Author Topic: Need pictures of fuel lines for CB750  (Read 699 times)

Offline MarkMadness

Need pictures of fuel lines for CB750
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:12:49 am »
Hi all,

I'm putting together a 1974 tank with 1976 carbs (on a 1977 CB750 bike).

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to find any decent pictures of what the fuel lines look like with the 1974 dual feed petcock.

After digging through the forums, I think I've come to the conclusion that each petcock line should go to one of the inlets on the carb that feeds a pair (one dedicated line for 1 & 2 and another for carbs 3 & 4).  Since I'm a visual person, is there anybody out there that could post a pic of what their fuel line looks like for this tank and whether? 

Also, people seem to say that a fuel filter isn't necessary because there is a bowl in the petcock that does this already.  However, I don't really trust this tank 100% and would feel better adding an in-line fuel filter.  Would this cause any problems?

As usual, thanks for the help,
Mark

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
Re: Need pictures of fuel lines for CB750
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:49:31 am »
Mark, I am not able to take a picture now, but you are correct in your assumption - 1 line feeds 1+2 and the second line feeds 3+4. 

It is recommended to lead the hose down and level but not up, the carb stay plate sometimes have holes in it to feed the hose through between 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 carburetors.

For carburated engine the petcock bowl is all you need, it works well and is easy to clean.  I had problems trusting my tank too - it had some old-gas-turned-garnish in it when I got it, but there is little space under the tank for filters and even though I got some inline filters I was never able to install them to my full satisfaction.

I have in my shop F engine in K frame with early carbs installed, I will snap a picture for you if nobody pitches in before afternoon.

Edit: found a picture in my build thread - not the best, but thats all for now
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:52:43 am by 70CB750 »

Offline MarkMadness

Re: Need pictures of fuel lines for CB750
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:55:23 am »
Love the yellow fuel lines!

Anyways, thanks for the pics.  Although they aren't super clear, at least it gives me something to go off.

Mark