Author Topic: Need new side cover painted Candy Gold to match original tank  (Read 675 times)

Offline HS

• Enthusiast
I've seen some good looking side covers available for sale (look to be aftermarket jobbies).  My right side cover is toast, held on with zip ties at this point.  I'd like to get a new one and have it painted to match the tank...maybe I'll get a spare and/or both side covers shot at the same time.  Any recommendations on how best to do this?  For example, someone still shooting this paint or something that matches darn close?

Thanks.

Sam

P.S.  I love my damn bike especially now that she's running  8)

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Need new side cover painted Candy Gold to match original tank
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:01:03 pm »
Ive seen some members post about "Dirt Bike Don" and the paint kits he sells. Apparently, they are VERY close to perfect originals.

Do a search for him above-
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline HS

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 06:18:30 pm »
Ive seen some members post about "Dirt Bike Don" and the paint kits he sells. Apparently, they are VERY close to perfect originals.

Do a search for him above-

Thanks, calj737.  I found Don Dirt Biker products at vintagehondapaint.com.  I can't paint worth a damn so what I need to do now is find someone in Houston that can lay down some candy.

Sam

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 06:25:32 pm »
Member Stev-o is in Texas and has a guy who does his paint. Maybe get in contact with him...
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

Offline HS

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 06:39:19 pm »
Member Stev-o is in Texas and has a guy who does his paint. Maybe get in contact with him...

That's a good call, Tews19.  Stev-o has been very helpful to me.  Thank you.

Sam