Author Topic: HELP!!!! IDLE ISSUE  (Read 8460 times)

Offline ok333

Re: HELP!!!! IDLE ISSUE
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2018, 01:23:27 pm »
I think my issue is coming from the #3 carb, when I first started it this morning it was backfiring out of the carb but it doesn't really sound like a backfire more like a puffing noise I guess. The cylinder was also cold until I brought the bike above 3k rpm. So I think there is something wrong with the idle circuit but I've already cleaned it and I know its clean. Also when I turned the bike off there was white smoke pouring out of that carb.

Is there a diagram  of the idle circuit for these carbs? I know the air jet for the idle circuit is clear and the idle screw passage is clear, but where else could the idle circuit be clogged?

Offline ok333

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2018, 04:40:41 pm »
I found out that the #3 plug was just fouled because I am running a richer pilot jet to help with the idle issue. I'm going to attach a video to show what the bike is doing. And yes it running rich, theres black smoke that comes out when the bike isn't fully up to temperature, but it helps with the idle issue for now. I'll switch back to the 42 pilots once this problem is figured out. Any thoughts on what the problem could be let me know. I also checked and every cylinder is firing, if I pull the plugs it stumbles. Also the advancer is working properly and I checked the valves today and they are adjusted correctly.

Offline ok333

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2018, 04:41:15 pm »
This is once the bikes warm.