Author Topic: Things to check after first ride  (Read 789 times)

Offline Onthestrand4

• Just Passin' Through
Things to check after first ride
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:02 am »
    Hey guys.
So last fall my bike died on me and a simple carb clean turned somehow into a 7 month rebuild where I took everything off the bike except the engine (which ran fine). I yet finished up getting her back together and she fired right up. Took her for a few rides, runs great and the new (hagon) rear whocks and rebuilt front shocks make it feel like a whole different bike.( in a great way) I was wondering if any of you rebuild experts out there had a list of things to check (torque values amount other things) after the first few test rides (~20 miles) any help is greatly appreciated!

Onthestrand4

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: Things to check after first ride
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:01:30 pm »
The only critical parts are to check the suspension mounting bolts for proper torque since you removed/installed them. This would include: triple tree, fork tube clamps, swing arm, axles, and of course, rear shock mounts (upper and lower). Lastly, double check the tension on your chain.

From a purely maintenance perspective, observe anything fuel related for drips, leaks or seepage.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Onthestrand4

• Just Passin' Through
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:11:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where to find a table of torque values for the bike? Can find a comprehensive list anywhere.

Offline Deltarider

• Really Old Timer ...
  • First round...
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:48:25 pm »
Do you know where to find a table of torque values for the bike?
Would you mind telling us what bike?
CB500K2-ED Excel black
"There is enough for everyone's need but not enough for anybody's greed."

Offline Onthestrand4

• Just Passin' Through
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 02:18:13 pm »
Yeah sorry it's a 750 k4.