

I'll leave him to worship and grovel at the feet of the Carpy shrine he probably has stashed in his basement.... ;D

Over and out.... ;D ;D :o ::) ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »
I can't see there'd be much of a market for this - you can already buy a pipe which isn't so far off the desired style,  the rather nice and well priced Marving

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=35262.0

The MC-Again one is rather nice admittedly, especially their titanium version, and expensive too, but I'm still curious if it is a remake of a 1970s/80s Yoshimura pipe as I've never seen a 400 Yoshimura pipe in that style in a photo of that era. There's often confusion with the smiliar looking Yoshima too.

That look good as I can see. Important to see how it look like on the bike.
About Yoshi  4-1 style. Motogpwerks is very beautiful manufactured!
I was thinking about this before but I need the lower version so I can use the passenger foot pegs.
This is a lower Yoshi version for CB750:
 http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=142_88&products_id=671
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline FuZZie

• Expert
  • If I is expert, I can has cheezburger?
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 03:07:17 pm »

You're an idiot and a thread hijacker too. The world needs less ignorant jackasses like you. All i'm trying to do is get some good quality parts made for the CB400f and all you can do is #$%* and moan about one bad part in the past. Every company has made mistake or 2 no one is perfect live and learn and improve. I can't believe how blind to this you are and how immature you're being as well. You don't know sh!t about Carpy and you've obviously never met him or seen any of his bikes 1st hand. He's been building bikes and hotrods for a long time. I respect him and have looked up to him for a long time too. I've met him, hung out with him and bought quality parts from him, he's a great guy, very nice, totally professional and the blokes got skills you only wish you had fraction of. You don't know crap and that's why you hide behind a computer screen. blah blah blah I'm done with your b!tch fest on my thread that I posted to see how much interest there would be for a Yosh style set up for the 75-77 CB400f. I didn't post this thread for you're bs.

I'm going to let the CB400 parts he makes speak for themselves. I'll even see if he'll do a dyno run too when I drop the stock bike off for him. If not I'll do one on my own just to shut your ignorant pie hole.

Moderator, will you please close and delete this thread "Retro Rocket" and others have tainted it with their utter stupidity and ignorance.

Just be careful the little mistake they are warning you about could cost a life and that's not a little mistake in my book.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 03:48:21 pm »

OMG! I just pissed myself because I was thinking the same thing!!  ;D ;D
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 04:15:46 pm »
Ruh Roh, looks like somebody has been drinking a little too much of the Crapy Kool-Aid!!!
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F