Author Topic: Biggest bore in stock block with big sleeves???  (Read 6880 times)

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Biggest bore in stock block with big sleeves???
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 06:39:29 am »
Good fix Frank. I like the way people think around here.  8)

Offline Medyo Bastos

• Master
  • Gusto mo titi ko?
    • project
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 11:25:32 am »
Very nice!!! Thank you sir.

Did you do that because of the oversize studs?
Are you still draining down the studs as well?

Look like pretty big buckets - 73's?

72mm bore/1030cc. MTC pistons. RC steel rods, stock unlightened crank, F2 ported head with stock valves, titanium retainers, APE valve springs with RC327 cam.

was this only needed because of the f2 head and jugs?  i have a set of 73mm sleeves in a rc big block with an early head and didnt run into this dilemma

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 02:22:01 pm »
According to the Parts Manual, it started with CB750E-2352923 when they added the 8 additional knock pins and seals and was implemented on all subsequent K, A, and F engines.

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 03:04:49 pm »
The two internal drain studs next to the oversized sleeves are where most of the oil was leaking from initially. It got thin in that area from boring for the sleeves. Couldnt get the exopy in place to cure the problem. There are now Teflon seals/orings around all studs on top of the block. I also use silicone sealant under the drain studs seals.  Yeah, silicone, curse words to a real mechanic.

As to the RC block, I don't think it has cooling fins like the stock cylinder so no passage is there for leakage with the large sleeves.