Author Topic: VJMC National Rally: Spring Mill State Park: Mitchell IN: 6/26 to 28th.  (Read 943 times)

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
I just got back from this event. Thought I'd give a report.
Facilities: Turns out VJMC was here 2 years ago and liked it so much, they came back. Nestled in or near the Hoosier Natl Forest, beautiful scenery and great riding. No need to go into geography and history, go here:
http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2968.htm
The Inn has a convention room that handled the 150+ attendees for meetings and meals, which were very good. That comes from my wife and she wouldn't lie about such.  Convention room has a glass wall on the forest side.

Activities: Thurs PM: Meet and Greet, Meal: Fri AM Tiddlers (less than 200cc) Parade around the front drive, tour the park roads, park back at the circle drive for People's Choice BEst of Class. Won by a like new C70 PAssport. No good picture :(

Like this but better and without the wig:

More tiddlers:

Fri PM: swim, banquet, patio party.
Sat: Casual rides to various destinations. 11-3 Peoples Choice for all classes.

Lots of good cafe's, underrepresented in my pics. How  about this dustbin sport tourer. Odd but nicely doe.

Oh yeah, I was entered too, and won the costume, er custom class. The closest competitioin was a 91 Nighthawk that had been turboed, stretched, chromed and lowered. REal nice paint too. Got lots of looks, I was ready to concede, but prevailed  :D
Sat PM: banquet, awards, patio party. NExt year in Helen GA, Mid June. Then back to Springmill.
People: These were some of the greatest people you could meet. I was there with my wife who had already let me know she would be no help unloading the bike. Many saw me using my cane and before I could ask, there was help galore. I didn't even lay a hand, heck I didn't even supervise. They took it down, put it up, and repositioned it in line when need be. Even put the cover on. I couldn't do anything except look pitiful and smile. Re met some people from when I belonged years ago. I'll be participating with them as I can. Great Fun.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:17:29 pm by MCRider »
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline petercb750

• Master
Excellent, and some....er....interesting bikes!
Thanks for sharing!
Peter.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)