Author Topic: Senior project for high school - 78 CB750K  (Read 169512 times)

Offline oldhatt45

• The person called in at the last minute to share the blame is the...
  • Expert
  • Just an Old Guy that's gone to the Dogs
Re: Senior project for high school - 78 CB750K
« Reply #675 on: February 15, 2015, 06:48:28 pm »
Ron,

Baby face will be very puppy like for another 1.5 to 2 years.  LOL  (ask me how I know!)  And will always be the Boss.  :))

As far as the Top Race goes, it will be a little above the top of the stem.
Look at page 13 of the attached document (originally by Kirkn).

Also, take a look at my build thread regarding the space at the top of the fork ears.  (Page 5 reply 101) and this thread as well. http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=1516.550  (Page 23 reply 550).  It shows the top retaining nut.  If you look at yours, it will have a ridge that will need to be ground off so it's smooth like the one in the picture (reply 550).  Then there will be no space above the fork ears.  :)

Charlie

Offline Restoration Fan

• My wife will never call me
  • Master
« Reply #676 on: February 15, 2015, 07:08:33 pm »
Thanks a ton, Charlie!  That is indeed very helpful. 
Logan's out of school this week so I'll put him to work on that with the Dremel as soon as he wakes up tomorrow.  So...probably about 3 pm  ;)

Ron

Stella - Logan's Senior Project    78 750K http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=141761.0

Logan's Reward - CB500 and CB550 Cafes    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,147787.0.html

Offline AintNoEasyWay

• Hot Shot
« Reply #677 on: February 15, 2015, 07:20:26 pm »
Top race should stick up a bit. If you check out the hack a week episode where he installs steering bearings, he mentions/shows this.

Offline oldhatt45

• Expert
« Reply #678 on: February 16, 2015, 04:43:02 am »
Ron,

Sorry, I forgot to attach the document.
Here it is. 

Charlie

Offline Bill/BentON Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ex Honda Service Manager, Cert. Honda Tech - Racer
    • BentON Racing
« Reply #679 on: February 16, 2015, 04:49:03 am »
Yes on race sticking up a little. Uh oh, another Cal  demerit, forgot to tell you!  Haha. Lol, you guys are doing fine, .......helpers never showed, unloaded wood by myself ! It's all good,  Bill
BabyFace is Dobe #4. Great dogs, last two lasted 12 and 12.5 years. So loyal and loveable. K. ;D
BentON Racing Website
OEM Parts | Service | Custom Builds
BentON Racing Facebook
Over 35 years of experience working on vintage motorcycles, with a speciality in Honda SOHC/4 with a focus on the CB750 and other models as well from 1966 - 1985.
1993 HRC RS125 | 1984 NS400R | 1974 Honda CB750/836cc (Calendar Girl) | 1972 CB 500/550 Yoshi Kitted 590cc | 1965 Honda CB450 Black Bomber | 1972 Suzuki T350 | 1973 88cc | Z50/Falcons Pit Bike | 1967 CA100| 1974 CB350 (400F motor)...and more.

Offline oldhatt45

• Expert
« Reply #680 on: February 16, 2015, 05:13:49 am »
Bill,

You are so right!  I have 3.  The Boy in my avatar, and 2 girls (7 & 2.5).
But sometimes it gets crowded with 5 of us in bed.  LOL

Ron and Logan are doing a Great Job.  I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Charlie 

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #681 on: February 16, 2015, 06:13:43 am »
Yes on race sticking up a little. Uh oh, another Cal  demerit, forgot to tell you!  Haha. Lol, you guys are doing fine, .......helpers never showed, unloaded wood by myself ! It's all good,  Bill
BabyFace is Dobe #4. Great dogs, last two lasted 12 and 12.5 years. So loyal and loveable. K. ;D
I TRIED to get you to let us help unload that trailer! :) 

We're still available if you wanna go get that second load.  Logan's out of school all week so just let me know.

Ron

Stella - Logan's Senior Project    78 750K http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=141761.0

Logan's Reward - CB500 and CB550 Cafes    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,147787.0.html

• Really Old Timer ...
    • BentON Racing
« Reply #682 on: February 16, 2015, 12:53:50 pm »
Well, I should have !!!
BentON Racing Website
BentON Racing Facebook
Over 35 years of experience working on vintage motorcycles, with a speciality in Honda SOHC/4 with a focus on the CB750 and other models as well from 1966 - 1985.
1993 HRC RS125 | 1984 NS400R | 1974 Honda CB750/836cc (Calendar Girl) | 1972 CB 500/550 Yoshi Kitted 590cc | 1965 Honda CB450 Black Bomber | 1972 Suzuki T350 | 1973 88cc | Z50/Falcons Pit Bike | 1967 CA100| 1974 CB350 (400F motor)...and more.

Offline NobleHops

• Don ya be callin' me no
  • Expert
  • Misfit - Tucson, Arizona
« Reply #683 on: February 17, 2015, 06:21:56 am »
Ron,

OK, so how old is Baby Face????
Looks like a Dobe????
And the picture in my avatar is my Boy, Razor.  9 yrs old (88 lbs), coming over an A-Frame with all 4 feet in the air.  :)

Charlie

Charlie,
Baby Face is a Doberman indeed.  I think Bill said he was almost 3 years old.  He's still puppy-like with all the energy he has but he lives a very good life; he's the boss of the house!

Well, we got the triple tree on finally after a lot of help with Bill to get the old bottom race off.  Then he used his handy/dandy Honda bearing driver tool to drive that bottom bearing and washer down onto the bottom of the tree.  Once we got home, Logan and I used another tool he loaned us to install the races into the neck and then got the tree installed.  Turns very smoothly.  Question:  should the top race go completely inside the neck because ours is sticking up just a tiny bit.  Should we take that top tree back off and drive that race on down into the neck farther?

Bill also showed us how he uses an extra handlebar and master cylinder rig that he has to force the piston and brake pad out of the side with the hydraulic nipple.  I had tried using air but it wasn't forcing the brake pad out.  Came right out with the hydraulic assistance.

So once we got the brake calipers home, we spent 2 hours cleaning and cleaning and cleaning....and more cleaning the inside of the cavity to make sure it's perfectly clean in there.  Then we cleaned up the outside, taped off the parts that shouldn't be painted and applied some VHT Hi-Temp black paint to them.  They're about to go into the oven soon to set the paint. (Yes, the rubber o-ring is out of there so there shouldn't be anything in it that can't stand 200 degree heat for 20 minutes.)

Rear rim was supposed to arrive from Buchanan's tomorrow, per UPS, but I just received an updated email that the new expected delivery date is Tuesday between 11:15 am and 3:15 pm.  So I'm thinking that Wednesday, Stella may get to wear her new shoes for the first time. 

Logan just went over to a friend's house with his buddies to watch the NBA All-Star game but before he left, he told me, "It's getting exciting!  Starting to look like a motorcycle again!"   

:'(  I'm a happy dad!  Bill, if you read this...thank you!!!  I don't know what we'd do without your help.

Ron,

Do you have a Dremel with a brass brush? Reason I ask is that I've never been able to get the caliper seal groove clean without one. Chuck up the brass brush, and run it around that seal groove a few times and I guarantee you a nice little cloud of dried brake fluid will emerge.
Nils Menten * Tucson, Arizona, USA

I have a motorcycle problem.

My build thread: NobleHops makes a 400F pretty for his wife: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=131210.0

Offline AintNoEasyWay

• Hot Shot
« Reply #684 on: February 17, 2015, 07:24:39 am »
Ron, here are a few photos of my PAMCO coils with the bolts, nuts, & spacers I used. I can't recall if the spacers came with the PAMCO kit already; I believe they did. Let me know if/how yours is different than mine & maybe we can figure it out. I just went to Lowe's & grabbed the appropriate bolts/nuts if I recall. I used one bolt that has thread only on the end to go through the back of the coils, & a screw which is threaded all the way up to the head, for the front of the coils because it has to screw through the frame.

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #685 on: February 17, 2015, 07:44:23 am »
Nate,
Thank you!!

That definitely confirms what I was thinking on how to mount them...ie, they do use the sub-bracket. 
Any chance you could get a photo from the underside (if that's even possible) to show how they're connecting to the sub-bracket?  Because I think that's the part where I'm going to have to go to someplace like Lowe's to buy a bolt/nut combo to connect the new coil to the sub-bracket.

The PAMCO kit includes 4 long bolts and 4 spacers.  I think I'll only need 2 of their bolts (with all 4 spacers) to connect the sub-bracket to the actual frame itself.  But I'm going to need something smaller than the bolts they sent to bolt the coils onto the sub-bracket...partly because they're too long and partly because the bolts' diameter is slightly larger than the holes in the sub-bracket.
Ron

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #686 on: February 18, 2015, 10:58:55 am »
Today, Stella will begin learning her first Italian word.  Pronounce it slowly, Stella .....P-I-R-E-L-L-I. 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:34:17 pm by Restoration Fan »
Ron

Offline AintNoEasyWay

• Hot Shot
« Reply #687 on: February 18, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »
Nate,
Thank you!!

That definitely confirms what I was thinking on how to mount them...ie, they do use the sub-bracket. 
Any chance you could get a photo from the underside (if that's even possible) to show how they're connecting to the sub-bracket?  Because I think that's the part where I'm going to have to go to someplace like Lowe's to buy a bolt/nut combo to connect the new coil to the sub-bracket.

The PAMCO kit includes 4 long bolts and 4 spacers.  I think I'll only need 2 of their bolts (with all 4 spacers) to connect the sub-bracket to the actual frame itself.  But I'm going to need something smaller than the bolts they sent to bolt the coils onto the sub-bracket...partly because they're too long and partly because the bolts' diameter is slightly larger than the holes in the sub-bracket.

Wasn't able to get a better photo from under, but the photos above should show you how it's mounted to the sub-bracket. I used the spacers from PAMCO, two in the front which mount to the frame via the all thread (had to buy this at Lowe's because the PAMCO bolts aren't fullly thread, iirc) & then two to the bracket in the back. If your bracket is like mine, it can separate into two parts: left & right side, & has a hole through the bottom which I bought a new bolt & washer for (this bolt is only partially threaded on mine). Should be a quick fix after a trip to Lowe's. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:17:58 pm by AintNoEasyWay »

Offline knottedknickers

• Enthusiast
« Reply #688 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:32 pm »
Today, Stella will begin learning her first Italian word.  Pronounce it slowly, Stella .....P-I-R-E-L-L-I.
I take it you don't mention the 'D' word in her hearing (i.e., D-U-C-A-T-I)? :P
CB750 K6 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=141388.0

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data" (Borgmann 2002:5).

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #689 on: February 18, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »
I take it you don't mention the 'D' word in her hearing (i.e., D-U-C-A-T-I)? :P

Although I'm a Ducati admirer, Stella needs to learn to walk again before she tries to run!  ;)
Ron

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #690 on: February 18, 2015, 05:11:45 pm »

F-U-N-N-Y ;D

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #691 on: February 18, 2015, 09:20:35 pm »
Among many other things we got accomplished tonight, we assembled the non-brake side of the rear wheel.  At first, we had the wheel protector thingey painted black but when we saw that assembled, we said "Uh uh".

So we used the wire wheel on the grinder and ground the black off that sucker.  I'll get some silver or chrome paint for that tomorrow and we'll see how it looks that way.  It looks better with even just most of the black stripped off of it (the cordless drill ran out of juice and all 4 batteries were dead  >:(  ).

Tomorrow I pick up the front wheel with its tire on it and Stella gets to try on her new Italian dress shoes for the first time.  Had hoped to try and have it ready to crank sometime this weekend but unless we make some seriously quick work of the electrical stuff, I think that may be another week out.

Edited to add front wheel:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:34:34 pm by Restoration Fan »
Ron

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #692 on: February 19, 2015, 08:05:11 pm »
The thin black rod that connects to the underside of the swingarm.  What does the other end of this rod connect to?

Took the swing arm off and installed the center stand.  We remembered to install the rear brake pedal shaft....but forgot to put the spring on with it.  So in true Stella fashion, we will have to redo part of the install.  One thing we did learn though; you don't have to take the entire swingarm off to install this rear brake pedal.  You can just disconnect the top of the shock absorber and then lift the swingarm high enough to allow the pedal to slide through hole.  We'll have to do that tomorrow.

These parts were in the bag with the swingarm bits but the parts listing doesn't show them as part of that.  Logan seems to think he remembers removing the piece on the lift with the grooves and the nut & bolt as being part of the chain cover but it doesn't show on that parts list either.  Anyone know where these pieces go?

We did get the front wheel on though.  It's only partially hand-tightened at this point though because we need to order the 58x2 o-ring that goes behind the piece that attaches to the speedometer cable box.  The headlight ears are also just sitting loosely on the forks.  FridgeRaider was kind enough to mail me the rubber headlight stays that go on the top.  Those are supposed to be here soon...maybe tomorrow.  The bottom pieces I ordered off of eBay but they're coming from Germany.  Should be here sometime between next Thursday and March 6th.  :(  But we didn't want to have to wait until then to go ahead and work on the headlight and the wiring.  That's scheduled to happen this weekend right now.

We also got the rear wheel completely ready to go back on but we need to find the one little metal piece that goes over the inside part of the brake.  Logan remembers taking the old one off last week when he put the new brake pads on but is not sure where he put that piece.  So at least a portion of tomorrow will be spent cleaning up the workroom...getting organized and trying to find that piece.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:08:32 pm by Restoration Fan »
Ron

Offline madmtnmotors

• When did I get to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Sunny Central Florida
« Reply #693 on: February 20, 2015, 04:19:41 am »

The thin black rod that connects to the underside of the swingarm.  What does the other end of this rod connect to?

That would be the stay arm for the rear brake. It bolts to the bottom of the rear brake hub.

Took the swing arm off and installed the center stand.  We remembered to install the rear brake pedal shaft....but forgot to put the spring on with it.  So in true Stella fashion, we will have to redo part of the install.  One thing we did learn though; you don't have to take the entire swingarm off to install this rear brake pedal.  You can just disconnect the top of the shock absorber and then lift the swingarm high enough to allow the pedal to slide through hole.  We'll have to do that tomorrow.

That brake pedal pivot is upside down. The flange that connects to the brake rod needs to be pointing up. You will need to flip the brake rod over too (after rotating the brake pivot 180 degrees).

These parts were in the bag with the swingarm bits but the parts listing doesn't show them as part of that.  Logan seems to think he remembers removing the piece on the lift with the grooves and the nut & bolt as being part of the chain cover but it doesn't show on that parts list either.  Anyone know where these pieces go?

See that hole in the frame just above the brake pedal? That's where the piece of tin bolts to the frame, with the acorn nut on the outside of the frame. This provides a conduit for the drain tube off of the crankcase breather that lives under the battery tray. You will have to remove the swingarm to install this piece. You will also want to route the drain tube at the same time. It wraps around the front of the swingarm, through that little metal "conduit" and out towards the rear.

The little wire piece mounts under one of the centerstand pinch bolts and holds one or more drain tubes. Can't remember exactly, I'll have to look. Battery overflow? Fuel tank overflow? Both?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:59:08 am by madmtnmotors »
TAMTF...

Wilbur

Projects:
"Evolution": http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=100352.0
"P.O. Debacle": http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,126692.msg1441661.html#msg1441661
F2/F3 O-rings: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=113672.msg1300721#msg1300721
Cam Tower Studs: https://www.mcmaster.com/#93210a017/=t19sgp
Clean up that nasty harness: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=137351.msg1549191#msg1549191
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,148188.msg1688494.html#msg1688494
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,139544.msg1579364.html#msg1579364

Charging system diagnosis: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=1012.msg8345#msg8345
Get the manuals: http://manuals.sohc4.net/cb750k/
The Dragon: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.msg1571675#msg1571675
Headlight Switch: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=113986.msg1283236#msg1283236
Branden's leak free top end thread: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=107040.0
Engine Lifting Made Easy: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,58210.msg1684742.html#msg1684742
                                      http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,100352.msg1675840.html#msg1675840
Static and Dynamic Timing: http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/carb_info/timing/timing1.html
Airbox Gasket Replacement: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,114485.msg1290000.html#msg1290000
"Café" : http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,84697.msg953814.html#msg953814
PD Carb Choke Linkage: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,100352.msg1669248.html#msg1669248
                                    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,110931.msg1248354.html#msg1248354
                                    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,48858.msg515204.html#msg515204
Follow up on your damn posts: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,144305.msg1791605.html#msg1791605
Taiwanese Cam Chain Tensioners:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,155043.msg1774841.html#msg1774841
Gumtwo Seat Cover: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,164440.msg1897366.html#msg1897366
Primary Drive: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,166063.msg1919278.html#msg1919278
Tank Latch: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,165975.msg1919495.html#msg1919495
Shorten your forks: http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/How-to-shorten-forks-td4042465.html DO NOT CUT THE SPRINGS!
Clutch How To: http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/How-to-change-and-adjust-a-clutch-SOHC-td4040391.html
Late model K7/K8/F2/F3 front sprocket cover removal: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,178428.msg2072279.html#msg2072279
630 to 530 conversion: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180710.msg2094423.html#msg2094423

Sent from my Tandy TRS-80!

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #694 on: February 20, 2015, 04:35:30 am »
Excellent.  We'll put these to use tonight and tomorrow!

Thank you, Wilbur!
Ron

• Really Old Timer ...
    • BentON Racing
« Reply #695 on: February 20, 2015, 05:42:26 am »
Wilbur, don't tell 'em everything. , damn man I'll run low on libations!  ;D Good work, ain't it fun?  ;D Book tells it "all" ! Right!!! Lol, Bill
BentON Racing Website
BentON Racing Facebook

Offline AintNoEasyWay

• Hot Shot
« Reply #696 on: February 20, 2015, 05:51:10 am »
The little wire piece mounts under one of the centerstand pinch bolts and holds one or more drain tubes. Can't remember exactly, I'll have to look. Battery overflow? Fuel tank overflow? Both?[/size][/color]

Both.

Offline Restoration Fan

• Master
« Reply #697 on: February 20, 2015, 06:09:28 am »
Wilbur, don't tell 'em everything. , damn man I'll run low on libations!  ;D Good work, ain't it fun?  ;D Book tells it "all" ! Right!!! Lol, Bill

Hah.  Yeah right with the book.  It is a big help but the parts manual is giving us just about as much information and sometimes more.  Then of course there's the real advice givers...like you guys. 

It is fun though.  Frustrating at times because of our lack of experience when we realize that we've assembled something and that we should have put something else on first so we have to remove that assembly and do it again.  But the excitement that both of us are getting as we get closer and closer to being able to hear Stella purr again is growing. 

We had set a tentative goal of this weekend to be able to crank her up but I think we're now seeing that we're at least another week out for that.  We still have a lot of little small parts to hook up on the bike (like the rear brake indicator light, neutral light, etc) that will all need to be hooked into the electrical system....which we haven't even started on yet.  And the carbs are only disassembled, we haven't even started the process of fine tuning the cleaning of those and reassembling them. 

Of course, every time I go over to someone's house, that person who shall remain nameless (*cough* Bill *cough*) seems to always be working on carbs.  So at least we have someone with good experience around when we get to that point and need advice.  ;D
Ron

Offline callmejarob

• Enthusiast
« Reply #698 on: February 20, 2015, 07:30:17 am »
Man its coming along great and I am getting jealous!!  I havent been able to work on my bike for a few weeks between work, travel, and now I'm moving this weekend!  On the plus side though I am moving all of my motorcycle stuff from being stuffed in the garage and sunroom to a dedicated workshop space!

Keep up the great work!  This thread helps me so much when Im reassembling my own mess!

Offline madmtnmotors

• When did I get to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Sunny Central Florida
« Reply #699 on: February 20, 2015, 10:21:47 am »

That brake pedal pivot is upside down. The flange that connects to the brake rod needs to be pointing up. You will MIGHT need to flip the brake rod over too (after rotating the brake pivot 180 degrees).

Let me double check that observation...

The brake pedal pivot definitely needs to rotate 180, but the shape of the end of brake rod makes me wonder if it is shaped to clear the underside of the swingarm. Let me see how mine is oriented and I will follow up.
TAMTF...

Wilbur

Projects:
"Evolution": http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=100352.0
"P.O. Debacle": http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,126692.msg1441661.html#msg1441661
F2/F3 O-rings: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=113672.msg1300721#msg1300721
Cam Tower Studs: https://www.mcmaster.com/#93210a017/=t19sgp
Clean up that nasty harness: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=137351.msg1549191#msg1549191
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,148188.msg1688494.html#msg1688494
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,139544.msg1579364.html#msg1579364

Charging system diagnosis: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=1012.msg8345#msg8345
Get the manuals: http://manuals.sohc4.net/cb750k/
The Dragon: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.msg1571675#msg1571675
Headlight Switch: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=113986.msg1283236#msg1283236
Branden's leak free top end thread: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=107040.0
Engine Lifting Made Easy: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,58210.msg1684742.html#msg1684742
                                      http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,100352.msg1675840.html#msg1675840
Static and Dynamic Timing: http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/carb_info/timing/timing1.html
Airbox Gasket Replacement: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,114485.msg1290000.html#msg1290000
"Café" : http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,84697.msg953814.html#msg953814
PD Carb Choke Linkage: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,100352.msg1669248.html#msg1669248
                                    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,110931.msg1248354.html#msg1248354
                                    http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,48858.msg515204.html#msg515204
Follow up on your damn posts: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,144305.msg1791605.html#msg1791605
Taiwanese Cam Chain Tensioners:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,155043.msg1774841.html#msg1774841
Gumtwo Seat Cover: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,164440.msg1897366.html#msg1897366
Primary Drive: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,166063.msg1919278.html#msg1919278
Tank Latch: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,165975.msg1919495.html#msg1919495
Shorten your forks: http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/How-to-shorten-forks-td4042465.html DO NOT CUT THE SPRINGS!
Clutch How To: http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/How-to-change-and-adjust-a-clutch-SOHC-td4040391.html
Late model K7/K8/F2/F3 front sprocket cover removal: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,178428.msg2072279.html#msg2072279
630 to 530 conversion: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180710.msg2094423.html#msg2094423

Sent from my Tandy TRS-80!