Author Topic: FRAME KITS - Project Build Contest Dave Z Wins FREE TOOLS and MORE  (Read 4133 times)

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
  • I love old Japanese bikes!
Congratulations to Dave Z of Nevada. Dave is the winner of our 1st CB750 Build contest. Dave wins our new Sprocket Socket Axle Wrench Set, our Vessel 8 Piece Shop Driver Set, and a Cool RRR Logo T-Shirt.
Dave nailed it when he completed his beautiful build, but shortly after the rides came a base gasket leak. By using our CB750 Frame Kit, Dave was able to disassemble his engine to the bare block, fix the leak, and put it all back together all without engine removal. Dave's story and experience are almost exactly like mine years ago when I designed the first Frame Kit. Mine developed a leak due to aftermarket gaskets and I was determined to find a solution. Dave proved to me and himself that we found it.

Thanks to everyone for your personal support, but also to all of you who build, repair, and ride these wonderful old Hondas!

Long Live the SOHC!

Gordon/RTS

Originally Posted -

Guys, Get Your Build On! I am looking for CB750 build and project photos using the new Gordon Frame Repair Kits to host on my website. You build it and share your photos before, during, and after we'll pick our favorites.

All of the builds/projects will go on a special CB750 Build page of my website www.rrrtoolsolutions.com

Rankings and awards will be -

Kick-Ass - You'll get our 8-Piece Vessel JIS Shop Drivers Set
You'll get our 7-Piece Sprocket Socket Axle Wrench Set
You'll get our own kick-ass T-Shirt

Killer -You'll get our 8-Piece Vessel JIS Shop Drivers Set

Sweet -

All this FREE, I'll even pay the shipping! You build it and send us photos for our website and you're in - Starting NOW!

Good luck and make us proud.....Gordon/RTS

www.rrrtoolsolutions.com

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:08:19 pm by Ilbikes »
Kaws, Hondas, Yamahas, and Suzukis - especially Kaws

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: FREE TOOLS and MORE Project Build Contest - I Need Your Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:07:09 pm »
Good on you Gordon, i'll give you the first bump.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Davez134

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »
Just sent payment for mine. It will be a little while but I will send pics. Even if I'm late for contest!

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:43:11 pm »
Dave, I plan to keep this competition thing going. I've got an entire line of custom CNC dash and power options coming out soon to help you guys that are building your own bikes. Stay tuned...

Best Regards, Gordon

Offline edwardmorris

• Youngish
  • Old Timer
  • Do not cause harm, nor respond to harm with harm.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:45:36 pm »
Gordon,

Do you just need the pix of the frame kit or the whole project/bike from start to finish? If its just the kit, I can add mine now. Otherwise I'll add them later when my bike is done..

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 05:12:04 am »
Hi Ed, I'd like to have 3 maybe 4 photos of each bike build start to finish. I'm just getting this started and will be puttin up a special page for the CB750 Frame Kit Builds shortly.

Thanks for participating! Gordon

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
Bump

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
Use these if you want!

1978 CB750 F3

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
1974 CB750 K4

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:03:04 pm by brandEn »

Offline Davez134

• Expert
Here's a couple pics of mine. Finishing up and getting ready for powdercoat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Davez134

• Expert
Re: FRAME KITS - Project Build Contest - FREE TOOLS and MORE - I Need Your Photos
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:32:52 pm »
Gordon, requested pic of support plate behind triangle support...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
Re: FRAME KITS - Project Build Contest - FREE TOOLS and MORE - I Need Your Photos
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 04:04:58 am »
Thanks Branden, Dave!

I'll get a new page up on my website this weekend and post a link to it here. You guys are definitely in the contest. I have a new idea for cosmetic improvement that might make these even better. High-temp, High-Gloss Black Heat-Shrink tubing. Once everything is fully fitted and you're happy with the installation/assembly and the final paint/coating is applied, you would slip the high-gloss tubing onto the 4 joints - 2 long up front, 2 shorter ones in back. Apply Loctite Blue/Medium Strength threadlocker, Torque to 12 lbs, then slide this special 1.5" heatshrink tubing into place and apply heat all the way around with a heatgun - Photos to follow!

Again, thanks for the inputs! Best Regards, Gordon

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 09:45:45 pm »
Guys, I have just created a new CB750 Honda page on my website. Click on the written tab at the top or either of the Frame Kit images in the body of the Home Page and you'll be directed there.

Pricing for you guys is still a special deal at $160 shipped/US, so PM me here if you want one - website pricing is for "outsiders"!

www.rrrtoolsolutions.com

Best Regards, Gordon/RTS

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »
Guys, I have a frame model made for use in demonstrating how these kits go together. I wanted to share some photos of the frame and joints being aligned. The tubing is powdercoated for durability. None of the half-joints nor the blind inserts are welded in the model photos.

I'm In-Stock and ready to ship! Best Regards, Gordon

www.rrrtoolsolutions.com

Offline MidnightLamp

• Wrenchy wrenchy wrench!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:49 pm »
You'll get our 7-Piece Sprocket Socket Axle Wrench Set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF2QKzs3nzM

For anyone who hasn't seen this, this is one of the coolest home designed tools I've ever seen. Kudos! That is sweet!
'75 CB750 - Racer
'69 CB350 - Racer
'68 Enfield 350/440(flat top) - Steet
'54 Enfield 350 - Resto
'74 Commando 850 - Restomod
'67 Enfield 750 (TT7) - Resto

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
Did anybody ever get announced as the winner?

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
i need to get caught up - look for something this weekend.... Gordon

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
Get Your Build On "2014" is almost done -

I will pick 2 winners from post made to this thread and announce them on January 1st!

Standings today - BrandEn #1, Davez134 #2 based on the number of photos, techniques, and illustrations of the prep and steps of install. If you have your own, can do better - you better hurry! These guys have some GREAT project photos and deserve to win - anyone going to take that away from them?

Thanks, Gordon/RTS

Offline Davez134

• Expert
I won't have new pics in time for 31st, but will send you some more next week. My frame is at powder coater right now, will have it back in a few days!

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
Dave, Guys, I can wait another week -

Offline edwardmorris

• Youngish
  • Old Timer
  • Do not cause harm, nor respond to harm with harm.
Mine is powder coated and everything but I won't get to the assembly part until March. I hope they'll be another contest next year  ;D ;D ;D

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
Congratulations go to Dave Z and his build. Dave wins our new Sprocket Socket Axle Wrench Set, our Vessel 8 Piece Shop Driver Set, and a Cool RRR Logo T-Shirt.

Dave nailed it when he completed his beautiful build, but shortly after the rides came a base gasket leak. By using our CB750 Frame Kit, Dave was able to disassemble his engine to the bare block, fix the leak, and put it all back together all without engine removal. Dave's story and experience are almost exactly like mine years ago when I designed the first Frame Kit. Mine developed a leak due to aftermarket Athena gaskets and I was determined to find a solution.

Let's get another one going. I want to see more!

Gordon/RTS

Offline SOHC4 Cafe Racer Fan

• Speak up, Whipper-Snapper! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC/4 Member #1235
Re: FRAME KITS - Project Build Contest Dave Z Wins FREE TOOLS and MORE
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »
Awesome!  I learned the hard way.  After pulling the motor twice I installed my Gordon's frame kit.  I have one in the wings for my next 750 build.  No screwing around this time!
1975 CB550K1 "Blue" Stockish Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=135005.0)
1975 CB550F1 frame/CB650 engine hybrid "The Hot Mess" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,150220.0.html)
2008 Triumph Thruxton (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,190956.0.html)
2014 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,186861.0.html)

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them — but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one.... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba." Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature, Cycle World, March 1995.  (http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html and https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1995/3/1/song-of-the-sausage-creature)

Sold/Emeritus
1973 CB750K2 "Bionic Mongrel" (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132734.0) - Sold
1977 CB750K7 "Nine Lives" Restomod (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=50490.0) - Sold
2005 RVT1000RR RC51-SP2 "El Diablo" - Sold
2016+ Triumph Thruxton 1200 R (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,170198.0.html) - Sold

Offline Davez134

• Expert
Re: FRAME KITS - Project Build Contest Dave Z Wins FREE TOOLS and MORE
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 05:28:11 pm »
These tools are top notch! Thanks! And, thank you for making this kit, I would have lost my mind if I had to pull the motor to fix that leak!