Author Topic: Throttle cable woes  (Read 903 times)

Offline cuz

• Enthusiast
Throttle cable woes
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:44:56 pm »
Can't seem to get my cables routed to not have any binding.   In the picture,  it's the top cable that is giving me grief.   With that cable off,  the throttle is very responsive and snaps back to closed quickly in all handlebar positions.   When I put the top cable back on the throttle responds OK on hard left handlebar position but binds badly on hard right.   I can't seem to find a good position for that top cable.   The cables are new motion pro.  Bike is a cb750k7.   

Offline cuz

• Enthusiast
Re: Throttle cable woes
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:12:45 pm »
I should also add that that the top cable,  I believe that is the push cable,  is very tight and requires a bit of leverage to get up in to the holder.   Maybe the cable is too short?

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
It looks like the adjuster on your pull cable is adjusted out a bit (space between cable end and nut), try loosening that adjustment, it may be pulling too much on the twist grip and making the push cable difficult to put into place.

In general all of your adjusters should be set to their loosest settings when installing the cables (including the ones up by the grip).

mystic_1
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0

Offline cuz

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »
That's all it was Mystic!   Pull cable was too tight.   Thank you very much!