Author Topic: engine bearing set rings...how many?  (Read 463 times)

JWExperience

engine bearing set rings...how many?
« on: January 16, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »
I can't find it in my manual or on this site and I'm about to put my cases back together right now. I have three set rings and not sure if I need six so can someone confirm that I have the proper amount. It's a 78 750f. Thanks.

JWExperience

Re: engine bearing set rings...how many?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:06:30 pm »
Disregard that, I figured it out but now when I test my transmission shifts prior to closing the cases, I can't get the gears to rotate all the way around without them stopping and the top row(clutch) starts to raise out of the top case. Almost like the gears are not compatible or I have the shift drum and forks installed wrong? Any insight would help

Scorching Earth and Setting Fire to the Rain!!!!

Offline Blackfin5

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:10:16 pm »
Kinda normal if I understand you correctly.  Even with cases together you may only be able to shift by hand down to first, up to neutral and maybe second.

JWExperience

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:52 pm »
Swapped my new gears onto the old countershaft and now it works properly. I noticed the new countershaft I bought with the new gears wouldn't seat properly into the inner bearing. Had to purchase a new set of gears because my old ones were missing teeth but I guess they were for a k model maybe. The gears lined up different and made them hit eachother which is why they jumped. Thanks for the response though

Scorching Earth and Setting Fire to the Rain!!!!