Author Topic: CB350F exhaust gasket suggestions?  (Read 659 times)

Offline superthegoose

CB350F exhaust gasket suggestions?
« on: April 12, 2014, 05:23:18 pm »
Let's hear 'em.

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
Re: CB350F exhaust gasket suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:32:23 pm »
Buy some.   ;)
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Draw and drawer. Could care less/couldn't care less. Bought/brought FFS.

Les Ross.            Certified by a Professional

Offline Nick0

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:35:05 pm »

Buy some.   ;)
I'll second that idea, worked great for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline superthegoose

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 06:10:53 pm »
Vesrah? NE? Copper? Felt? OEM? Does it even make enough of a difference?

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 07:01:00 pm »
I have always used copper just because they were the first ones that cropped up when I went shopping. I wouldn't care who makes them.
Felt?
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Draw and drawer. Could care less/couldn't care less. Bought/brought FFS.

Offline Nick0

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 07:04:25 pm »
I have only used the ones that are aluminum with the paper insides but I would think copper would be the way to go because if I'm thinking correctly you should be able to anneal and reuse those right? Or is that only done on  copper head gaskets ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 07:10:09 pm »
No. The copper is formed into a tube structure that gets deformed when the clamps are tightened. I've reused mine many times. When you take the pipes off they are usually jammed tight in the heads so are perfeclty formed to make a seal.They only cost pennies anyway.

Offline superthegoose

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 11:18:08 am »
@LesterPiglet Sorry, I wrote that quickly while at work and didn't really think much on it. By felt, I was referring to these gaskets I see online that look like they are lined with some cloth material, maybe it's cotton? Looks kinda like pipe cleaner, but hard to tell.

Where can I score some of those copper crush gaskets? I can't seem to find any online that fit the CB350F. Would CB400 gaskets fit? I'd also like to only spend a few bucks per gasket here, if possible.

If it comes down to it, I'll just grab the aluminum ones. I was mostly just wondering if it made any real difference.

Thanks.

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:59:08 am by LesterPiglet »