Author Topic: team greatlakes area  (Read 32119 times)

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
Re: team greatlakes area
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2014, 02:43:27 am »
I'll be ready to ride Thursday afternoon or Friday morning!

MJ
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2014, 03:05:06 am »
Where do you guys want to go?
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2014, 03:47:41 am »
Art what time do you think you will be in Toledo where we went last year???
don't buy it build it

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2014, 12:01:02 pm »
Toledo?  Don't drink the water!!

Well, someone had to say it! ;D
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2014, 01:50:57 pm »
guess that means I can't wash my bike there,not that I wash it anyway
don't buy it build it

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2014, 01:52:21 pm »
talked to art,he is hoping to be I Toledo around 4pm.where do you guys want to meet up and when???????
don't buy it build it

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »
make that 2-2;30
don't buy it build it

Offline artsqu

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »

I hope to be at the resort probably around 1pm on Thursday. Will call you in the morning to confirm the meeting if you guys a riding there. Attached is a link to the resort with directions where we were last year.
www.maumeebaystateparklodge.com

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2014, 05:55:13 pm »
I wouldn't be able to make that meeting as I will still be at work Art.  Where would you be going next?  I should be done with work by 4:30.  Would you be heading back to Detroit by then?

MJ
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2014, 07:20:08 pm »

I hope to be at the resort probably around 1pm on Thursday. Will call you in the morning to confirm the meeting if you guys a riding there. Attached is a link to the resort with directions where we were last year.
www.maumeebaystateparklodge.com
I can meet you guys there, but what is everyones' plans after that?  Looks like I am the guy to move "Zilla onward to Wisconsin?  Anyone else want to ride.  I would like to take the ferry across lake Michigan to Milwaukee, but that may not be good for everyone as it is expensive...but may be able to get a deal for one or two other guys from a good friend that works for the ferry service....or....is anybody wanting to do that long beautiful U.P. ride?  Thoughts?  Ideas?  We have got til the 20th to get 'Zilla to Old Scrambler.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2014, 07:34:07 pm »
the only day I can ride is sat the 9th.can meet up somewhere,ride for a while and head home after that.would love to ride the UP but time and money won't let that happen Sean if you want I/we can bring PZ sat morn west and meet you half way(lansing??) hand off to you or if you have any ideas??
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:36:22 pm by dave the welder »
don't buy it build it

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2014, 07:53:21 pm »
the only day I can ride is sat the 9th.can meet up somewhere,ride for a while and head home after that.would love to ride the UP but time and money won't let that happen Sean if you want I/we can bring PZ sat morn west and meet you half way(lansing??) hand off to you or if you have any ideas??
that could work, and would give a chance tosome of the west side of the state guys who may have little time to get involved like Old School, Ekpent, Grepper etc..  Another additional option, I have some buddies that are doing a big group ride around the thumb this weekend but they are younger chopper guys...it may not be the best idea for us to stick with these hipster posers too strictly but I would be cool with being in their general vicinity for eating, drinking, and after ride hangin' with these brothers from a different motorcycle mother.  Then I could head back to the w. side and get 'Zilla to Wisconsin probably next weekend.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:48 am »
when will you be here on sat and are you coming from the south and going north around thumb or the other way north to south
don't buy it build it

Offline The other Derek

• Merely an
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2014, 05:50:57 am »
I'd like to try to make the ride down to meet Art and Ken on Thursday.  What time are you planning on leaving Dave?  Is anyone else meeting up with you?

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2014, 08:07:22 am »
I won't be leaving my house til at least noon.anybody that's riding Thursday where do you want to meet up???it will be hauling ass to get to Maumee Ohio by 1pm to meet up with Art..was wondering how about we ALL meet someware and ride to first rest stop on I75 just north of ohio.we can get there about 2ish and we can  leave about 2;30 ish to ride back to Detroit with art???
don't buy it build it

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:14 am »
It looks like I am going to miss this year's run, although if the group (or just Sean) end's up coming down around the Lake and around Chicago I would happily meet up in my MG.

Somebody should also PM Tews with the timing as I know he was interested in participating this year.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2014, 10:14:40 am »
Bike has fresh oil, inspection, and brakes rebuilt and is ready to go, a couple buddies are going to ride along with me, looking forward to seeing Art and Ken again.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline Kevin D

• Old Timer
  • SE Michigan
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2014, 01:15:44 pm »
Trying trying trying, I havent missed yet, but Wednesday no, thur/fri not likely, saturday maybe, Sunday no. thanks for all the updates, please keep posting and I'll jump in when/if I can.
71 CB750 K1
100,000 miles
Original Owner
———past———
70 SL100/125/150
70 Candy BlueGreen CB 750 K0
————————————————-
Former Honda parts kid/counter kid/do all
—————————————————————-
Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right
Genius is 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2014, 01:57:03 pm »
that could work, and would give a chance tosome of the west side of the state guys who may have little time to get involved like Old School, Ekpent, Grepper etc..  Another additional option, I have some buddies that are doing a big group ride around the thumb this weekend but they are younger chopper guys...it may not be the best idea for us to stick with these hipster posers too strictly but I would be cool with being in their general vicinity for eating, drinking, and after ride hangin' with these brothers from a different motorcycle mother.  Then I could head back to the w. side and get 'Zilla to Wisconsin probably next weekend.

I don't want to miss out on this Guys!  The only full days I have will be Friday and Sunday.  Saturday I have to be in Flint in the evening for that Birthday party.  I could meet Dave and ride with him to the hand off with Sean.  Maybe ride out again on Sunday. Would you be heading back home Sean?

MJ
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2014, 05:58:36 pm »
Art and Ken, I will see you about 1:00 in Burton, Ohio.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:28 pm »

I don't want to miss out on this Guys!  The only full days I have will be Friday and Sunday.  Saturday I have to be in Flint in the evening for that Birthday party.  I could meet Dave and ride with him to the hand off with Sean.  Maybe ride out again on Sunday. Would you be heading back home Sean?

MJ

any of that can work MJ, I also would like to have a possible get together for W. Michigan guys sometime next week (mon 8/11-fri 8/16) or you could maybe ride with me to the ferry in Muskegon probably sat. 8/17.

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2014, 08:04:32 pm »
Sean my wife works Monday Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. I have my annual Fantasy Football on the 16th. I wouldn't mind meeting you all up for a ride to Dennis'. If you come through Milwaukee please let me know.
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2014, 08:09:37 pm »
Sean my wife works Monday Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. I have my annual Fantasy Football on the 16th. I wouldn't mind meeting you all up for a ride to Dennis'. If you come through Milwaukee please let me know.
Tews, looks like I will be in Milwaukee sat 8/16 and sun 8/17.  That's my tentative plan right now, anyway.  Would be great to have you lead the way to Old Scrambler.

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2014, 08:12:42 pm »
Do you have a place to stay Saturday?  I could do Sunday if I'm not to hung over. We have done this draft for 8 years and sometimes it ends up being a late night.
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2014, 08:18:15 pm »
Do you have a place to stay Saturday?  I could do Sunday if I'm not to hung over. We have done this draft for 8 years and sometimes it ends up being a late night.
probably staying with friends but I may take you up on your offer if they are busy...I will be hungover too!   We are talking about Milwaukee, afterall.