Author Topic: Need help. Cylinder head cover won't go back on. '80 cb650 custom  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Nola504life

Hey all! Here is the situation, after doing a valve adjustment I went for a test run. The bike wouldn't go over 60 it was acting like it was governed  RPM's just wouldn't Rev up. I pulled over and well in nutrule it would Rev up no issues, I started noticing white smoke wafting out of all 4 pipes during a few revs an orange like smoke came out intermittently of the white, then a load tapping started so I turned the bike off and i got it towed home. I removed the valve adjustment covers and noticed the #2 intake and #3 exhaust tappet screws and nuts had come out. I pulled the cylinder covers off and found them with no damage to screws or nuts except a few scuffs on one nut. No damage visible in cylinder head area. When getting the screws in and loosening all tappet screws out I put the cylinder head cover back on and it won't go on. The 2 intake rocker arm is preventing it. I will add here that I forgot to put it at TDC before taking off the cylinder head cover. If I put it at TDC now the #3 exhaust arm is preventing it from going all the way on. I'm lost on what could be going on.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:38:05 am by Nola504life »