Author Topic: cb750 chop Fork oil.  (Read 933 times)

Bob H

cb750 chop Fork oil.
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:35:44 am »
Hello!
Just got the 1977 chop an MOT but with a long list of bad points! one of which was the fork action which the tester picked up for not having a great deal of return when pushed down with the front brake on, if he had been the one riding it to the test I reckon he would have failed it as it had quite a bit of vibration & a slip/skip around a pot hole on a roundabout.
I acquired the bike before Christmas & have spent loads of happy time  rectifying the problems you get when a bike has spent a few years in a back garden, however the forks were in good condition, not bent & only needed oil, seals & a good clean out & seemed to work well off of the bike.
However because of the extended forks & fork angle & not knowing exactly what CB750 forks they are I was unsure how much oil to put in.
The frame is very well made & I can't believe the bike was designed to handle so bad.
Any ideas?
Has any one any advice please?

supersport_CB400F

Re: cb750 chop Fork oil.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:46:17 am »
Put a set of good stock forks on the bike, get the MoT cert and then swap them back.

Bob H

Re: cb750 chop Fork oil.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 04:29:49 am »
I got the MOT, the tester was a good one ( depending on your point of view?).
The problem is I don't particularly feel safe or comfortable with the forks as they are & there can't be much wrong with them unless the fork length or angle is changing the way they operate ?