Author Topic: CB400F electrical problems, need professional help  (Read 3096 times)

Offline MMaynard

CB400F electrical problems, need professional help
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:53:22 am »
Hey there,
I've been working on a project 76 CB400f for a while and had in running well last year (end of 2013). Over the winter of 2014 I decided to make some cosmetic mods, clubman bars, headlight, seat, taillight etc. pretty simple stuff. At the point when I had made quite a bit of progress it was early spring and I decided to roll it out and start it up. That's when things went wrong, lights on okay, directional come on but don't blink and when I push the starter it immediately blows the main fuse. 
I'm pretty good with electrical and mechanical stuff, with a little help, I managed to put this thing together from parts in a box, but this electrical issue has me baffled.
Short story, I'm looking for a shop that will take this thing and and see if they can figure it out. I've spoken with the usual suspects down here is SE Mass and RI, but no one wants to touch it. The one person that I thought would look at it, because he has a lot of nice old machines around, gave me a real attitude so I walked away.
Any recommendations?
Thanks for any help.

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
Re: CB400F electrical problems, need professional help
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 02:51:36 pm »
I am sure if you retraced what you did you'd probably find a pinched wire or wrong wire color connection...Larry