Author Topic: 750 k6 blinker question  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Chromps

750 k6 blinker question
« on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:50 pm »
Apologies if this has been discussed, I've looked around the forums a little bit and couldn't seem to find anyone with this issue. 

When I move the switch to the left and right, the blinkers flash until they hit the full stop position and then the lights go solid again.  If I move the blinker switch back towards the center just a little bit, they will start blinking again.  I've replaced the relay, but that did not seem to fix the problem.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to start with this one.  I was thinking about taking the switch housing apart and checking to make sure all the connections are solid in there.

Thanks

DH

Re: 750 k6 blinker question
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:54:59 pm »
Apologies if this has been discussed, I've looked around the forums a little bit and couldn't seem to find anyone with this issue. 

When I move the switch to the left and right, the blinkers flash until they hit the full stop position and then the lights go solid again.  If I move the blinker switch back towards the center just a little bit, they will start blinking again.  I've replaced the relay, but that did not seem to fix the problem.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to start with this one.  I was thinking about taking the switch housing apart and checking to make sure all the connections are solid in there.

Thanks

That's where I'd start. Excercise care with small parts and note carefully the order and orientation of EVERYTHING. Clean out any crud. (sounds like dry/dirty contact). Make sure the wire connectors inside the head light housing that are signal related are not corroded if the switch checks out..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:58:39 pm by DH »