Author Topic: my new invention!! should i produce these? blinker grips bar end directionals  (Read 8805 times)

Offline flatlander

• Old Timer
2 birds with 1 stone - two marketing opportunities with a single product ;)
frankenstuff you're a genius!

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
I need to find a photographer that has a sweet bicycle and a rad motorbike, so I can send them one set of grips for pics.

Yo flatlander!

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Mail List Member #162 - Call me Stan
I think having the LED inside the hand could be distracting for the rider, and the light dissipates by the time it gets to the end, where it's needed for visability.   I would suggest having the LEDs in a protruded end(about the size of handlebar weights).

Most states that have a safety inspection require lighting to be DOT approved.  We had problems when I worked in a Honda dealer, selling aftermarket turn signals, because they wouldn't pass inspection because they didn't have the DOT approval markings.  Some inspectors wouldn't check, but state troopers would ticket if pulled over.

Over all, I like the idea. 
Go metric, every inch of the way!

CB350F0  "Scrouching Tiger"
CT70K0    "Sneezing Poodle"

www.alexandriaseaport.org

• Master
OK. Well I will still make the clear ones and push for bicycles, I can just do the same treatment with the led ring but on the end. The wires can just run right down the inside of the bars. I see bar end blinkers on eBay for $25-$50 from china....buzz kill. I hate making stuff for myself at minimum wage...or below.

I could just engrave " for of road use only" on the grips right?

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
Or branch out into the adult industry mate.
What about some sort of device to fit on the rear shocks for indication purposes? Slipover shrouds or something.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:42:43 pm by LesterPiglet »
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Draw and drawer. Could care less/couldn't care less. Bought/brought FFS.

Les Ross.            Certified by a Professional

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
Well, you could.  It just wouldn't get me out of a ticket.

I don't know what it would take, but getting DOT approval and U.S. made could be an advantage over imported junk.

• Master
And FCC regulations? I think this might be another dead end product, novelty. I need an idea that can replace the side covers as a part time job. Maybe I should just offer my machining and prototype mold making services for OTHER peoples ideas. I get paid whether its a did or not.

Anyone need anything 3d printed, machined or molded? I can make rubber, plastic, alloy, fiberglass,....chocolate......candles. ?

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
What possibly could the FCC have to do with this idea?

• Master
I see that label on anything digital.

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
Any device that has any type of timing circuit(as well as others) will have a crystal that can emit RF, and therefore needs FCC approval.  A simple LED circuit, not a factor.

• Master
But it will....the motorcycle version is just two wires to an led ring, the bicycle version will have a litiom battery with button. Wireless .

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline KrautKoffin

• Hot Shot
Hahahah
74 cb550
I now have Beastie Boys "Sabotage" stuck in my head after seeing your avatar.

Offline 333

• Time for change
  • Really Old Timer ...
But it will....the motorcycle version is just two wires to an led ring, the bicycle version will have a litiom battery with button. Wireless .

I think you misunderstand the term wireless.  In this context, the word "wireless" means some signal is transmitted from one point to another. What signal is being transmitted to the grip?  I'm thinking it's a simple circuit. An led ring, a battery, and a momentary contact push button, for each grip.  Left turn, hit the left grip button.

Wireless- receives a signal without wires
Cordless- receives power without wires

• Master
Kickstarter campaign???