Author Topic: Collar / Spacer Rear Wheel Identification  (Read 2260 times)

Offline heyitsrama

• Enthusiast
Collar / Spacer Rear Wheel Identification
« on: August 20, 2014, 01:17:48 pm »
Howdy,

Was super stocked this morning about putting the wheels back together but found out that I'm missing a spacer/collar, so after around 2 hours of wasted time looking for it, decided to ask the professionals here.

The spacer that I have is 32mm length, wide Diameter 38mm, thin diameter 34mm

But i don't know which one it is because there are two on the bike, parts 5 or 12 on the diagram.

I guess i also need to locate the missing part, does anyone know a seller?

Offline robvangulik

• Honda Fourever
  • Expert
Re: Collar / Spacer Rear Wheel Identification
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:49:26 pm »
The one you have is the spacer located in the chain wheel carrier, #4 and 5 are rubber dampers between carrier and hub, #6 sits between carrier and swingarm and you need another one between drumbrake and swingarm.

Offline heyitsrama

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 02:13:11 pm »
The one you have is the spacer located in the chain wheel carrier, #4 and 5 are rubber dampers between carrier and hub, #6 sits between carrier and swingarm and you need another one between drumbrake and swingarm.

Ah i just realized that it was a 6 not a 5 on the diagram, yeah i have all the rubber pieces installed already. So the part that I need is number 12, which is called a "distance collar B?"

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:20:28 pm »
If you have lost #12, I may have a spare. Let me know and I'll pull one out for you.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline heyitsrama

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 03:06:48 pm »
ahahah i can't figure out which one i have nothing to compare to? Possible that you can get dimensions for what you have?

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 03:42:03 pm »
I'll try to get them tonight before I turn in. They're conveniences sitting in a plastic bag on huge floor of the garage having just disassembled an entire rear and front wheel for powder coating yesterday.

It might help me, if you can indicate which parts you know you have, or those you think you don't. Are we just down to 6 or 12?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline heyitsrama

• Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »
I'll try to get them tonight before I turn in. They're conveniences sitting in a plastic bag on huge floor of the garage having just disassembled an entire rear and front wheel for powder coating yesterday.

It might help me, if you can indicate which parts you know you have, or those you think you don't. Are we just down to 6 or 12?

yeah its just down to 6 or 12, the one that I have is 32mm in length, ill finish off the front tire today just to make sure i have everything.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:14:43 pm »
So you once got part #6 and that installs from the back side of number 20/22.

Part #12 is 24mm in OAL, and you might double check that it's not still installed in your bearing, part #25. It was on mine even after disassembly, and I had to "notice" the shaft length protruding just a bit thru bearing to find it. Of course, mines covered in grease and dirt which am it no easier... :-\

I've got a whole other rear wheel if you're jammed that I can pull down and send to you for expedience.

Offline heyitsrama

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 09:51:05 pm »
Ill shoot you a PM. Thx calj