Author Topic: CB750f Radiator only no oil tank  (Read 748 times)

Offline merdenoms

CB750f Radiator only no oil tank
« on: April 30, 2014, 02:24:19 pm »
Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum but I use it regularly (only reading) till now...

I wanted to know your toughts on placing a radiator on my CB750F 76 and eliminating the oil tank.  Kind of using the radiator as the oil tank. I know the oil tank removal has already been discussed over here but I cant find anything on removing the oil tank and plcing a radiator instead.
Im using a CycleX camshaft CX4. So what are the chances I will be blowing out my engine or still be able to ride around with decent temps?

Im considering a nighthawk Radiator or the biggest I cant fit.

Any suggestions will be aprecciated

Thanks!  :D

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Re: CB750f Radiator only no oil tank
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:12:15 pm »
I'm not sure why you would want to do this but I'm sure it would be counter productive.
If you mounted a rad big enough to hold enough oil in the conventional place....like in front of the down tubes, you would restrict the air flow to the air cooled cylinders and head.
When the motor starts to overheat from lack of air flow, the oil temps will go sky high and what do you think will be coming out of the back of the radiator, you've guessed it, red hot air. Not a good idea but welcome to our corner. ;)

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline NalleyRacing

• Hot Shot
  • 1972 Cb750K dragbike Instagram: Drag_racer736
Re: CB750f Radiator only no oil tank
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »