Author Topic: Hello from south Texas  (Read 464 times)

Offline cJared3b

Hello from south Texas
« on: March 17, 2014, 08:19:42 pm »
Hello y'all, I'm Jared. I was recently given a 78 CB550 with the carbs, front brake assy, seat, tank and air box in pieces. I've got it mostly back together with the help of this forum. Been lurking for 2 and a half weeks now. I'm to the point where my questions aren't answered by searching anymore, so it's time to start contributing to the forum. I look forward to learning from y'all and getting this thing going.

Oh, my riding history began about 5 months ago(besides some dirt biking when I was a teenager). I bought an 09 Suzuki DR200se and learned to ride. Took a basic rider coarse shortly after and got my license the next day. I sold that bike a week after I was given this one. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
Re: Hello from south Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 06:56:31 am »
Welcome from Lake Travis! How far South are you?
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline cJared3b

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:38:22 am »
I'm down here in the arm pit of Texas....Corpus Christi.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:03 pm »
I'm down here in the arm pit of Texas....Corpus Christi.

Thought Dallas was the arm pit?! 

I used to like going to Corpus on business, 1 hour flight on a real small jet from Austin.
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline cJared3b

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 02:50:11 pm »
Haha, never been to the Dallas side of DFW. Corpus is a great place to visit, but there are better places to live.